Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Are You Bloody Serious?

I might regret this but I'm going to say it anyway. I agree with Emmcee when he says it's unfair that Hamilton breaks the law and gets away with it. Laws should governe all of us, no one should be above the law and well known sportsmen who earn the kind of money Hamilton does should be setting the right example to his fans, particularly the younger ones.

Most of the time I ignore Hamilton as that's the best way I've found, but when I see him (or any other famous person) doing stupid/illegal things and being allowed to get away with them, that does annoy me.

I might regret this but I'm going to say it anyway. I agree with Emmcee when he says it's unfair that Hamilton breaks the law and gets away with it. Laws should governe all of us, no one should be above the law and well known sportsmen who earn the kind of money Hamilton does should be setting the right example to his fans, particularly the younger ones.

Most of the time I ignore Hamilton as that's the best way I've found, but when I see him (or any other famous person) doing stupid/illegal things and being allowed to get away with them, that does annoy me.

Did you read my response to it... I know you're not a fan of the guy

Did you read my response to it... I know you're not a fan of the guy

I did read your response and you're right, it's not his fault they let him get away with it. The thing is, in his position he should be more careful and not be breaking the law in the first place! As I said people like him, footballers, movie stars, singers etc. they're all supposed to set a good example to their fans. As I was always told, 'if you can't be a good example, you'll have to be a terrible warning'. Maybe that is what he'll end up being if he carries on the way he is.

I did read your response and you're right, it's not his fault they let him get away with it. The thing is, in his position he should be more careful and not be breaking the law in the first place! As I said people like him, footballers, movie stars, singers etc. they're all supposed to set a good example to their fans. As I was always told, 'if you can't be a good example, you'll have to be a terrible warning'. Maybe that is what he'll end up being if he carries on the way he is.

Maybe he does/did'nt know he's breaking any rule... I do burn-outs without anyone noticing...it's cool. Everyone has their poison, and when I look at Hamilton, besides his macho showing, is quite innocent. Mr coolness youknow. What rule have YOU broken. Who's a saint, a mr googie goodie, who does nothing wrong...and I say this as a christian follower.

Maybe he does/did'nt know he's breaking any rule... I do burn-outs without anyone noticing...it's cool. Everyone has their poison, and when I look at Hamilton, besides his macho showing, is quite innocent. Mr coolness youknow. What rule have YOU broken. Who's a saint, mr googie goodie, who does nothing wrong...and I say this as a christian follower.

Again, in his position it's up to him to know the rules and not break them, for me that comes with the job and the big payday. Some he might have broken without realising, others I'd wouldn't be so sure about.

I'm a Christian too and honestly, I've never broken the law in my life that I'm aware of, I'm a proper goody two shoes. rolleyes2.gif Oh and I don't drive either, so I've never broken any rules of the road, I never learned and now I have a health issue that would prevent me from doing so even if I wanted to.

Again, in his position it's up to him to know the rules and not break them, for me that comes with the job and the big payday. Some he might have broken without realising, others I'd wouldn't be so sure about.

I'm a Christian too and honestly, I've never broken the law in my life that I'm aware of, I'm a proper goody two shoes. rolleyes2.gif Oh and I don't drive either, so I've never broken any rules of the road, I never learned and now I have a health issue that would prevent me from doing so even if I wanted to.

He is'nt paid to be a hero or role-model... he is being paid to drive...a very fast car...to championships if he can. and did. Merc knew that when they brought him over, that there's another side to him, a rebelious side, that is actually good for their brand because Merc are perceived as old and conservative. Hamilton brought exposure to Merc that they could'nt get anywhere else, and love him for it

Angelica my dear, we keep on sinning, we break laws everytime, maybe you don't do it physically, but spiritually we do. The only difference is we're believers who trust in Jesus as our personal saviour.

He is'nt paid to be a hero or role-model... he is being paid to drive...a very fast car...to championships if he can. and did. Merc knew that when they brought him over, that there's another side to him, a rebelious side, that is actually good for their brand because Merc are perceived as old and conservative. Hamilton brought exposure to Merc that they could'nt get anywhere else, and love him for it

Angelica my dear, we keep on sinning, we break laws everytime, maybe you don't do it physically, but spiritually we do. The only difference is we're believers who trust in Jesus as our personal saviour.

See the one point where we disagree is that you don't believe Hamilton should be a role model and I do. I understand what you're saying about Mercedes and so on, and I'm sure he's done wonders for them in many ways, but someone like him shouldn't be out there breaking the rules in such a public way. That to me is wrong, he does plenty of other stuff that generates publicity, law breaking can't be seen as a good thing for him or the team. The whole 'there's no such thing as bad publicity' is a myth, some of it can be very bad and who wants that?

You're right Brad, we do all sin, you wouldn't be human if you didn't, but some of us just try to do it less often than others.

Well said, like I've already stated, I could give a toss what he does in his private life, even to posting online media addiction I could over look, but once he breaks laws that I know for a fact everyday citizens could loose there license. That's a loss in income from work, harder to do shopping and God forbid if your kids have sporting events. All because you use your phone and I can guarantee most civilians wouldn't be stupid enough getting caught doing a selfie, they would be on a phone call or just looking at your phone and your done, yet he would've known this and simply by doing it, showed a blatent disregard for public authority. I don't agree with most there laws but it doesn't make me invisible to them. This and just his whole attitude now ready makes my dislike the idiot. Yeah he can drive bloody fast but as a person, he is a complete toss.

When Hamilton came into f1, he was fast focussed and doing what an f1 driver should be doing. But as soon as he sacked his father, that's when we have seen this whole attitude change, his father seemed to keep him in check. I also think it's weird that he needs more attention than he already gets by the addition of his online media presence. "Hey look at me, over here, hey look at me"

Racing is a leisure activity, and I am very selective how I spend that time. I need to be comfortable with a driver on and off the track as a person, distant friend. Sebastian is a person I can have a glass of wine with. Hamilton, not so much. Nothing less, nothing more to it.

There's better drivers out there that aren't even classed as professional that would be better than formula one drivers. Just f1 drivers are kids who had money to start, these guys build cars in home garages and such.

Built a car in your garage only gets you so far. Driving consistently on the limit, lap after lap like Michael Schumacher, gets you somewhere else, regardless if you have one garage or more.

There's quite a few that are still "underground". There's quite a few underground racers in Japan that were good enough to become pro but didn't want to.

A generic statement so often heard that F1 drivers are best in the world is most likely patently false, especially in lower grid tier having taken into consideration who is in, and who was sidelined due to nationalistic preferences.

A generic statement so often heard that F1 drivers are best in the world is most likely patently false, especially in lower grid tier having taken into consideration who is in, and who was sidelined due to nationalistic preferences.

Fi drivers used to be the best when they got the drives on talent. In recent years the need for sponsorship money has changed that I'd say. It's sad but true.

Yeah well if Bernie wasn't pocketing all the saved cash from all these "cost cutting" measures of the years right before people's eyes, then it would be so expensive for people and companies to risk the cash. This is what makes bernie's scam so more translucent, it's the fact it cost more money across the entire f1 board now than it ever did, long before cost cutting was ever an issue. Rotten pig he is.