Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Spain - Race. No. 5

His overtakes were not impossible. Vettel defended very well, but a lot of other drivers wouldn't have. Had his tyre not blown up, I am not sure Vettel would've been able to hold longer. I am no fan of Ricciardo at all, but I appreciate him actually trying to do something rather than just resigning to the position.

Best race I have seen in years ......... Thankyou Hammy for not using your BRAKE pedal and getting rid of the dominance of the Mercs.

Kati dear, if you really believe that nonsense...

Its happened to him twice now, he takes the tyres above the limits. In this particular race he flatspotted tyres trying to make impossible overtakes.

Brad, don't start with this, you know I got ammo, kimi spinning car two years in a row in Canada and taking out alonso in Austria "the guy needs to know his limits and have special awarness" lmao don't start this flip flopping stuff again. Talk about double standards, everything your pointing out you have answers for when brought up about kimi or other scenarios, common sense prevails here mate, riding the kerbs to hard, yep you know why? Because he is actually trying and having a go both times on the left rear on a circuit that mostly has right handers so the left rear will always ride the kerb, this with the fact the power is transferred through the rear wheels and both circuits have saw tooth like kerbs, bet a million bucks it's the kerbs that has caused it, along with throwing the car extra hard over the kerbs or running that tad bit wider on exit because he's pushing flat out. Besides the one in Russia was contact related this one is possibly just bad luck or result of riding kerbs but I bet more on the kerbs tbh.

Kimi just stays there and lets things happen around him. Whereas he might be a stable driver (which he has to be because he's been there for 16 years), there is no spark or any excitement in his racing these days. His start was just plain horrible, and it is not a one off.

Now, whereas he might be doing ok for a number 2 driver like you said, do you really think someone who won a World Championship should be just an ok second driver? I do believe he had the car to overtake Max, or a least give it a try, and I haven't seen a true attempt at that. He was lucky to be on a better strategy than Ricciardo or Vettel, who were way faster than him.

I think a driver should know when it's time to go home, and unfortunately, it might be soon. Herbert does have a point.

What did you want to see? A "throw it down the inside" like Kvyat? Whether you like it or not, the track was almost impossible to pass on for closely matched cars. Kimi gained consistently the whole race on drivers in front of him and simply couldn't get close enough to make a legitimate move. There's no way in hell you would trust that muppet Verstappen not to just take you out if you had a go at him. What did you want? A late brake from more than a car-length behind on the first corner? Ricciardo did that and look where it got him. You wanted to see Kimi and Max wiped out, is that it? Sheesh!

Hopefully we all can agree, that racing without those two dominant cars was really interesting again. For me it was, despite that I have every reason in the book as Vettel's fan to be upset over the result.

Brad, don't start with this, you know I got ammo, kimi spinning car two years in a row in Canada and taking out alonso in Austria "the guy needs to know his limits and have special awarness" lmao don't start this flip flopping stuff again. Talk about double standards, everything your pointing out you have answers for when brought up about kimi or other scenarios, common sense prevails here mate, riding the kerbs to hard, yep you know why? Because he is actually trying and having a go both times on the left rear on a circuit that mostly has right handers so the left rear will always ride the kerb, this with the fact the power is transferred through the rear wheels and both circuits have saw tooth like kerbs, bet a million bucks it's the kerbs that has caused it, along with throwing the car extra hard over the kerbs or running that tad bit wider on exit because he's pushing flat out. Besides the one in Russia was contact related this one is possibly just bad luck or result of riding kerbs but I bet more on the kerbs tbh.

Everyone ride the kerbs, its part of F1. Ric needs to find the limits of the tyres (unfortunately for us all drivers have to do it, stupid rules) and drive within it. He put too much pressure on the tyres hauling Vettel in then flatspotting under braking. My guess is he got the puncture from one of the flatspots, which is probably the most likely scenario

And Kyvat didn't even need to hit anyone to make things exciting!! He must be losing his sh|t right now. That and the Russians losing EuroVision to the Ukraine. I wub.png the Ukraine. Apparently the rest of Europe does as well and are probably sick of the bullies and their vodka. Australia came second wooohooo. Does that mean we can live and work in Europe now?

Kimi

- I raced against his (MV') father - scary

- Win 2003 (Max - I was in kindergarten...)

Time flies.

did you notice how quick Kimi went to congratulate Max after he pulled up.... That was brilliant. I don't think Kimi wanted to win today, was more than happy to come second.

Everyone ride the kerbs, its part of F1. Ric needs to find the limits of the tyres (unfortunately for us all drivers have to do it, stupid rules) and drive within it. He put too much pressure on the tyres hauling Vettel in then flatspotting under braking. My guess is he got the puncture from one of the flatspots, which is probably the most likely scenario

Most likely but I have seen in the past certain drivers suffering more and even in my karting days because they try to make up to much time using the kerbs, yeah every driver uses them but at some point he may have started to put the power down harder or throw the car over the kerbs harder and saw tooth kerbs mixed with flexing sidewalks and ageing tyres don't mix, just slice them right open.

did you notice how quick Kimi went to congratulate Max after he pulled up.... That was brilliant. I don't think Kimi wanted to win today, was more than happy to come second.

He's happy with second because he tried the maximum and that's all he could do. It doesn't matter if you don't win, but if you know you've tried your absolute best, you'll be just a s satisfied, I can guarantee it and that's how you know yourself, you gave it maximum, when the maximum result doesnt matter as much as you thought it would.

Kimi fans seems really happy today, some of them elsewhere on the web are hard on Vettel, yet they are ignoring that fact, that Vettel reached Finish merely 5 sec off the lead after 3 stopper, while experiencing (undefined) issue with tires in his last stint. I think under those circumstances he was OK, I would say. Not sure what was going on in preceding track time outings, but from onboard videos, car wasn't too stable.

http://15.05_-_stewa...n_n.rosberg.pdf

FiA's decision (Doc 33) is above. It has been determined that Rosberg had right to do whatever he has done, and Hamilton was not sufficiently alongside and in a position to claim free pass. What confuses me, why so many people blame Rosberg then? Stewart, JV, Sky...chain of fingerpointing is endless (add several hundred of fans).

In one of the interviews Hamilton said that he perceived gap as car-width, so ho moved in. Problem was in his position relative to Rosberg, which permitted Nico to defend. It seems that Hamilton should have anticipated what will happen, and I am suspicious that he would have done the same in reverse roles.

I will have to seek medical aid, because result actually pleases me, regardless who is to blame.

for christ sake, IF you are behind someone and then YOU run into them it is YOUR FAULT as simple as that..... Try telling your insurance company that the guy in front cut you off!!!!!! but you didn't brake?

Just watched a replay on the sports section of the local news and I guess the newsreader summed it all up when referring to Hammy, "With a Team mate like that who needs enemies" so bloody true

Let's rejoice that we had a good GP this weekend. It was close all the way to the end and although we didn't have much in the way of overtaking at the front it still gripped the attention. You see we don't need meaningless overtaking moves happening every lap because of using DRS, or having a faster, grippier tyre than your rival, to make an exciting GP. What you do need is close racing and the possibility of overtaking. Overtaking should be like a goal in football and not like a basket in basketball.

Let's rejoice that we had a good GP this weekend. It was close all the way to the end and although we didn't have much in the way of overtaking at the front it still gripped the attention. You see we don't need meaningless overtaking moves happening every lap because of using DRS, or having a faster, grippier tyre than your rival, to make an exciting GP. What you do need is close racing and the possibility of overtaking. Overtaking should be like a goal in football and not like a basket in basketball.

That's exactly how I feel for very long time. NASCAR bored me with constant moving around, whereas here the POSSIBILITY of overtaking kep the suspence up. Two fights that I followed was Kimi vs Max, and Seb vs D. It was first race after very long time I've really enjoyed.

http://15.05_-_stewa...n_n.rosberg.pdf

FiA's decision (Doc 33) is above. It has been determined that Rosberg had right to do whatever he has done, and Hamilton was not sufficiently alongside and in a position to claim free pass. What confuses me, why so many people blame Rosberg then? Stewart, JV, Sky...chain of fingerpointing is endless (add several hundred of fans).

In one of the interviews Hamilton said that he perceived gap as car-width, so ho moved in. Problem was in his position relative to Rosberg, which permitted Nico to defend. It seems that Hamilton should have anticipated what will happen, and I am suspicious that he would have done the same in reverse roles.

I will have to seek medical aid, because result actually pleases me, regardless who is to blame.

Because all the TV analysts at the time wouldn't have a clue that nico hit the wrong button and affectivly put his car into limp mode.

My heart was thumping the whole way.

Because all the TV analysts at the time wouldn't have a clue that nico hit the wrong button and affectivly put his car into limp mode.

I am not sure that he hit wrong button, as much as he (Nico) forgot to do rest from formation to the racing mode before Start.That's how I understand it.

Well yeah, you know what I mean. That's what I meant lol.

Power to MV for keeping his head. Kimi was destroying his tyres just following - that's what happens in these toy cars. DR should shut up and take it like a man. Both decisions by the Merc drivers were wrong in the nano seconds they had to make them and we saw a genuine racing incident. Frankly, I think Lewis is bored stiff with F1 and could move on. Super drives from Sainz and Button.

Funny how things work out for Mercedes drivers in comparison to Palmer and Magnussen.

I finally watched the race and that's what surprised me the most, how he kept his head out front with kimi chasing him down and he maintained good speed and made not one mistake. You look at the drivers we have now able to win races, if we close the gap and make it a more level playing field or even just more driver influenced we would have Hamilton,rosberg,Vettel,kimi,dan,max and the list goes on of drivers who could win a race at anytime, how exciting would that be?

There is a lot of BS stories floating around after this last race. Looks like even BBC managed to drag Vettel into this "suffering of DR". Geeez...

Frankly, I think Lewis is bored stiff with F1 and could move on.

Yup, well think the politics in Mercedes are getting to him. Not sure if you knew but apparently at the beginning of the year, Mercedes switched his engineers to Rosberg and vice versa. Now that says a lot to me - Mercedes clearly wanting a German WDC this year....

What has he got to prove? 3 x WDC, lots of records to his name, has earned squillions. Rumour has it he is thinking of taking a year out.....