Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Alfa Romeo

It's good that they're helping out them but couldn't help out Red Bull with an engin. What will happen if Alfa Romeo gets bigger and Ferrari hits a sticky patch will they abandon them?

Idk, Iam sure there would be something that would have to be contributed due contracts signed.

http://www.grandprix...-in-alfa-romeo/

Yeah, right. RBR was already once refused on the engine parity because of their superior chassis, and they hope to get Alfa and beat Ferrari with it? I don't think so. Why would Ferrari work against their interest? Buy TR or Sauber, rename it and get going.

I'm a little confused, isn't Ferrari a more prestige name than Alfa? I know Alfa's have a racing pedigree and so forth, but they are hardly a big player in the consumer car industry I would have thought.

I never liked them, there modern cars are hidious. The old classic ones are beautiful though.

It's all about reigniting former fame. Alfa Romeo is a 100 years old name, older than Ferrari, I forgot a number of victories they achieved but they are many. In many respects, it is more famous marquee than Ferrari is. They were already racing when in London were still driving horse carriage.

It makes sense if they want to go brand their engine for another team, but to have a whole team called Alfa doesn't to me, unless they genuinely want a B team. Better to go with FIAT I think, but that all means less focus on Ferrari, so I can't see it honestly as making any sense.

Could be that Alfa Romeo needs global brand recognition platform. My (former) colleague in Napoli drove only Alfa Romeo cars.

yep I remember driving a 1500 twin overhead cam Alfa around Lakeside .... way back......... sure was the pic of the crop in those days

An American perspective: any rumor involving Alfa Romeo makes me cackle. We've been told Alfas were coming to the U. S. every year since 2009. I think they'll be here this year with the 4C and Giulia, but then again, I may be a buffoon to believe that.

And then we were told every year from 2011 that Alfa Romeo was going to badge an engine in the IndyCar Series to coincide with its return to the U. S. Yeah. Nope.

So, while Alfa Romeo rumors are probably totally credible elsewhere in the world, my narrow-minded perspective is that "Alfa Romeo" is a clear warning a rumor is false. :lol:

The only person who is talking about AR is one SM. Whether he will do it, I am not sure, but it would be nice to have them.