Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

What Might Have Been.

Same here, no brainer that one. I beleive Mika put the good word in for kimi aswell.

I lost a lot of respect over Herbert and those comments, yeah alonso shouldn't have retaliated but to say alonso should retire and has no motivation, coming from a driver who overstayed in f1 for many years, bit harsh. Not only that, jumping to conclusions thinking he knows everything, he would die to swap stats and resumes with alonso.

I am probably then the only one who thinks that Alonso got out of this incident rather lightly, despite the fact, that he also got a new lease on life. Stewards let him off, media let him off, and fans let him off. I've never been too fond of Herbert ever since he partner Schumacher, but what he stated that this incident implies is not all totally wrong, IMHO. Alonso was out of line with his childish, unprofessional response.

Alonso was out of line with his response. If he was winning races, he'd probably have cracked a joke and been all light hearted. The fact he went all ragey on Herbert means things are tought at McLaren and he's most definately not loving life at present.

Yeah I see your points and your probably correct but I feel it was abit hypercritical of Herbert to say such things as I mentioned before, he stayed on well by his used by date and is probably jealous that after such a long time, alonso still has a drive atleast as to where Herbert was forced to retire otherwise he would've stayed on for another season. That's my view on it anyway, shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and that only applies if your correct. Alonso wouldn't be so ticked off if it was true, with his apparent lack of motivation like Herbert said, I don't think alonso would've cared if he had no motivation. Common sense really, I know if I was unmotivated, I wouldn't care, certainly wouldn't go out of my way to get my point across anyway, I would be like "meh,can't be stuffed". That's my opinion anyway.

In 2014 for good 1y+ there has been said by British media about Vettel -- by then 4x WDC -- which were really two wicks lower than derogatory, yet I haven't seen him blew his top like this guy.

Vettel has been a class act. Even when the Brit press was hammering him, and especially the boo boy brigade. So glad he's not enduring that BS anymore.

WebRic, I don't get the feeling Herbert is sore or jealous about anything. He's been out of F1 for a decade, what's he sore about? Alonso was unprofessional in his remark. Herbert is a commentator and ALL the commentators voice their oppinions. That's their job and what they get paid to do.

In 2014 for good 1y+ there has been said by British media about Vettel -- by then 4x WDC -- which were really two wicks lower than derogatory, yet I haven't seen him blew his top like this guy.

He's been around a lot longer and put up with a lot of stupid comments and stories so sebs "crack" my yet come.

Vettel has been a class act. Even when the Brit press was hammering him, and especially the boo boy brigade. So glad he's not enduring that BS anymore.

WebRic, I don't get the feeling Herbert is sore or jealous about anything. He's been out of F1 for a decade, what's he sore about? Alonso was unprofessional in his remark. Herbert is a commentator and ALL the commentators voice their oppinions. That's their job and what they get paid to do.

Yeah fair enough. You are right in a sense but I still think it was out of line to begin with.