Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Bahrain

I think he speaks like he feels, regardless of anything else. The Start at Melbourne must somewhat shake him.

Plus Vettel and Kimi could stay ahead during the first stint. an eye opener

I won't race if I were him. One unexpected bump and he's done !

I really suspect that Alonso was warned about various scenarios by his medical advisors. His new girlfriend could perhaps talk sense to him. I read (with some minimal understanding) a research paper written by former F1 Dr. Watkins about conditions and consequences after racing incidents, and I have a nagging feeling, had he been with us today in his former function, he would make Alonso sit out a few races. If I got it right, Sid did not believe that we understand fully danger to our bodies, and as a precautionary measure, he would have been very strict.

Plus Vettel and Kimi could stay ahead during the first stint. an eye opener

Yeah, I think it was shocking for them. They didn't know where Ferrari was after Spain, and seeing them on first lap ahead, the potential nightmare was turning quickly into a real one. Today they probably calm down after they analysed what happened, but still, they taking nothing for granted.

Ferrari would've won if the did t stuff up the tyre strategy, they simply got outsmarted and that cost them the race.

Alonso won't be racing in Bahrain, he's had his medical and been declared 'not fit to race' after his huge crash in Australia. Stoffel Vandoorne will take his place for McLaren alongside Jenson Button. Good luck to him.

Alonso won't be racing in Bahrain, he's had his medical and been declared 'not fit to race' after his huge crash in Australia. Stoffel Vandoorne will take his place for McLaren alongside Jenson Button. Good luck to him.

Sometimes one needs a chance, and this is it for Vandoorne; now or never!

Wonder if it's concussion or ribs that's stopping him?

FiA is citing his exclusion is a cracked rib related, but people whom I take for their word is rapidly shrinking, so I will wait when and if he is coming back. If it is the rib, again, it's nothing more than a wild guess, but I would say he might be off for two to three months. Two weeks and counting.

Sakae is right, it's his ribs which are stopping him. He might not even be fit for China so I just read. You can't risk the driver's health that's for sure.

Yeah but he would have better medical experts than we can get so I expect him back for China. He did look quite out of it when he got out the car to didn't he?

Something is not quite right, but here Alonso is talking about 10 days of recovery, others with a similar injury did not feel totally recovered after 5 months and felt pain.

Only time we'll tell, must have been even more of a harder hit than we realised.

If we should believe disclosed information, Alonso has cracked rib (stated singular) and collapsed lungs.

A collapsed lung, big difference between one and two.

I am not sure, but based on his optimism, I would guess it's a lung, rather than plural. There is somewhere an interview with him about it. Admittedly, conditioned after last year charade, I did not pay too much attention to it. The trust is gone, and who wants to waste time.

Bahrain FP1

Kimi did well, Seb had a very slow start into this weekend. I wonder what's big idea, this time, parking more in the garage than turning laps so badly needed. Lowest lap counts from them all.

From F. site - Seb run set up trials on medium tires

Seb is having two miserable FP(s) so far. Not very encouraging, unless he is testing something new.