Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 China - Race No. 3

As an ex-racer than you are keenly aware that hitting brakes was not really an option. In the first instance sequence of events was rapid for stopping on the dime, and in the second instance, the field was still together (1st lap), and Vettel couldn't know who is behind him. Hitting brakes could have someone going over his wheel and we know what happens in that case, or taking several cars out. But that's just my opinion.

Now I have to give secrets out do I? Lol you don't jump on the brakes you goose, you give them a quick jab while on the gas pedal still , same as if your about to understeer. Any other tricks you want to know ;)

The more I see the incident... How kvyat didnt get a penalty boggles the mind

This post boggles my mind, how the hell you penalise someone who made no contact with the car? There not corner cutting or speeding on the pit lane or an unsafe release because that's most of the non contact penalties, man what you smoking because I want some.

when I talk of my karting days I feel like a very old man because I did my last race in 1987 but in my personal experience if you touch the brake pedal it can turn really nasty: once I was in a similar situation, I was still a kid, when I realised that I would never be able to make it (I besically hadn't braked for an hairpin and was trying to get past a friend, it wasn't even a race, we were just having fun) I toughed the brakes and bingo, I was sent airborne over my mate. I was so frightened that I still remember it to these days, I could have killed him, having touched the brakes as soon as my front left tyre touched his rear right I was catapulted into the air (and, as a consequence, very very very close to his head). Had I found myself in such a situation when I was racing signle seaters (and it's a theoretical excercise since I never raced any Tilke venue with those fake turns) I would have never touched the brakes, I presume that I would have tried to go straight ahead or accept and "nudge" the car in front (as seems to have been the case for Vettel). From that day in karting I have never touched the brakes when I had my front wheels close to the rear tyres of another car

Well when I used to race karts the way I was able to find my limit or the karts limit was to run every corner as quick as possible to find the understeering point, the exact moment the tyres loose grip and cure the understeer by a quick jab of the brakes while still on the gas you have to be on the throttle otherwise you could lock the rears and spin of. But once you find the limit, you won't need to correct understeer as much, and I've also been in a similar situation like that, almost identical as there was a very similar corner coming up after, so I did what I said I would do, I braked and fortunately it was only a couple of length further back than the original braking point, just like we saw in China and because I brakes that bit earlier, not only did I avoid the inside and outside kart coming together, I was able to get by the pair of them and get a wicked exit out of the corner, I've done this move a few times. But that's me and I think there would be a lot more going on at a start of a GP than a kart race but still.

This post boggles my mind, how the hell you penalise someone who made no contact with the car? There not corner cutting or speeding on the pit lane or an unsafe release because that's most of the non contact penalties, man what you smoking because I want some.

lol