Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

To Save F1, What Needs To Be Done ?

20 minutes ago, radical-one said:

And then Kidnap Bernie in Brazil with a $3 billion ransom so nobody bails him out.

Well, they could try. Maybe his wife would put up ransom money just to ensure, they keep him for good.

We have had rule changes every single season since 98.

On 5 April 2016 at 4:36 PM, radical-one said:

We all know that there's no short cut to save Formula 1 from it's current turmoil but in your opinion, what are the steps to be be done in order
to save it from total failure ?

Wise man once said, desire creates future, but greed kills it. Your top 20% of problems right there. Find cure, resolve, and rest will vanish into insignificance.

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

Wise man once said, desire creates future, but greed kills it. Your top 20% of problems right there. Find cure, resolve, and rest will vanish into insignificance.

What?

Law of sparsity; 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes (Pareto). Applied to the F1, overwhelming percentage of causes is created by monetary greed imo. Without it, bulk of the other issues would evaporate. Those other issues from my perspective being regulatory imposition of excessive restrictiveness on testing, development, just as hiring best drivers available, and quite a few other issues, with the one most sticking up for me is desire to induce randomness into performance for sake of shaking up grid. One could try to argue that best will often come on the top, but it is not always, as it should be. I should have added event gate entry fees. 

My memory is failing me on this, but F1 - so I think - copied effect a pace car has in US style racing. After all, we have that only for past couple of decades. VSC, if executed properly, has better safety potential, because it is immediate and in addition in theory it should preserve gaps cars had just prior caution. Race control should have an overriding button to press, not relaying on driver's compliance.

The highly expected 2017 F1 car with all it's changes and glory should live up to it's expectations or F1 will KAPUT by the end of 2017....

THIS !

Ross Brawn has already signed a contract to become F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone’s successor.

That is the claim this week of Auto Bild Motorsport, in the wake of reports confirming that the former Ferrari and Mercedes chief is interested in returning to the spor

Read more at http://www.thisisf1.com/2016/11/01/brawn-signs-contract-to-replace-ecclestone/#6zPoBjV31fEMXw3i.99

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

THIS !

Ross Brawn has already signed a contract to become F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone’s successor.

That is the claim this week of Auto Bild Motorsport, in the wake of reports confirming that the former Ferrari and Mercedes chief is interested in returning to the spor

Read more at http://www.thisisf1.com/2016/11/01/brawn-signs-contract-to-replace-ecclestone/#6zPoBjV31fEMXw3i.99

This site is known to get ahead of themselves from time to time, so we have to be careful about signatures and claims that all is done and dandy. If this however comes to fruition, I do suspect that a pole position which BE is holding is going to be in the future split into several areas of responsibilities, of which Ross might be focusing on FiA and Teams, whereas commerce and promotions would be dealt with by someone else, because Ross might not be qualified for that as much as other professionals might. As a fan I would be quite content with him running the technical side of the sport. He has my vote.   

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

This site is known to get ahead of themselves from time to time, so we have to be careful about signatures and claims that all is done and dandy. If this however comes to fruition, I do suspect that a pole position which BE is holding is going to be in the future split into several areas of responsibilities, of which Ross might be focusing on FiA and Teams, whereas commerce and promotions would be dealt with by someone else, because Ross might not be qualified for that as much as other professionals might. As a fan I would be quite content with him running the technical side of the sport. He has my vote.   

He can still do a lot better job than his predecessor. At the minimum, he can bring in fresh ideas and new direction to the sport. Money will come pouring in if F1 is in shape. You can be successful commercially if your technical side isn't working well.

4 minutes ago, radical-one said:

He can still do a lot better job than his predecessor. At the minimum, he can bring in fresh ideas and new direction to the sport. Money will come pouring in if F1 is in shape. You can be successful commercially if your technical side isn't working well.

On this we point are in full agreement then. 

7 hours ago, radical-one said:

It would be fantastic if brawn returned. Formula one would evolve back into a proper racing series.

3 hours ago, Emmcee said:

It would be fantastic if brawn returned. Formula one would evolve back into a proper racing series.

i already have the feeling of relief 

54 minutes ago, radical-one said:

i already have the feeling of relief 

I do to but I think it's because not much more can really happen to make it in a more sorry state than it is now compared to 10/20 years ago. If brawn did come to take over I firmly believe he would bring it back towards more of a drivers world chanpionship.

3 hours ago, Emmcee said:

I do to but I think it's because not much more can really happen to make it in a more sorry state than it is now compared to 10/20 years ago. If brawn did come to take over I firmly believe he would bring it back towards more of a drivers world chanpionship.

That's what I am hoping for to happen. Well, I think F1 is bottomed right now. Nothing can make it worst than it is. I'm confident Brawn has enough trick on his sleeves to do a better job.

Defiantly and I honestly think they sport would richly benefit from his overall approach. I believe he could make a massive difference in all aspects of the car and overall race plans. IMO I just can't see if he was offered the job why he wouldn't take it. Surely he would know how much better job he could do.

I can't stop thinking of the possibilities.

Well, maybe...

Auto Build is not considered as a most credible source for such news, but sometimes they get it right. What bothers me slightly, and that could be from lack of clarity, how much influence actually FOM has, or should have over technical side. In theory very little, but from time to time I get feeling there was more to it behind the scenes than just "very little". I still think Ross should run it for FiA with full authority of a regulator.

Ross responded.

15 hours ago, Sakae said:

Well, maybe...

Auto Build is not considered as a most credible source for such news, but sometimes they get it right. What bothers me slightly, and that could be from lack of clarity, how much influence actually FOM has, or should have over technical side. In theory very little, but from time to time I get feeling there was more to it behind the scenes than just "very little". I still think Ross should run it for FiA with full authority of a regulator.

Ross responded.

I've received support for my opinion from unexpected quarters.  Is Mr. BE reading my rumblings?

I really really hope this isn't them just p**sing in our pockets.