Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Russia - Race No. 4

Kvyat is now blaming Vettel for the incident. Vettel said that after first hit he lifted off because he didn't know scope and severity of the damage, but Kvyat is now saying that lifting off actually contributed to him hitting Vettel second time.

I have to stop and hold my comments because otherwise I could be banned from here, should I state clearly what I think of it.

Yeah but I also feel Seb needs to start toning it down abit, the way he flies off, has he forgotten he made some pretty stupid mistakes in his early days aswell,

The years without a title are starting to get to him... It's called frustration

Fukc me haha you really really REALLY need to chill out on your hamilton hate. any ANY opportunity you find you rant about it, even today DESPITE starting tenth after another engine problem, DESPITE fighting back to second with ANOTHER developing problem, all you can do is b!tch about his attitude??

Sour grapes man give it a rest.

Yeah well when your and idiot and break laws and still have the attitude that you can do what you like, he is a bloody idiot, if he carried himself with more dignity and respect towards others, I wouldn't have an issue with him.

The years without a title are starting to get to him... It's called frustration

He just can't take dealing with a race weekend like a normal driver. Schumacher never lost the plot ohh until he was mealy killed by DC at spa but besides that, not really and he had to wait 5 years between titles, not three and be impatient already, I don't buy that sorry, I feel he is working as hard as possible but other situations are distroying it for him and because he has always had a fair go, this latest round of incidents have zapped him, but he will be back to fight a gain.

Well, entertaining first lap. Kvyat first hit was just a case of a young driver diving in way to deep at the start. His fault. The second one was a little more complex, because there was a clear speed difference around the corner between Kvyat and Vettel. The fault still primarily lies with Kvyat but you do take your chances when you are slower than the cars around you in the first couple of corners of the first lap. Vettel probably should have known to keep his speed up. The in-car camera from Kvyat shows a guy pushing like crazy, but even David Hobbs (U.S. TV) noted that Vettel was slow.

We shall see if there are any further penalties.

Kvyat is now blaming Vettel for the incident. Vettel said that after first hit he lifted off because he didn't know scope and severity of the damage, but Kvyat is now saying that lifting off actually contributed to him hitting Vettel second time.

I have to stop and hold my comments because otherwise I could be banned from here, should I state clearly what I think of it.

Watch the footage and you will see Perez's rear right tyre deflating before Vettel is hit a second time. At that point Vettel is on the outside fast approaching him ready to make a pass, and this is the cause if any of why he backed off a little. It was safety. I had to rewatch it to see it, but it's clear once you focus on Perez' car. This is no excuse for Kvyat. He is to blame 200% for both incidents. It's youth and arrogance that is his problem. But these new breed of "drivers", none of them apologise or even admit they made a mistake which is indicative of their stupidity. Admit it, apologise and move on. But RBR will sort him out and he will get replaced next year. His error also stuffed up Ricci's race. As when he punted Vettel the first time, this caused the Ferrari to side swipe into Riccis car.

I have to say that it is only these new drivers who are causing these incidents. We are not talking about Alonso, Button, or even GRO anymore. It's the new boys. Further proof they really do lack race craft, patience, and finese. Being fast is only one portion of the whole package.

I think kvyat was defiantly to blame for the incident by but the second one he couldn't do nothing about but in saying that, if he didn't cause the first one, there wouldn't have been a second one. Where is sakae reading that kvyat blames Vettel? He has already admitted to both accidents being his fault. I know Redbull wasn't to happy about it, Horner saying kvyat "screwed up our whole race"

Actaully for once I wasn't too happy with Horner, yes he said correctly that Kvyat stuffed their race and they got no points, but he only ever talked about the first corner incident involving Ricci and never addressed the second.

Kvyat has no awareness. Thus it is his fault whether Vettel had to slow for safety or not. He just went full bore whilst also being on the marbles.

We saw a few nice overtaking moves today. Hamilton on Kimi was one. Both drivers leaving room, no contact, all clean. Kvyat can't do this. Bottas can't do this. It takes years of learning to know when to push and when to back off. The problem is they don't know how to back off, to pick the right time to make a move.

RBR will promote Max now, I'm certain of it. It's rumoured he has to be promoted or he can goto another team anyway. They will not let him leave. And when it comes down to it, it's actually a rather simple decision. No matter how good driver B is, is Driver A better? In this sense Max is probably better than Kvyat, although he himself is immature, arrogant and lacking in patience. So not really a good comparison, but I think when they are acting normally, Max is most likely the quicker driver. Thus promote Max, and either let Kvyat have the STR or see ya later.

It's funny though because the toro Rosso boss rates kvyat as the fastest driver he has worked with, ahead of Vettel,Ricciardo and Verstappen so I don't know know what will happen but ricciardo needs to get out of redbull and sign a long term deal as it seems Redbull are never committed to that.

I think kvyat was defiantly to blame for the incident by but the second one he couldn't do nothing about but in saying that, if he didn't cause the first one, there wouldn't have been a second one. Where is sakae reading that kvyat blames Vettel? He has already admitted to both accidents being his fault. I know Redbull wasn't to happy about it, Horner saying kvyat "screwed up our whole race"

I really do not want to go over all of this again, but to address the question, my comment is a summary appraisal of reading various comments. Kvyat today may publicly admit to the mistake as many blame him, even apologize, but I am not sure that he accepted responsibility in his own mind, and who knows what was said behind the closed doors at RBR. At one point team actually said to DR, that Vettel was at fault.(That is DR commenting in one of the articles I read this morning). Back to Kvyat; he has asserted, that if Vettel did not slow down, race would have continued, instead seeing Ferrari ending up parked against the wall. I may agree; had he stayed clear all the way, race could have develop differently.

Vettel has actually admitted to lifting after the first hit (not using brakes, mind you), just lifting to assess from the c#ckpit the severity of damage. Question is, why Kvyat did not lift too, and synch his speed with Ferrari, to stay clear of him? Kvyat could complain that Vettel slowed him down, and we would be discussing that, but for now, wasn't it Kvyat's responsibility to modulate his driving to conditions on the track?

Assuming there is no more hidden damage to the car, about which we are yet to learn, it's over.

http://www.motorspor...tack-me-732633/

Kvyat explained that he locked his rear wheels under braking for Turn 2, which is why his car clattered into the back of Vettel’s Ferrari – which in turn hit Ricciardo’s car.

“I didn’t expect him to slow down so much, and I started to press the brake pedal but there was no pressure left because when you lock the rear wheels, it gets out of control,” said Kvyat.

“First contact came from that, second touch I was just behind and couldn’t see what was going on ahead. He just slowed down a lot and I didn’t have time to react."

Kvyat insists he will learn from his errors, and apologised to everyone concerned.

Read this, and tell me, where is Kvyat actually admitting to any errors on his part, of which he will learn..? All that I understand is that he blames locked wheels, and slow Vettel, whereas he was just there a passenger. Pretty weird confession.

How about diving into turns with excessive speed does not pay? You have done it before, and we know that.

motorsport.com

Seeing the configuration on the track from the top down, as DR asked, to where was Kvyat hoping to go?f1-russian-gp-2016-daniil-kvyat-red-bull-racing-rb12-crashes-into-sebastian-vettel-ferrari.jpg

Read this sakae.

http://m.gpupdate.ne...vettel-contact/

He even phoned Vettel to apologise.

Phony apologies do not count in my house. I've posted an interview with him, where Kvyat actually shifted blame from his out of control driving to his brakes, and Vettel lifting after he got hit. How is then Kvyat apologizing and believing at the same time he has to change? DR told him already he has to calm down after China, and it did not help, and I doubt that Seb believes him either on sincerity line.

How do you know there phoney? Gee whizz, better than not admitting fault at all like massa, give the bloke some credit.

Phony apologies do not count in my house. I've posted an interview with him, where Kvyat actually shifted blame from his out of control driving to his brakes, and Vettel lifting after he got hit. How is then Kvyat apologizing and believing at the same time he has to change? DR told him already he has to calm down after China, and it did not help, and I doubt that Seb believes him either on sincerity line.

At least he apologised, whether u think it was phony is up to you. But he did. Vettel also made some mistakes during his early years, they all do. I see championship material in Kvyat... I hope he's still on the grid next year

How do you know there phoney? Gee whizz, better than not admitting fault at all like massa, give the bloke some credit.

Based on his interview, and I've pointed out to this link now twice, he is not accepting responsibility, blaming Vettel's slow down, and his brakes. Maybe this is due to cultural differences, but in my neck of woods this is considered insincere, and therefore phony apology.

With respect to Vettel's past mistakes, he spoke about it, and added that it is possible that he might commit some mistakes in the future again, so Seb forgave Kvyat, and is moving on.

At least he apologized, whether u think it was phony is up to you. But he did. Vettel also made some mistakes during his early years, they all do. I see championship material in Kvyat... I hope he's still on the grid next year

Seb is done with him (for now), I am done with him (for now), so, let us move on. BTW, Seb admitted to his mistakes. Not too many other drivers have done the same. Hamilton could be the exception as I recall a couple of times he has been talking about it.

At least he apologised, whether u think it was phony is up to you. But he did. Vettel also made some mistakes during his early years, they all do. I see championship material in Kvyat... I hope he's still on the grid next year

Exactly, good post brad agree 100%

Seb is done with him (for now), I am done with him (for now), so, let us move on. BTW, Seb admitted to his mistakes. Not too many other drivers have done the same. Hamilton could be the exception as I recall a couple of times he has been talking about it.

admits to his mistakes yeah, when it involves other drivers, never his fault when it was with his teammate.

admits to his mistakes yeah, when it involves other drivers, never his fault when it was with his teammate.

Maybe there was a reason for that. I watch Seb for many years, and he is definitely a very honest guy, and if he says, or does something, there is a reason he believes in. On my own I am often troubled when faced with claims of Webber's innocence.

I am however lost what yesterday's incident has to do with ancient history? Kvyat will be called on the red carpet at home; why they would do that if they believe he is innocent?

Lol yeah like the turkey where he almost took webber out and says he is going home, the time he passed webber in the multi 21 incident then comes over radio pretending to basically cry saying webber was all over the road and he was scared. That will do it, he is pretty honest.