Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Spain - Race. No. 5

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/races/2016/Spain.html

It's time for Ferrari and Mercedes to cross swords under conditions of a "normal" race. Hamilton and Vettel will be on their best behavior, but not really in best of mood to play second fiddle. Looking forward to it. Nico ought to be held in check, but not by Hamilton, please.

Be interesting, apparently Mclaren have a significant engine upgrade for this race.

Ohh really lol, I read engine, must be different media stories, either way an ungraded something lol.

I wasn't saying you were incorrect, I was saying maybe the source I got the info from was lol.

Thanks for clearing that up for me anyway, Mclaren have improved quite a lot since this time last year IMO. Apparently both cars could've gone quicker in Russia but both were having to save fuel to finish.

If he is surely that's curtains for Kvyat? I can't see him wanting to be a red bull junior again and I'm sure there's some hot shot wanting the Toro Rosso seat

It's abit sus IMO, I think verstappens management saw this as time to pounce and offer Redbull an altermatim or loose Verstappen for good ASAP. In all honesty I've seen webber and Vettel make worse mistakes and never threatened with loosing a seat. I think Redbull were under pressure to make an immediate decision. Kvyat IMO is to good not to be in f1'and towards the front aswell, he has proved to be a good challenge for Ricciardo so I can't see why tbh, Max will be worse if he makes a stupid mistake, seems there more going on behind the scenes.

Wouldn't be such drastic measure, if undertaken at all, really substantively something more than just a punishment for the incident in last race? Looks like they were looking for an opportunity, and they found one.

Should we expect a jam on the podium for P3? Alonso thinks P2 or P3 is possible for McHonda, Massa thinks Williams is on the par with RBR, RBR thinks they are (well almost) on the par with Ferrari. Looks like kicking Brackley out could be a "solution", at least in part, on F1 issues. [rant]Opportunity to say something nasty about homologation, regulations, tokens, FiA, etc., etc.[/rant]

Well one things for sure sakae, we will finally see just how good that Mclaren chassis was and now is when we get to Spain. Alonso thinking p2/3? He would have to nail every exit onto the straight with Drs to do that, I think that's a bit to eager but we will soon see.

This is a live race for me YaY.gif I want a good race and a three foot exclusion zone around Vettel for at least the first lap okay? ;)

Seriously, I want to see Vettel get a decent start and a clean first few corners after the last two races just to see how good the Ferrari really can be and how close he can get to challenging the Mercs. I'm guessing not that close if truth be told, but I'd like him to have a decent race at least.

This is not a season I had in my mind in February. It is becoming increasingly difficult to scream hip-hip-hurray when you see Seb collecting debris of the tarmac, instead giving Wolff heart pain.

SUNDAY, 15 MAY 2016

GP3 Second race (17 laps or 30 minutes) 09:25 - 10:00

GP2 Second race (26 laps or 45 minutes) 10:35 - 11:25

Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup Race (14 laps or 30 minutes) 11:45 - 12:20

Formula 1 Pit lane walk 12:25 - 13:15

Formula 1 Drivers track parade 12:30

Formula 1 Starting grid presentation 12:45 - 13:15

START 13:30

Formula 1 National anthem 13:46

Formula 1 Race 14:00

This is a timetable for Sunday.

I hate how they start the races so late now >:|

Whut? In Europe race start at 14:00 (2 P.M.) is absolutely normal, and anything else is an "error" which ought to be corrected once someone will push someone out of the door.

The Australian GP doesn't start till 4pm local time to cater for Europeans so they don't have to get out of bed so early.

Bloody causes mayhem for local traffic and on the other hand who gives a stuff about the Europeans lol? Serious almost every GP if we get it in TV and even in the past, I've always had to stay up or wake up late.