Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

The Many Words Of Mika Hakkinen

*Yawns*

Cus Jenson Button's championship is definitely because he is the best driver ever. /s

If we are gonna get into this bs of this person has the best car, bla bla bla, anyone could've won in that car, bla bla bla, we should forget all F1 since the 2000's.

I can't stand people who say schumi won in the best car and had no competition and blah blah blah. When they fail to realise that all the success he had, he built, from acquiring the right staff and engineers who were heads and shoulders above the rest in there field of expertise. When Ferrari were dominating, there were no restrictions on what teams can do compared to today's standards so any team could've mounted a challenge to Ferrari and taken them down but no one could. It took a disaster opus 2005 season for someone to dethrown him and even then he came back the next season and would've won the world title again if it wasn't for that engine going kaboom at Suzuka. So when people ask me what the most dominant driver and time was, it has to be schumachers era, and any driver like Hamilton who thinks he won his titles in a better fashion than Schumacher is sadly mistaken. Schumacher won on pure skill on and off the circuit and IMO will never be another driver like him who could gel with the entire team.

It is kinda hard to judge that, because yea ofc Michael was great and all that, but he never had a competitive teammate in Ferrari who we could say, oh, remember how he completely shamed *******?! He only had second drivers who were hired to be hid second drivers and had little to no expectations to win or to be allowed to win a race if that was of michael's interest. That is why Alonso thinks he is so awesome - because he beat Schumacher when it seemed unlikely. N

ow you say anyone could've made a team like that... Easily said than done. Tbh we will never know what made that team so awesome - sure, his expertise, great staff, team commitment... but we will never know what was to the car. It is not a conspiracy theory, far from it, but just because a team find a way to make their car faster, it doesn't mean anyone else could've copied it. Also, not diminishing Michael, he was great at Ferrari, but I do not think he is the best driver ever.

What I do know however, and people might hate me cus of what I'm gonna say (and ofc I am not saying it is your case, but I have seen other people doing it), is that when he was driving and winning all titles, we had this wave of F1 fans who hated him. Michael was a cheater, he was a n***, he was the worst person ever. After the unfortunate accident, this stopped. Suddenly he became a great person and everyone loves him and adores him. I am not sure if it's guilt or just human nature that makes people change their mind.

I do not hate him, I do not love him. I respect the fact he is definitely one of the best drivers ever and achieved more than others. I do not even want to discuss the 'did he cheat or not' thing because I honestly do not care. I wish him the best, and ofc I wanna see him back like he was before, even though it seems unlikely unfortunately.

Yep exactly Katie, they hated schumi because he had the whole package and team and car aswell. This peeves me of because the same people who were bagging Michael, found it fully acceptable in the day to watch senna,mansell and Prost bang it out wheel to wheel, what's the difference? Michael had to cut his teeth with these super aggressive drivers and is now blamed for the technique that he was brought up on that exposed that super fast pace, awesome car control and 110% commitment. See I don't see Adelaide as schumi's fault, neither Jerez as it was a title decider and all these people expect schumi to just pull out the corner,give the position and turn back in, cmon as if. I don't see Schumacher as the fastest driver ever, that goes to senna and schumi not far behind but I think he is the best ever "complete" driver in terms of being good behind the wheel and in the garage.

Yep exactly Katie, they hated schumi because he had the whole package and team and car aswell. This peeves me of because the same people who were bagging Michael, found it fully acceptable in the day to watch senna,mansell and Prost bang it out wheel to wheel, what's the difference? Michael had to cut his teeth with these super aggressive drivers and is now blamed for the technique that he was brought up on that exposed that super fast pace, awesome car control and 110% commitment. See I don't see Adelaide as schumi's fault, neither Jerez as it was a title decider and all these people expect schumi to just pull out the corner,give the position and turn back in, cmon as if. I don't see Schumacher as the fastest driver ever, that goes to senna and schumi not far behind but I think he is the best ever "complete" driver in terms of being good behind the wheel and in the garage.

It's complicated. Senna and Prost all went a bit too far and if it happened today, people would call that cheating because apparently we live times where you have to be politically correct the whole time - despite no one being. I am not questioning again if he is the best or not. I am from Brazil, I was a Senna fan and I was 7 when he died so he was my hero because it was someone I could identify with at the time. However, if you go back and watch everything all over again, now as a grown up, you might not agree with some stuff that happened. The thing is, Senna died in front of us. He died in track, racing, and that made him a 'hero' straight away. No one would stop and judge someone after that.

What I personally think is: He was great, he had a true racer personality and fought for what he thought was right, sometimes going a bit too far. To be honest, we dunno how well would he have gone had he not died and we will never know. Maybe it would've gone downhill from then, and we will never know, we will only remember someone who was passionate for what he did and died doing what was the most important thing for him.

Personally, I quite admire Lauda for his perseverance. For those who are here for longer, you will remember I support Vettel. He changed a lot in the past years and it does make me glad to see he has got this same passion in him. I don't see that in Hamilton for example or Kimi.

People might say kimi isn't a Ferrari driver because he doesn't show excitement or seem to have the passion but I think it's also because he keeps his mouth shut at the same time is why Ferrari like him, they know nothing bad will be said about them in the media or anything leaked so they trust kimi 100% on that where as Vettel if he is rocked the wrong way, would say something abit more nasty IMO.