Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Italy Race No. 14

It seems that this is last race at Monza; at least for foreseable future. Replacement for Monza are potentially races either at Imola, or Mugello.

Reasons - unable to pay demanded fee.

No one here will agree with me, but Mugello is infinitely better than Monza, and Imola is a bit better, too.

Monza has always been my least favorite track on the calendar. I just don't understand it. You may as well run an oval for my money...

An oval, bah, it has flavour that circuit and not to mention its historical. It's doesn't matter if it's mugello or imola, isn't it still the same Italian goverent that has to give the green light on the funds anyway? Sounds like someone looking for a story.

More serious IMHO are disturbing patterns, such as erosion of traditional clientele base, and discarding historical grounds in favor of new ones. We have lost France, will lose probably Germany, Belgium is on the block, and now Italy.

We may lose Suzuka as well.

Europe is dead, declared the Englishman. Thanks buddy for the expert like assertion, and little bit of your wishful thinking, but I am still kicking.

No one here will agree with me, but Mugello is infinitely better than Monza, and Imola is a bit better, too.

Monza has always been my least favorite track on the calendar. I just don't understand it. You may as well run an oval for my money...

Are you serious bud, the worst track to overtake besides Monaco, the two circuits that I utterlay disdain!

I just don't get this, I don't understand if ACI/CSAI don't have the money to run the GP at Monza, how can they find the money to run it at Imola or Mugello? Is anyone suggesting that Ferrari/FCA will pay part of the fees if the race is held at Mugello?

BTW, I think that all 3 are fantastic venues, Monza is very demanding with some bits that sort the boys from the men (braking into Roggia, 2nd of Lesmo, Ascari chinace and Parabolica), Mugello is the same (braking into San Donato, Casanova-Savelli, Arrabiata 1 and 2 and Correntaio are among my favourites) and Imola is a very very demanding old-style track with some fantastic bits (Piratella which IMHO is one of the most difficult turns there is, the new exit of Acque Minerali, and the stretch going downhill from Variante Alta to Rivazza, with the braking area of Rivazza that IMHO is the most difficult that I've witnessed). They should hold a race in each one of these circuits, it would be great

http://tickets.monza.../en/4661-monza/

Look at these ticket prices. How many ordinary Joes can afford those, yet it is still not enough for money grabbing people at the top.

I went to Budapest in 2014 for my first gp.. much much cheaper than the British GP and was a fantastic race. I'm considering Monza this year because it's again, miles cheaper than most others. And still, grossly over priced for seeing the cars flash by once every minute and a half. Doesn't say much for venues charging 2-3x the amount monza is

http://tickets.monza.../en/4661-monza/

Look at these ticket prices. How many ordinary Joes can afford those, yet it is still not enough for money grabbing people at the top.

You got bernie to thank for that, he isn't intresting in attracting new fans, he believes everyone will live forever and the current fans are fans for life as his attitude was " younger people can't afford tickets anyway so why appeal to them" or something along the lines of that. Anyway, what he is trying to do, is make it a rich mans sport more so than it already was and therefore only big names of global corporations and such will only be able to afford to invest or own or run a team. That's his goal, anyone else is a worthless peasant.

I am slightly confused with this crowd. One day I am reading something of a "Monza forever", next day "Monza maybe" and it might be taken off the calendar, then - "who needs Italy", we live without France without problems, and we can live without Italy.

Courtesy and respectful behavior obviously were never his strong suit, but I would be darn if I guess what will happen with the land of wine, olives, and good espresso. My opinion - Italy should offer what they want to pay, and if it is not accepted, let him go to Mongolia if he wants to.

I am slightly confused with this crowd. One day I am reading something of a "Monza forever", next day "Monza maybe" and it might be taken off the calendar, then - "who needs Italy", we live without France without problems, and we can live without Italy.

Courtesy and respectful behavior obviously were never his strong suit, but I would be darn if I guess what will happen with the land of wine, olives, and good espresso. My opinion - Italy should offer what they want to pay, and if it is not accepted, let him go to Mongolia if he wants to.

Shows you how greed has affected him. He doesn't even care about the history of the sport he is stealing the money from anyway.

Shows you how greed has affected him. He doesn't even care about the history of the sport he is stealing the money from anyway.

the problem is that he doesn't even care about other F1 stakeholders, which is even worse... with all due respect, F1 has its fan base in a limited number of countries, and more often than not said countries are ones with rather strong GDP per person so what he's basically saying is that he wants to take away a race from a place where there are a lot of (paying) spectators and where manufacturers and sponsors are willing to promote their products to move the whole thing to a place where no one cares about F1 and very few have the means to buy what F1 is promoting... small wonder manufacturers and sponsors are so p...ed off