Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

The Many Words Of Mika Hakkinen

Well if kimi did stay he might have had more than one title, did you think about that? Lol.

Well if kimi did stay he might have had more than one title, did you think about that? Lol.

No after he left, he won at Ferrari. McLaren went into decline after that. They haven't won since. That was my point.

They might not have won but we're still competitive, any half decent driver could jump in a schumi car and do well but, it made the sun shine out of felipe's a$$ for a while didn't it?

He had the 08 one in the bag and you know that, just back foot shinanigans with Mclaren and Toyota let Hamilton pass glock. But I think that's why kimi went to Ferrari anyway as alonso already signed for Mclaren and so did Lewis, is that correct or Iam I missing something? Can't quite remember.

He had the 08 one in the bag and you know that, just back foot shinanigans with Mclaren and Toyota let Hamilton pass glock. But I think that's why kimi went to Ferrari anyway as alonso already signed for Mclaren and so did Lewis, is that correct or Iam I missing something? Can't quite remember.

Dude youre always all about "coulda woulda shoulda" whenever you make a point, especially about Ricciardo. Then you throw all that out the window with drivers you dont like and become a hard a##!

The fact is Massa doesnt have a WDC. If you have to rely on on some obscure passing event not happening like the one youre referring to, then you didnt deserve the championship. Drivers need to win championships, not wait for circumstances to hand them one.

I cant remember either. I cant remember last week.

If your saying Lewis won the title in 2008 at Brazil 100% on his own accord, I will agree, but we know he was helped by glock and if glock and Toyota weren't persuaded by Mclaren, massa would've been champion. Why are you accusing me of being biased? Iam the fairest here, least I call it how it is and not make up an excuse equilvelant to the moon landing to make myself feel better than just admitting fault,I couldn't be a kimi fan and not admit any mistake he makes, it would do my head in, part of the reason it riles me up is because kimi simply doesn't care when he makes mistakes and neither do his fans, which is sweet if the same attitude was applied across the board without even a hint of biased opinion, but that would be just as rare as having money fall from the sky wouldn't it? I don't take it personal to any kimi fans as whenever I've met some, there all the same. Put it this way, no racial intent here or offence but kimi fans are "Indian givers" of formula one. For those who don't know,an Indian giver is someone who gives something then wants it back. Same goes for the fans, they want lee way for mistakes made in Canada,Austria and Russia last year to name a few but when it's some one else, there first to jump up and down about it and over look the possibility of what they supported earlier is similar if not the same as what happened recently. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house and you can't have your cake and eat it to.

Would he deserve another one tho? Because the first already fell on his lap by chance.

Don't start with that Kati as I feel the same way with that, it's not allowed here lol, but I always thought kimi was a much better driver at Mclaren than anywhere else, so he may have but do I also think he "lucked" into his only title? Yes I do.

i was actually there when he won it. He won a title because both McLaren drivers were egomaniacs and the team did not know how to handle the situation. Kudos for him for keeping it cool though.

i was actually there when he won it. He won a title because both McLaren drivers were egomaniacs and the team did not know how to handle the situation. Kudos for him for keeping it cool though.

BAM!!!!! Well fnnn said. I've said this for years, we all knew either Lewis or fernando would've been champion, there was no doubt about it but Mclaren couldn't handle fernando's demanding world champion stature while they couldn't deal with hurting there child Lewis so that was the issue. Consistently taking points of each other and away from the team that once it happened a few times, the points shrinked, it's equivenlant of Schumacher taking the 2005 title under the noses of fernando and kimi, it didn't happen as both drivers were in seperate teams and focus was 110% now what would've happened if they were teammates then?

Who is not admitting to mistakes? I cant really get my head around your post and cant really be bothered at the moment either. But to summarise, Massa = 0 WDC.

I couldn't care really bro Iam just saying.

BAM!!!!! Well fnnn said. I've said this for years, we all knew either Lewis or fernando would've been champion, there was no doubt about it but Mclaren couldn't handle fernando's demanding world champion stature while they couldn't deal with hurting there child Lewis so that was the issue. Consistently taking points of each other and away from the team that once it happened a few times, the points shrinked, it's equivenlant of Schumacher taking the 2005 title under the noses of fernando and kimi, it didn't happen as both drivers were in seperate teams and focus was 110% now what would've happened if they were teammates then?

There is a saying in my country saying, you'd rather have one bird in your hands than two flying. Instead of securing one of them would be winner, they were trying to please both and everything went down. And then they left anyway. lol But if the team favours one or the other, then some fans start having a fit, despite it being 1. the obvious thing to do, and 2. the usual thing to do, as it has happened a million times, in most teams, throughout the years. So, since then, they learned the lesson and decided to have ONE first driver, and ONE second driver. Except this season, but well does it matter now?

Wait.

I missed something. When did it become uncovered that McLaren persuaded Toyota to let Hamilton pass Glock?

I seem to recall it was that Toyota kept Glock out on dry tires thinking they could gain the 20–25 seconds of not pitting, and then just ride around for the final lap or two and have a net gain of position. Before everyone pitted, Glock was P7. He finished P6—the strategy was a net gain for Toyota because Glock was able to get ahead of the sixth place car and run lap times just fast enough to not lose the gap he created. It was, as I remember it, Toyota doing their optimum strategy, independent of the WDC on the line. If Glock pits, he gets 2 points in P7. By not pitting, he gained a bunch of spots initially, lost most of them (including one to Hamilton) because he was driving on dry tires in very wet conditions, and ended with 3 points in P6.

Anyway, if anyone can link me to where this was admitted to be some sort of McLaren manipulation, I'd appreciate it. I totally missed that. It just seemed like Toyota's strategy to me, and as exciting and shocking as that finish was in 2008, Hamilton didn't really pass Glock in the final corner in the sense that Glock was never truly ahead of Hamilton—Glock got ahead of Hamilton on a strategy that kind of assumed everyone up through Hamilton would end up reclaiming the spots, leaving Glock +1 spot from where he had been before the rain. If that makes any sense.

You don't think any team in this situation would go around to every other team besides the rival there competing with and try do some sort of deal to free up there drivers if ever caught during the race to be lapped? Course the would, and all they would've done is just relayed the message to glock. Why would glock want to loose anymore time when theoretically he still has a lap to go, Lewis has one corner, makes no sense, Lewis in any other situation would've stayed behind glock to the chequered flag, it's inly because glock moved and Lewis knew he needed that position. Todt used to always do it back in the days when they needed any advantage to catch Hakkinen and Mclaren.

Hamilton received the recently very low rating as a driver from a British based institution. Maybe unfairly, maybe fairly, I do not want to get into it too much, because I know for the fact that at least one of fellow forumers whom I learned to respect, for his bias-free views, he rates Hamilton low outside of a racing track, but high in the car. Speaking on my own, I am not sure. In McLaren, he had on some tracks the best car, on others just one of good cars to have, yet McLaren was not winning as much as I thought they should (or could). If one thinks about his WDC crowns, a preceding discussion touched on that subject, optics aren't very flattering. Take first WDC - last chance, and so so. Take the last two WDC - he sits in the car which, other than Rosberg (evil tongues will say his No. 2), there is no other car which comes even close. Schumacher had his Hakkinen, Senna had his Prost, Vettel had more than just Webber, as the field began to tighten up. Now, competition is in handcuffs, unable to recover not only because of the absence of ideas about what to do, but money, and generally restrictive environment, thus this begs a question, what kind of legacy Hamilton will leave behind? I am noticing that his fans think of him as the greatest, but if you look closely, and know something about circumstances others were competing, I think the crown got seriously devalued. From my perspective to win a championship having Senna and Schumacher in your mirrors is one thing, today, crossing a finish line and wait half a minute before next limping car shows up is another.

Just more conspiracy theories. Reason why I didnt get into it. Altered sense of reality.

It's people like you who have the altered sense of reality, waiting on what your told to do next, people who change the world are ones who go against the grain, in you follow the grain you won't be seen, you'll just be another sheep. Sooner you realise your on your own the better it is for you.

Hamilton received the recently very low rating as a driver from a British based institution. Maybe unfairly, maybe fairly, I do not want to get into it too much, because I know for the fact that at least one of fellow forumers whom I learned to respect, for his bias-free views, he rates Hamilton low outside of a racing track, but high in the car. Speaking on my own, I am not sure. In McLaren, he had on some tracks the best car, on others just one of good cars to have, yet McLaren was not winning as much as I thought they should (or could). If one thinks about his WDC crowns, a preceding discussion touched on that subject, optics aren't very flattering. Take first WDC - last chance, and so so. Take the last two WDC - he sits in the car which, other than Rosberg (evil tongues will say his No. 2), there is no other car which comes even close. Schumacher had his Hakkinen, Senna had his Prost, Vettel had more than just Webber, as the field began to tighten up. Now, competition is in handcuffs, unable to recover not only because of the absence of ideas about what to do, but money, and generally restrictive environment, thus this begs a question, what kind of legacy Hamilton will leave behind? I am noticing that his fans think of him as the greatest, but if you look closely, and know something about circumstances others were competing, I think the crown got seriously devalued. From my perspective to win a championship having Senna and Schumacher in your mirrors is one thing, today, crossing a finish line and wait half a minute before next limping car shows up is another.

Yeah his championships are worth sh1t. Like Vettels.

It's people like you who have the altered sense of reality, waiting on what your told to do next, people who change the world are ones who go against the grain, in you follow the grain you won't be seen, you'll just be another sheep. Sooner you realise your on your own the better it is for you.

I find it kind of surreal listening to you sometimes. Go burn some old fossils man.

Would he deserve another one tho? Because the first already fell on his lap by chance.

We could say that of Alonso's first championship too. Fell on his lap by chance. How about J Villeneue? How about Button's? How about Lewis' last two championships. Going back in time about Schector's, or any driver whose championships happen to fall on their lap by chance. We would'nt know the egomaniacs that played their role in their defeats too would we. Kimi did have the most wins of the 2007 year, so in essence he did deserve it

Maybe you would believe it if drivers say so themselves, from yours truly favourite... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7055566.stm

"I said many times whoever has more points at the last race deserves the championship," Alonso told BBC 5live.

"It has been up and down for everybody but now, on the last day, Kimi deserves the title."

Why am I even debating this

Vettel managed to get his points in a relatively competitive environment. To copy a new front wing or change something on aero was easier than now under the token system ripping out whole PU subsystem under a pile of other restrictions. Hamilton defeated Rosberg, Vettel defeated a field. That's how I am looking at it. I used to hear that Vettel had the best car in the field, which was borderline conjecture. Mercedes having a significantly best car is a fact. In this, there is more than just minor difference. If proof is in the pudding, why would Ecclestein hop mad about that issue?

I find it kind of surreal listening to you sometimes. Go burn some old fossils man.

Why? Because of how simple and obvious it sounds? Go follow the rest of the sheep mate or go stick your head in the sand like an ostrich because the government has never ever lied to you have they? Always have your best interests at heart, your there number one objective, police do nothing but serve and protect, doctors become legal drug dealers. You want more?