Kati

Is Anyone Else Still Here?

29 posts in this topic

Hi,

most of you probably won't know me. I haven't been here in a while, let's say about 6 years! (O_O) So, what I was wondering is, is there anyone else here who still posts in the forum after all this while or is everyone new?

I always come to the home page to check what is happening, but with time and busy life, I suppose a lot of us just stopped coming to the forums. It seems to be the same everywhere else; forums just got replaced with other types of social media, which I am probably too old to understand despite not even being 30 yet - Seriously, what is Snapchat? And Periscope?! *jk*

A few of us also probably lost some interest in Formula One with all the changes and bs that has been going on. We 'grew out of it'? Maybe. Maybe we just have other interests now, or a family, or a busy job. But sometimes I wonder what happened to you guys, if you are doing fine or what. I am still friends with some of you on Facebook (despite not catching up as much as I should, which I apologise for, but what is Facebook other than a collection of 'faces' that we do not really remember to talk to unless it reminds us of their birthdays or achievements on our timeline?). I did meet a couple of you guys personally, which was cool as well.

Anyway, If anyone is still around, let me know. If anyone can find time to post as well, even if not as much as before, I might give it a try as well.

Thanks, P :)

Nice to see an old username here. A few check in sporadically, though I guess it's also good this forum can sustain itself without them.

This wasn't my account in those days, but I was there—I know what your signature "P" stands for, so there's my evidence.

If any of the former users still lurk, I'd love to hear from them in this thread. What's everyone been up to?

When I joined this forum, I was 13. I lied and said I was 23 because I figured no one would take a 13-year-old seriously (and then I made up an entire personal life to try to be friends with people on here, and that fell apart disastrously...oops...). What's kind of disturbing to think about is that I am now older than the 23 I was claiming to be then. I've been here that long.

What's ironic is that my posts were probably more well-thought-out and way more readable when I was 13. Now, as someone working on his third academic degree, I've lost all ability to write posts that aren't paragraph after paragraph after paragraph. And I've lost all humor. :lol:

Also bizarre to be the forum's moderator when I have been suspended from this forum no fewer than three times. :) (And am permanently banned from nearly every motorsports forum on the entire Internet).

Although I've never met anyone from this forum in person, "SuperKimi," who wasn't here long but certainly made an impact :lol:, became one of my closest friends. I also met some Internet friends from other racing websites at the Indy 500 and a NASCAR race a few years ago, and that was great. Turns out the people online are just as wonderful in person. I'd also say that the late Bruce was one of the first people to put me in my place, and that stuck with me. And I loved the perspectives about all sorts of non-racing things on the blogs.

I'd also love to tell LabradoRacer (Jay) that I don't eat meat anymore! He used to bug me about it all the time on the MSN chats we used to have with forum members. Would always tell me to stop killing animals. Well, I did two years ago. :)

I did see recently that former user AutoRacer5 is now the Editor of an IndyCar website. Recognized his name on there.

Anyway, there was a lot of fun here. Some running jokes about 2008-spec rear wings, BATracer, KFC...the time everyone had ykickamoocow's avatar...etc. Thanks for letting me rewind and remember that for a little while.

Hi,

most of you probably won't know me. I haven't been here in a while, let's say about 6 years! (O_O) So, what I was wondering is, is there anyone else here who still posts in the forum after all this while or is everyone new?

I always come to the home page to check what is happening, but with time and busy life, I suppose a lot of us just stopped coming to the forums. It seems to be the same everywhere else; forums just got replaced with other types of social media, which I am probably too old to understand despite not even being 30 yet - Seriously, what is Snapchat? And Periscope?! *jk*

A few of us also probably lost some interest in Formula One with all the changes and bs that has been going on. We 'grew out of it'? Maybe. Maybe we just have other interests now, or a family, or a busy job. But sometimes I wonder what happened to you guys, if you are doing fine or what. I am still friends with some of you on Facebook (despite not catching up as much as I should, which I apologise for, but what is Facebook other than a collection of 'faces' that we do not really remember to talk to unless it reminds us of their birthdays or achievements on our timeline?). I did meet a couple of you guys personally, which was cool as well.

Anyway, If anyone is still around, let me know. If anyone can find time to post as well, even if not as much as before, I might give it a try as well.

Thanks, P smile.png

Hi beautiful Kati, yes, I'm still here. Good to see you back

So just 3 of us :/

Oh well, rather think the others are just out there having a great time instead!

I left about the time everybody started changing their usernames to "amusing" alternatives. Made it completely impossible to carry on a conversation.

By the way, why the eff is my reputation "Poor" in my profile? How do I even have a reputation? I last posted about seven years ago....

On 10 April 2016 at 7:40 PM, Kati said:

Hi,

HI Kati

On 10 April 2016 at 11:52 PM, Massa said:

Nice to see an old username here. A few check in sporadically, though I guess it's also good this forum can sustain itself without them.

This wasn't my account in those days, but I was there—I know what your signature "P" stands for, so there's my evidence.

If any of the former users still lurk, I'd love to hear from them in this thread. What's everyone been up to?

When I joined this forum, I was 13. I lied and said I was 23 because I figured no one would take a 13-year-old seriously (and then I made up an entire personal life to try to be friends with people on here, and that fell apart disastrously...oops...). What's kind of disturbing to think about is that I am now older than the 23 I was claiming to be then. I've been here that long.

What's ironic is that my posts were probably more well-thought-out and way more readable when I was 13. Now, as someone working on his third academic degree, I've lost all ability to write posts that aren't paragraph after paragraph after paragraph. And I've lost all humor. :lol:

Also bizarre to be the forum's moderator when I have been suspended from this forum no fewer than three times. :) (And am permanently banned from nearly every motorsports forum on the entire Internet).

Although I've never met anyone from this forum in person, "SuperKimi," who wasn't here long but certainly made an impact :lol:, became one of my closest friends. I also met some Internet friends from other racing websites at the Indy 500 and a NASCAR race a few years ago, and that was great. Turns out the people online are just as wonderful in person. I'd also say that the late Bruce was one of the first people to put me in my place, and that stuck with me. And I loved the perspectives about all sorts of non-racing things on the blogs.

I'd also love to tell LabradoRacer (Jay) that I don't eat meat anymore! He used to bug me about it all the time on the MSN chats we used to have with forum members. Would always tell me to stop killing animals. Well, I did two years ago. :)

I did see recently that former user AutoRacer5 is now the Editor of an IndyCar website. Recognized his name on there.

Anyway, there was a lot of fun here. Some running jokes about 2008-spec rear wings, BATracer, KFC...the time everyone had ykickamoocow's avatar...etc. Thanks for letting me rewind and remember that for a little while.

You're banned :)

On 11 April 2016 at 0:52 AM, Massa said:

That makes two of us. There is one "famous" forum which has declared me one of most undesirables, and from the tone, it has to certainly on the planet. (I shall spare you of details, even if they actually used not so many words). My advice to all good people who do care to listen, do not take such concepts as "free speech" too literally. Those who are saying it, they do not necessarily mean it.  :P

On 21/6/2016 at 1:50 PM, Oli said:

I left about the time everybody started changing their usernames to "amusing" alternatives. Made it completely impossible to carry on a conversation.

A one of the wise ones found his way back. A welcome return indeed!

Think I started posting on here (when it was 'totalf1') back in 2004, 12 years man and boy! I've taken occasional long hiatuses but you'll never completely get rid of me......and I challenge anyone to have a higher post count than me lol

Oh, but I've been around since 2006 and closing in on you!

Good old times...

On 4/10/2016 at 6:52 PM, Massa said:

Haha I remember that 2008 spec rear wing thing(or was it the 2007 spec wing?). My favorite is the analorgy one. Still pops into my head anytime someone uses the word analogy.

12 hours ago, Quiet One said:

Oh, but I've been around since 2006 and closing in on you!

Good old times...

With over 11k posts your username is now ironic!

On 4/10/2016 at 7:40 PM, Kati said:

Hi,

Still here Kati - deleting spam. Nice to see your moniker on the board.

Coming back from the Tomb... 

Hehe... how is everybody?

I everyday enter gptoday to know about the races but forgot to enter the forums... the time has gone fast isnt it?

I have married again, change my city and work at last with the F1 organization in México every year since the F1 came back

Now that the F1 gossip is fastest (and louder) than the F1 cars I came back to see how is the forum going... I still have my TotalF1 cup!

Greetings!

22001749054_087715e0c3_b.jpg