Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Bahrain

It was a horrible decision to dive into the corner like that at the start of a gp and leaving it up to chance with drivers all around you. Glad he got the penalty! That guy has a big problem with decision-making spatial awareness

OK, but from the video provided, I am under impression it was actually Hamilton who rammed into him, just as I though while Bottas was on the edge of the track, and substantially placed next to Hamilton, it was actually Mercedes which had space on the left, and therefore could have avoided altercation. In terms of audacity with which Bottas dived in - well, like him or not, that's what drivers have to do these days to get ahead. In later phases it's almost impossible. I do not like Bottas, nor I hate him, but I think I understand his thinking with that move.

As Publius has pointed out, it's going for the gap while putting others at risk!

Brad, I understand it, but don't you think "going for the gap" is what they all do? DR had collision last year when he thought he could fill the gap, MV had the same and ended badly, and there are numerous other cases like that. I do actuall consider this "gap" thing as essential characteristic of a racing driver. Am I wrong?

Brad, I understand it, but don't you think "going for the gap" is what they all do? DR had collision last year when he thought he could fill the gap, MV had the same and ended badly, and there are numerous other cases like that. I do actuall consider this "gap" thing as essential characteristic of a racing driver. Am I wrong?

very essential ..... I guess then that the best racers know, however, when to take the gap... cause anyone can just try and fail, miserably, as this case has proven

very essential ..... I guess then that the best racers know, however, when to take the gap... cause anyone can just try and fail, miserably, as this case has proven

You see, you are a thinking, polite and careful, but do you think race drivers are the same breed? Do you really believe had those roles were reversed, that Hamilton would not have dived in as Bottas has? I think he would do the same, and moreover, he would have gotten away with it, whereas Bottas did not.They do treat Hamilton differently.

You see, you are a thinking, polite and careful, but do you think race drivers are the same breed? Do you really believe had those roles were reversed, that Hamilton would not have dived in as Bottas has? I think he would do the same, and moreover, he would have gotten away with it, whereas Bottas did not.They do treat Hamilton differently.

How on earth can you say that??? Is there someone high in the stewards panel thats effect these decisions to vouch in favour of Hamilton.

I cannot of course submitt anything other than feeling, that certain drivers were, and continue to be treated slightly differently. Senna, DR, MV, and Hamilton are some examples I am thinking off. People are used to their agressive style, and their actions are taken as prudent racing style, whereas if you get Bottas, Grosjean or some others (I call them sheep family) all over sudden being aggressive, if something happen, than they are treated somewhat differently and more harshly. In last year Monaco case Bottas would have been punsihed, methinks. This is my very private pet theory, nothing scientific. Just a feeling I developed after watchnig F1 for a while.

How on earth can you say that??? Is there someone high in the stewards panel thats effect these decisions to vouch in favour of Hamilton.

What and you think teams and drivers go around full circle and take it in turns who is successful this time and which driver is? To help boost car market sales,TV viewers and such,

No none of this is going on at all hey?

What and you think teams and drivers go around full circle and take it in turns who is successful this time and which driver is? To help boost car market sales,TV viewers and such,

No none of this is going on at all hey?

I don't get your point?

Are you saying...

1. It's so blatantly obvious that Lewis is favoured? I personally have'nt seen any evidence of this... or

2. Stewards are nitwits who don't know what they doing. They look at the telemetry and decide, this one is up for grabs! Plus penalties will boost sales

Bah the stewards, you have no idea do you? Look past that mate.

Occasionally...and I mean, occasionally... stewards gets it wrong, but not all the bloody time.

In my memory and IMHO more times than I have fingers and toes altogether. They are, unfortunately, especially very sensitive which way wind is blowing in the paddock and F1 media. Decision inconsistencies are a such commonplace, that no one rises eyebrow anymore over it.

In my memory and IMHO more times than I have fingers and toes altogether. They are, unfortunately, especially very sensitive which way wind is blowing in the paddock and F1 media. Decision inconsistencies are a such commonplace, that no one rises eyebrow anymore over it.

That's just it isn't it? It happens so often now that telling lies or "stretched" stories are in deed normal .

Sorry radical I didn't even bother reading that as I didn't want to hear who's fault it is this time as it's never felipe's is it?

lol true.

however, it's Wiliams as a whole trying to come up with an aggressive but not fully thought out strategy

How any times have Williams blown strategy now? They did it in Australia aswell and I remember a few times last season they did to. Is this Claire's fault? Trying to take on to much perhaps or is it just a bad phase there going through on the engineering side?