Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 China - Race No. 3

Also, why has no one mentioned how well Ricciardo drove? He was the driver of the day. Took the lead, had a puncture, dropped to 18th and fought back to fourth, who did a better job than that?

I assume this is your unbiased opinion shades.gifdam.gif

Vettel actually had one pitstop more than Rosberg, which would help to explain the gap at the finish line.

From top down view, Kvyat trajectory suggests, that he carried far too much speed to be on inside and probably was on collision course with Raikkonen, even of Vettel wasn't there.

We didn't discuss it much, but Bottas and Vettel had some "get together" as well. I am not sure whether Seb lost one or two front wings today. I think he changed one when SC came out.

From top down view, Kvyat trajectory suggests, that he carried far too much speed to be on inside and probably was on collision course with Raikkonen, even of Vettel wasn't there.

We didn't discuss it much, but Bottas and Vettel had some "get together" as well. I am not sure whether Seb lost one or two front wings today. I think he changed one when SC came out.

Agreed

Ohh brad, you swap and change your opinions so often it's a joke.

1- there was plenty room up the inside, the door was open, if just "squeezed" in there, there would've been less room and contact would've been made early as Vettel would've had a tighter line which makes me think Vettel made a small mistake to begin with.

2- Vettel turns turns in to find the redbull there and has to take evasive action which turns into kimi, hits kvyat and forces kvyat to the outside of the corner. Yeah I agree, kvyat came in to fast but he didn't hit anyway and he certainly didn't hit a car to slow himself down, so I don't see the point. I think people were so hung up on seeing Ferrari do well, that any mistake to distroy that has to be justified by a mistake caused by someone else because how many times have errors been made and it's never kimi or sebs fault. And guys, you can't say this move is bad and kimi last year with bottas wasn't, bottas's incident was clear cut and so is this except there is no drama, move was pulled of. If you don't like big mouths sakae then you would dislike Vettel for his bullish approach at kvyat towards the end. If Daniel Ricciardo is a big mouth, then you will like no one, he is the nicest bloke out there and I say that with an unbiased opinion. The other funny thing is, the exact same thing is happening behind with the two Williams and a force India, why no one pick that up? Because nothing happened there that's why lmao.

Seb had one wing replaced but the coming together with Bottas then wrecked his 2nd wing and he lost some winglets and flaps on the left side. It didn't seem to hinder him though. In one of his final pit stops, they

adjusted something on the front left, most likely to compensate for him having a portion of his wing missing.

I was watching the v8 supercar highlights of Philip Island and there barging each other coming into the hairpin. The amount of force they hit each other with would disintegrate the two f1 cars that would be stupid enough to attempt this lol.

Seb had one wing replaced but the coming together with Bottas then wrecked his 2nd wing and he lost some winglets and flaps on the left side. It didn't seem to hinder him though. In one of his final pit stops, they

adjusted something on the front left, most likely to compensate for him having a portion of his wing missing.

I can't actually remember when Vettel hit Bottas?

British Sky rated Vettel 7 out of 10, AMuS 6 - one of the lowest ranking, despite that:

- Vettel finished race in P2 for the race

- After SC he was in P14

- His car was damaged twice; replaced front wing was also damaged in altercation with Bottas, and steering wheel was off center. He drove with the damaged car balance of the race.

In comparison, they place him at the level of Ericsson, who also got 7 points.

I am not sure what Seb has to do to impress gallery.

When he wins, it's his car, not him - hence points off .

If he is in the front, he hasn't overtaken anyone - hence points off.

If he is 14 and ends up in P2 - he dared to have private conversation with Kvyat (as it turns it wasn't so private) - hence points off

So, what else is new?

I can't actually remember when Vettel hit Bottas?

When he passed him, they had a small touch/brush. Vettel's wing end plates broke off as he went over the kerbs a few laps later. Can't recall what lap it was though, sorry.

When he passed him, they had a small touch/brush. Vettel's wing end plates broke off as he went over the kerbs a few laps later. Can't recall what lap it was though, sorry.

That altercation must have been approx. around Lap #17; Seb admitted later that he wasn't even aware of it, but he knew the car was off balance. (Missing pieces, and steering off center, so he had to make manual corrections through turns).

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/f1-live.html#

Nice visuals:

https://streamable.com/tydz

https://streamable.com/civt

https://streamable.com/fckl

I am not actually surprised that Sebastian was a little bit annoyed by this incident. Vettel in his situation would have to almost park it and risk of being rear ended, but the accident in the making was inevitable. Seb appears more of a victim, rather than an instigator, and Kvyat was voted a man of the race. I am genuinely lost how anyone can hang this on Vettel.

Nice visuals:

I am not actually surprised that Sebastian was a little bit annoyed by this incident. Vettel in his situation would have to almost park it and risk of being rear ended, but the accident in the making was inevitable. Seb appears more of a victim, rather than an instigator, and Kvyat was voted a man of the race. I am genuinely lost how anyone can hang this on Vettel.

That's how I feel about kvyat as Vettel did the exact thing to bottas later anyway. If anyone is to blame it would be kimi but in saying that, it boggles my mind how Seb wasn't expecting anyone on the outside of the first corner of turn one of a GP. If people don't blame Seb for it, then there is no way on earth they can blame kvyat for it when they didn't even touch.

That's how I feel about kvyat as Vettel did the exact thing to bottas later anyway. If anyone is to blame it would be kimi but in saying that, it boggles my mind how Seb wasn't expecting anyone on the outside of the first corner of turn one of a GP. If people don't blame Seb for it, then there is no way on earth they can blame kvyat for it when they didn't even touch.

I do not wish to get involved in semantics, but it is not how he should have drive, or how he could drive, but what we see as it happened, and with the exceptions of a small group of fans, as far as I could determine, a vast majority of the F1 community blames Vettel for the incident. I've watched visuals repeatedly, and I am lacking understanding what was expected of Vettel, once he detected the presence of Kvyat on his right, in order to avoid impact. I am hoping you are not telling me that having left door adjar for 80% car width, Kvyat is totally innocent of situation he has created. Maybe it is acceptable, maybe it is fine how Kimi drove, but the question stands - all those people who are throwing mud on Vettel, tell me then, what was he suppose to do in those speeds once he got boxed in?

Well I know from my karting days to avoid getting pinched liked that you jab the brakes, but Vettel didn't want to loose out and he didn't lift of as I think he expected kvyat to run wide and collect kimi tbh and he turn in under the pair of them and then you see Vettel trying to push himself back into the racing line at more than half the speed less of the traffic and gets clobbered again, then later he does the same move kvyat did on him, to bottas, can't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Well I know from my karting days to avoid getting pinched liked that you jab the brakes, but Vettel didn't want to loose out and he didn't lift of as I think he expected kvyat to run wide and collect kimi tbh and he turn in under the pair of them and then you see Vettel trying to push himself back into the racing line at more than half the speed less of the traffic and gets clobbered again, then later he does the same move kvyat did on him, to bottas, can't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

As an ex-racer than you are keenly aware that hitting brakes was not really an option. In the first instance sequence of events was rapid for stopping on the dime, and in the second instance, the field was still together (1st lap), and Vettel couldn't know who is behind him. Hitting brakes could have someone going over his wheel and we know what happens in that case, or taking several cars out. But that's just my opinion.

Well I know from my karting days to avoid getting pinched liked that you jab the brakes

when I talk of my karting days I feel like a very old man because I did my last race in 1987 but in my personal experience if you touch the brake pedal it can turn really nasty: once I was in a similar situation, I was still a kid, when I realised that I would never be able to make it (I besically hadn't braked for an hairpin and was trying to get past a friend, it wasn't even a race, we were just having fun) I toughed the brakes and bingo, I was sent airborne over my mate. I was so frightened that I still remember it to these days, I could have killed him, having touched the brakes as soon as my front left tyre touched his rear right I was catapulted into the air (and, as a consequence, very very very close to his head). Had I found myself in such a situation when I was racing signle seaters (and it's a theoretical excercise since I never raced any Tilke venue with those fake turns) I would have never touched the brakes, I presume that I would have tried to go straight ahead or accept and "nudge" the car in front (as seems to have been the case for Vettel). From that day in karting I have never touched the brakes when I had my front wheels close to the rear tyres of another car

re: links in the post #117

From the beginning, I thought it was a racing incident, and because it was between teammates, so much more unfortunate one. The problem started, when I learned to my surprise, that half of the internet blames Vettel for that altercation, yet until now I am lacking any rational explanation what Vettel could do to avoid contact. Ferrari management, to their credit, refused to be drawn into that discussion. (Big difference in comparison to Mercedes after the incident at Spa).

thx, dont know how I missed it

Nice visuals:

The more I see the incident... How kvyat didnt get a penalty boggles the mind