Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

To Save F1, What Needs To Be Done ?

Bernie probably got worried about the red dot shinning through his bedroom window the last few nights. Surely he has pi$$ed the wrong people now and might have to watch himself, I've already said I'll chip in for a hit man lol. Wonder if Lewis would do it? He loves flying all over the world in a private jet, he could track him down. Probably not a good idea, he would probably post that to with a selfie of the body and then wonder what all the fuss is about lol.

Bernie probably got worried about the red dot shinning through his bedroom window the last few nights. Surely he has pi$$ed the wrong people now and might have to watch himself, I've already said I'll chip in for a hit man lol. Wonder if Lewis would do it? He loves flying all over the world in a private jet, he could track him down. Probably not a good idea, he would probably post that to with a selfie of the body and then wonder what all the fuss is about lol.

hahaha !!!

He probably saw our posts here and got worried when people started to agree to get a Hitman rip.png

Someone might have pointed a gun in his head goldeneye.gif . I bet it was Angelica LOL , J/K/.. loljump.gif

Me? Little old me? checkit.gif As if I'd do something like that! naughty.gif

Me? Little old me? checkit.gif As if I'd do something like that! naughty.gif

Good job in giving Bernie an offer he can't refuse contract.gif

Good job in giving Bernie an offer he can't refuse contract.gif

We women have our own special way of getting what we want ;)

Lol your telling me, a bloke does it it's called rape.

I know exactly what you meanmsn-wink.gif

I thought you might ;)

Purring is probably one of those strategies.

Purring Sakae? Seriously? So I'm a cat now? loljump.gif

Well, there are documented similarities:

1. Cats and women make cutest faces whenever they need something.

2. When you bring them into your house, everything that's yours automatically belongs to them.

loljump.gif

Well, there are documented similarities:

1. Cats and women make cutest faces whenever they need something.

2. When you bring them into your house, everything that's yours automatically belongs to them.

loljump.gif

Okay, I'll agree with number 1 ;) Number 2 I'd dispute, some women are like that but not all of us are :P

Hey guys :)

I knew I had a Lyria account here years and years ago. By some miracle I managed to find the password in an old book I had buried in the back of a drawer. So I'm back icon2_flag.gifparty0775.gifrule.gifclap3.gif

Hey guys smile.png

I knew I had a Lyria account here years and years ago. By some miracle I managed to find the password in an old book I had buried in the back of a drawer. So I'm back icon2_flag.gifparty0775.gifrule.gifclap3.gif

Welcome back. Help us save F1 icecream.gif

Welcome back. Help us save F1 icecream.gif

Hmm, I'm not so sure I can. I had mod powers at my old forum and even they didn't help. I'll do my best though :)

Hmm, I'm not so sure I can. I had mod powers at my old forum and even they didn't help. I'll do my best though smile.png

Keeping this forum alive / cheerful would be a good start flashingbanana.gif

Keeping this forum alive / cheerful would be a good start flashingbanana.gif

I'll do my best to smile and have a good time here with you ;)

This weekend's China race is good for F1.

Agreed, all the cars finished, plenty of racing action and something to discuss/argue about. What more could you ask for?

I'll do my best to smile and have a good time here with you wink.png

Agreed, all the cars finished, plenty of racing action and something to discuss/argue about. What more could you ask for?

Ask for? ...maybe Ferrari on top... just brainstorming, nothing much more than that.

I am not entirely sure we can save it as it is never gonna go back to what it was before. We can change it but it'll never be the same.

I have lost some interest over the past few years for various reasons, but I can only talk about myself.

- I stopped going to F1. Why? I moved country and it's too expensive to get there/tickets/etc. F1 is too expensive for people who actually want to see it, and it became a show for people who can afford but don't really care. Even when I went I had student discount, otherwise it'd be a no-no. I cannot talk about the structure of other countries, because I've not been to other races, but in my country you spend 80% of your month wages to sit down a metal grandstand with no numbered seats, overcrowded, and people peeing on bottles around you, because the toilets are all the way downstairs and if you stand up, you'll lose your seat. Thank God, we women can hold it longer lol And you can't even see the stupid screens or signs. Either you take a radio/mobile, or you won't know what's happening. I was there when Felipe lost championship to Lewis ( I had better seats at this time, because no one deserves going through the cheapest ones in interlagos ), and it took about 5 minutes for the crowd to realise Lewis actually won. It is just not worth all the money in tickets and hotels and plane and everything else.

- The fans got very annoying and aggressive. I remember when everybody hated Michael, and everybody hated Lewis, and then Vettel and I think it's ok to have an opinion, but some people just 'go with the flow'. Suddenly it became 'nice' to hate someone, and to me, this is meant to be fun. I do not need to spend my time reading to trolls online, or about all the conspiracy theories on how this or that team/driver is a cheater. Suddenly you did not need points to win an argument, because it was easier to just scare people away and pretend you are right. Now it feels like you NEED to hate someone or you know nothing about F1.

- The complaining and moaning about how it is ruined. We all know it is not the same, but right now people are complaining about every single change that happens. They want more than us to fix it, because rates and attendance are dropping and they are losing money. Maybe they do not know exactly how to fix it or improve it just yet, but they are aware of the problem.

I believe that, sometimes, when people are unhappy about a situation - and I mean anything in life, work, family, whatever - they join this strange vicious circle of moaning, where you complain, then someone else does too and adds something else to it, and when you realise you are complaining of some small things that are not even important to you. It becomes a negative environment, and it makes you mentally tired and unwelcoming to anything that is brought up. It certainly made me discuss F1 less.

- TV coverage. I hate how they want to make us buy a special channel to watch F1, but to be honest, that will just bite them back. Does anyone really think all these people will buy Sky for F1? Either they will stop watching it or they'll watch online, and they'll have to come up with something else. Yes, we are the losers on this one, but there is nothing we can do about it, unless not taking part on this (or moving country lol). For me this is one of the most annoying things happening right now, if not the most.

I know some people are not happy with Mercedes winning. I am not, but I know it's always been so. We had Ferrari being dominant, then Red Bull, then... there will always be something coming up and it'll have an advantage. It's either that, or you have a series where everyone drives the same car, but we all know that will neither be the F1 we miss, nor be interesting for the teams that exist right now. That would be a goodbye to what we know and a start of something new which is not F1. It would not fix anything, just replace it with something else.

Things have changed. The F1 I remember from when I was small doesn't exist anymore, and it's not safe for the drivers. We'd never allow a race to go on under heavy rain like we would 10 years ago. Yes, it looked exciting, but we all know what unfortunately happened to Bianchi. I miss the excitement of refuelling, and different weight strategies, but it is also not safe. A lot of modifications were made to the rules to make sure these guys go back home in the end of the day and maybe it did make things a little bit more boring, but how can you judge precaution?

Sorry, it got too long lol

Spent too much time away, too many thoughts...

I am not entirely sure we can save it as it is never gonna go back to what it was before. We can change it but it'll never be the same...

This is called evolution, and it is at the core of human experience. I am in agreement with your point. When one is talking about "saving" F1, I am however not sure what it means. Saving from whom, or what, and ensuring it survives, but as what? I fear that onus for the product definition and correct quality is on the brand ownership. Whether they are performing well is judged on one scale, namely, how much money CVC makes. I think, sadly, fans do not matter anymore. One fan, or one million fans, all the same. As long as TV money, and race track fees flowing in, it matters little to them if trackside stands are full, or empty.

- The fans got very annoying and aggressive. I remember when everybody hated Michael, and everybody hated Lewis, and then Vettel and I think it's ok to have an opinion, but some people just 'go with the flow'. Suddenly it became 'nice' to hate someone, and to me, this is meant to be fun. I do not need to spend my time reading to trolls online, or about all the conspiracy theories on how this or that team/driver is a cheater. Suddenly you did not need points to win an argument, because it was easier to just scare people away and pretend you are right. Now it feels like you NEED to hate someone or you know nothing about F1.

Good observation. This one, a small forum I think is an exception, but I've been on a large forum for about 10 years and seen exactly what you have described. Fans of Michael Schumacher were silenced by so much hatred, they slowly all but a few left, and moderators were pretending this was all fine and fair. One British lawyer labeled often Schumacher openly as a criminal and got away with it, yet fans are supposed to just soaked and take it. (This was on basis of FiA's decisions).

The same with Vettel. Even today, this very afternoon on one site they labeled him as Nazi, petulant child, who constantly whines, etc. With me too, it is slowly also getting into the situation when I am more and more thinking whether it is worth my time. I like to chat about a race, but it is becoming increasingly difficult.

Ask for? ...maybe Ferrari on top... just brainstorming, nothing much more than that.

This post explains a lot, I get it now lol.