Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Should Lewis Hamilton Start To Worry ?

I personally think that Rosberg should start to worry, and that is not because he can't deliver but because the double standards that marked the 2014-2015 seasons at Mercedes are back in full swing. Had he pushed Hamilton off the track last Sunday I don't think that Toto would have been so quiet.

I personally think that Ferrari was better at handling these situations, everyone knew that Barrichello was not supposed to challenge MS, that was open and transparent whereas Toto wants us to believe that Rosberg has an equal chance while we all know that this is not the case

When Vettel jerked his car away from Kvyat and contacted Raikonnen's car in early race, press had heyday with that incident, Vettel had a lot of mud thrown his way, and Kvyat was crowned as a driver of the race. I do not see the same reaction by the same media after Canada. There is a double standard, but who is bothered by it?

Rosberg, according to Lauda, is ready to resign with Mercedes for another term. Interesting remark about a roadblock that has to be removed before negotiations are concluded, aren't money, said Lauda. We can only guess what it is, thus perhaps if English media do not care about abuses Rosberg is subjected to for benefit of Hamilton, then Rosberg and his advisors might be. I think he is asking for guarantees of balanced treatment. Whether he gets it will depends what kind of safeguards are written into his contract. I am however pessimist that it will work, because in this environment it is difficult to prove injustice.

He should stall until Ferrari can give him their decision what they are planning for next year.

Good post the both of you, Sakae Vettel got crap because he overreacted big time, like I mentioned before, if a driver makes a move on you and your forced to adjust your line or steering inputs WITHOUT making contact as that's the key in this situation, then to bad that's just racing, if you happen to turn into your teammate, double tough luck. I do agree though as Mercedes will back Hamilton over rosberg simply because he is a proven winner before, nico has to force them to back him by giving Lewis no opportunity to beat him on track, it's the only way.

If Hamilton is a better racing driver than Rosberg, let him to prove it. In theory, he has nothing to fear then. I am hearing this mantra of his talent for years, and I am not going to waste cyber ink on repeating known facts, but it is strange, I think, that no one is bothered how weak all of his three WDC were accomplished. Such talent, but he needs all help he can get. In media, from management, from engineering office, and until now, also from his only opponent - his teammate.

BTW, I would debate, but will not since I am tired of it, whether the incident with Kvyat, and its outcome, was all Vettel's fault only.

If Hamilton is a better racing driver than Rosberg, let him to prove it. In theory, he has nothing to fear then. I am hearing this mantra of his talent for years, and I am not going to waste cyber ink on repeating known facts, but it is strange, I think, that now one is bothered how weak all of his three WDC were accomplished. Such talent, but he needs all help he can get. In media, from management, from engineering office, and until now, also from his only opponent - his teammate.

BTW, I would debate, but will not since I am tired of it, whether the incident with Kvyat, and its outcome, was all Vettel's fault only.

Yeah I agree, even his first title was won by some Help from glock as he couldn't beat Felipe who did everything right that weekend, pole,fastest lap and win and Lewis could only beat him with some help in the dying moments. He is a good driver but his emotional state puts him in positions that don't favour him, he needs it all to be in place and then he will dominate, if he has to fight the car at all along the way, he's toast. As for Vettel Kvyat incident, yes we have been there before and Iam glad you finally see it as vettels fault, although he couldn't really do much but technically it's his fault, there's so many ifs and buts and that's why it was classed a racing incident IMO.

Yeah I agree, even his first title was won by some Help from glock as he couldn't beat Felipe who did everything right that weekend, pole,fastest lap and win and Lewis could only beat him with some help in the dying moments. He is a good driver but his emotional state puts him in positions that don't favour him, he needs it all to be in place and then he will dominate, if he has to fight the car at all along the way, he's toast. As for Vettel Kvyat incident, yes we have been there before and Iam glad you finally see it as vettels fault, although he couldn't really do much but technically it's his fault, there's so many ifs and buts and that's why it was classed a racing incident IMO.

Correction is required, because you got me wrong. I am not convinced at all that Kvyat case was anything more than a racing incident. Faulting Vettel for the contact is debatable when trajectories and path development of all three cars are a subject of decent analysis, so much I've suggested.

You can't fault a driver for making a passing move without making any contact. What ever happened after he passed Vettel is no longer his fault, in all honesty, Vettel should've been paying more attention, he was upset because he was caught out, if he made contact with Vettel and then Vettel hit kimi, that would change everything, but he didn't. It's the same when some drivers are under attack and turn into a corner only to have to turn out and then back in again because another car is there, we have seen it on onboard cameras before and nothing said of the car have to change its line and steering inputs because of the position of the rival car, but put someone on the outside and it changes everything, Now that I look back at the footage. I don't even really think Kvyat came in that much faster anyway, he just caught out Vettel and if the roles were reversed I would bet a million bucks Vettel would attempt the same manoeuvre

Whoa so much hate for one person. Am I the only one who feels that lewis is a great driver in this forum except lewy04 ? I thought this forum acknowledges true talent. Guess not.

But that doesn't mean I don't understand that he is a cry baby and all those things he do wen he loses. Never the less he is one of the great driver in his time.

And coming back to the post, rosberg is the one who has to worry Mercedes is always going to back lewis in crisis sitiations because he has failed to prove himself as a better driver.

I think Lewis is a phenomenal driver but just to emotionally affected. Like I mentioned, everything has to be lined up for him to totally dominate. If he has to fight the car in anyway, he becomes his own worst enemy.

Got to feel for rosberg but, flawless in the first four races and it only takes Lewis two to claw right back, IF Mercedes let them race which they won't because they've had to many incidents involving the pair already, it would most defiantly end in tears and someone else stealing a win. The question I ask now is how can Mercedes control the pair without making it look like a setup or team orders? Because it's going to pi$$ one of them of isn't?

I think Lewis is a phenomenal driver but just to emotionally affected. Like I mentioned, everything has to be lined up for him to totally dominate. If he has to fight the car in anyway, he becomes his own worst enemy.

Got to feel for rosberg but, flawless in the first four races and it only takes Lewis two to claw right back, IF Mercedes let them race which they won't because they've had to many incidents involving the pair already, it would most defiantly end in tears and someone else stealing a win. The question I ask now is how can Mercedes control the pair without making it look like a setup or team orders? Because it's going to pi$$ one of them of isn't?

Nico shouldn't have let him pass in Monaco. A big mistake that he may regret towards the end of the season if Lewis wins by a small margin !

He had no choice its in his contract, the contract States if one of the two drivers is quicker and there race pace affected by the slower car, he must let the other car through. Well I know nico has this clause but I bet Lewis doesn't.

He had no choice its in his contract, the contract States if one of the two drivers is quicker and there race pace affected by the slower car, he must let the other car through. Well I know nico has this clause but I bet Lewis doesn't.

Exactly, if it was the other way around, Lewis will NEVER let him pass. He even nudged Nico out the course in Canada. A classic punk.

The clause that a slower team-mate must move over for faster colleague, is not something I would like as a driver. First of all, if you are faster, my dear team-mate, than, if that's factual, it should be enough for overtaking on its own merit, and gifts are not required. Secondly, as long as the outside engineering can alter my car performance (decreasing on demand under whatever pretenses, such as equipment issue), than I would be concerned about manipulation of race outcome by my employers. Having said that, I am sure occasionally there will be special situation towards end of the season, when a car in contention should not be pointlessly held back. The thing is, this season is still undecided, so fight should be fair.

The clause that a slower team-mate must move over for faster colleague, is not something I would like as a driver. First of all, if you are faster, my dear team-mate, than, if that's factual, it should be enough for overtaking on its own merit, and gifts are not required. Secondly, as long as the outside engineering can alter my car performance (decreasing on demand under whatever pretenses, such as equipment issue), than I would be concerned about manipulation of race outcome by my employers. Having said that, I am sure occasionally there will be special situation towards end of the season, when a car in contention should not be pointlessly held back. The thing is, this season is still undecided, so fight should be fair.

Bang on, good post and I couldn't agree more.

Bang on, good post and I couldn't agree more.

In Bahrain race of 2014 Vettel moved over for DR in the first half of the race after Daniel complained about being slowed down.

And Vettel never has? He complained with webber in Malaysia and even cried on the radio saying webber could've killed him to try justify going against a direct team instruction. Besides dan didn't complain in monza that year did he? Nope absolutely humiliated Vettel going into the second chicane. So if it's a clean overtake you want, watch this.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x269jc5_ricciardo-overtakes-vettel-in-monza_auto

after FP3 - Lewis Hamilton urges his fellow Formula 1 drivers to stop 'moaning'

after Qualy - nya nya nya nya nya  !! F@ck you Lewis !! Good for you !! 

Something is going on with Hamilton, He seems either isolated, or he is not with the group on his own volition, that's impression I have. He folds his arms on the podium (no hugging, please), hardly smiles, and looks bored. Then his recent pronouncements; simulators are not better than play stations, track walk - it's waste of time, I do not need it, drivers moan too much (Button and forgot the other name), etc. He seems constantly irritated. I wonder how that will effect his driving, if at all. He has two wins this year with that car (should I say only), and both events were somewhat wobbly.

I laughed when he sayes drivers moan to much, obviously he is including himself in this statement.

Lewis is still a tosser!

Sakae, if you watch some of the pre race interviews where the drivers are all sitting on an open bed truck being driven around the track waving to the fans... I can't remember the race now, but you see some of the drivers chatting with each other like Vettel and Kimi... and there's Lewis always by himself. Maybe we're all just fools and the world doesn't get the one and only legendary greatest of all time Lewis Hamilton. I suspect he has for some reason or another got a giant boulder of a chip on his shoulder. Maybe it's still girl problems. Nicole is long gone and good for her. But he's a mess. And I've seen nothing to change my view. Hitting the clubs and flying all around the world just in one week alone shows how unsettled he is. He isn't Linday Lohan or Paris Hilton, he's a supposed respect sportsman. He's only gotten this far because he's British. By that I mean, not his results, but his off track antics. The Brit press simply will not tear down one of their own. But are more than happy to state Kimi will be replaced each and every week for the past several years, or that RBR are cheaters, or that Marko is a dictator, or that Vettel is a phony champion.

Once again go Nico. But I really hope Vettel does another quick start and gets the lead.