Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 China - Race No. 3

Please give us a non Merc win. Kimi or Vettel, but one of them will have a car failure, the other or the same driver will have a terrible pit strategy. Most likely Kimi, being asked to do too many laps on already buggered tyres.

Seb had the car failure last race, it's Kimi's turn contract.gif (sorry Brad).

Great to have proper quali back, that's more like it :) Oh and the best part of only getting highlights is you don't have to sit around and wait during red flag times.

Three place grid penalty for Hulkenberg after his tyre flew off, that could have been nasty. Good effort by Ricciardo. Vettel says he reckons Ferrari have a better tyre strategy for the race than Merc, I sure hope he's right!!

Hamilton at the back. I didn't laugh, no really, I didn't!! Well okay, I might have loljump.gif It's about time he had some back luck for a change. Though I spoke to my cousin and he doesn't like Hamilton so he's not saying this as a fan, he reckons Merc have decided that this is Rosberg's year. I'm not sure I believe that yet but if things like this keep happening to him I might have to! errrrrr.gif

Please give us a non Merc win. Kimi or Vettel, but one of them will have a car failure, the other or the same driver will have a terrible pit strategy. Most likely Kimi, being asked to do too many laps on already buggered tyres.

Why not hope for a Ricciardo win? ;)

You mean just re-badge it something else? It's still a Renault, exactly what's in the back of magnussens car, just rebadged as a tag heuer.

Sorry, your sarcasm is so bland, it's hard to tell if it's down to plain lack of knowledge.

200w.gif

Hoping for Ricciardo win. But it's very difficult to take it from the merc and the Ferrari's. Kimi looking good. If he starts well he may well win it. Both the first row drivers are not good starters.

Third race and we haven't really seen Ferrari performing at its full potential. Pitty. Congratulation to Sebastian on P2 after what has been not too satisfactory weekend due to a car (reported) imbalances. Good job.

Ricciardo for driver of the day? Takes lead at start only to get puncture, drops to 18th and fights back to fourth only 7 seconds behind kvyat. Drive of the day for sure.

Bloody Seb cracking it a kvyat, does it remind him of being a torpedo at spa one year and taking out himself and button? Cmon Seb, that was a low blow that considering they didn't even touch, but Seb should've had that "awareness" hey guys? You know, not to hit raikkonen. You know that awareness Iam talking about? The one everyone here talks about, that every driver must have 360 degree vision. This rests my cases on the previous debates on bottas/raikkonen and Ricciardo/raikkonen. I don't want to bring it up but since everyone makes a point when someone brings something up, this time I thought I would.

Ricciardo for driver of the day? Takes lead at start only to get puncture, drops to 18th and fights back to fourth only 7 seconds behind kvyat. Drive of the day for sure.

Bloody Seb cracking it a kvyat, does it remind him of being a torpedo at spa one year and taking out himself and button? Cmon Seb, that was a low blow that considering they didn't even touch, but Seb should've had that "awareness" hey guys? You know, not to hit raikkonen. You know that awareness Iam talking about? The one everyone here talks about, that every driver must have 360 degree vision. This rests my cases on the previous debates on bottas/raikkonen and Ricciardo/raikkonen. I don't want to bring it up but since everyone makes a point when someone brings something up, this time I thought I would.

Well, since YOU DID BRING IT UP, Kvyat dragged Vettel towards Kimi, which is the same point I was making with the Bottas incident. Affecting other drivers races with stupid moves. Vettel had also reason to complain becoz it's his own teammate.

I really don't get your point, your true feelings about Vettel and Kimi always surface tho

Seb has done nothing wrong, other than racing. That's my take on the incident. I am guessing, but I doubt it was his intention to come together with his friend, and teammate. Being boxed from both sides, I am not sure what kind of evasive action people were expecting of him, but I am OK with his drive. Kimi could take a wide line, Seb could not. That is that. Hamilton has a superior car, thus, I refuse to give him any credit for getting some points. Sebastian had excellent recovery despite pieces of his wing freed themselves. Kvyat had a good car today and kept Ferrari honest. It was a good drive, despite some questions regarding his share on the Ferrari's handshake. Rosberg has done what he had to do, and won, again. Nothing special. Bottas was disappointing, and his chances to replace Kimi really faded today. Verstappen was impressive, but then that car is really good as well. For me, there was no one shining to have his name on the pedestal. Kudos to Kimi for his good drive as well.

This is crazy if your saying its kvyat fault, they didn't even touch, clean move and maybe kimi can learn to use the brakes like kvyat if your attempt a similar move. Maye just invade you skim read my post, I didn't say it was kimis fault at all, if drivers can't make passing attempts as other drivers might make mistakes, what's the point of racing? If kvyat ploughed into Vettel and took him out, the I would agree, not only with this but with the whole bottas/raikkonen and Russia 2015. But like I said, he didn't touch Seb or kimi, Seb hit kimi who hit kvyat.

Also, why has no one mentioned how well Ricciardo drove? He was the driver of the day. Took the lead, had a puncture, dropped to 18th and fought back to fourth, who did a better job than that?

re: Kvyat; chicken and egg. If there was no RB on his right, Vettel could take a tighter line, hence, a question is now, why Kvyat should be excused for racing, and Vettel would be denied the same courtesy? Maybe Kimi should have taken the wider line, who knows. It is one thing to sit at home, having video shots on your screen, and sitting in the car when heat is on. For me, this was a racing accident. I do not really blame Kvyat, but then I do not blame Vettel either. After perusing the internet this afternoon, Sebastian is a marked man as biggest jerk under the sun, but once heads will cool down this will fall into a category of racing accidents, regardless how annoying it is.

Also, why has no one mentioned how well Ricciardo drove? He was the driver of the day. Took the lead, had a puncture, dropped to 18th and fought back to fourth, who did a better job than that?

He is not the only one. Several drivers came back from behind and placed well. In 2012 Vettel under pressure to win or lose a championship came back from the last place, won the championship, and instead get some praise, they all whined that Alonso lost it. No applause for Vettel. F1 is cruel, and you should know so much. Back to DR - his car was similar as Kvyat's, having very much improved Renault engine on. RB did what they had to, but their shine was helped today by others basking in misery.

Several drivers did a good job today, Vettel finished second after battling through the field at least twice and with two damaged front wings, he also finished ahead of Ricciardo, Raikkonen dropped to the back and finished 5th, Hamilton started at the back, had 5 pitstops and finished in the top 10. Ricciardo did drive well today, but he wasn't the only one.

Several drivers did a good job today, Vettel finished second after battling through the field at least twice and with two damaged front wings, he also finished ahead of Ricciardo, Raikkonen dropped to the back and finished 5th, Hamilton started at the back, had 5 pitstops and finished in the top 10. Ricciardo did drive well today, but he wasn't the only one.

DR was bragging theirs was the second place if it wasn't for his puncture. Very dismissive of Ferrari, and that's the trouble with big mouths when they get involved in speculations of a kind - should, would, could, but at the end did not! It was Vettel there, and not him.

the fact that despite starting last, damaging his car at the first corner and no less than 5 pit stops Hamilton finished 7th is amazing, both for his effort and his car. both Vettel and Raikkonen had very strong races. I was also pleased to see that someone managed to wake up good old Massa during the last few laps and he looked like a proper racing driver when defending from a (weakened) Hamilton. I also happen to believe that Kvyat should be praised for his amazing start