Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Spain - Race. No. 5

From Ferrari's point of view, I am still waiting for the "normal" race, despite that will be already 5th race of this season. By normal race I mean that we will have confirmation that strategy worked as intended, tires worked as expected, no reliability issues, no one rammed anyone, and we were happy to do our thing.

I think everyone is as its the final piece of the puzzle as to how competitive everyone is this year.

The weather forecast indicates that race will be anything but normal, at least as I see it. Wet conditions leading to a race, and dry race thereafter, yet teams aren't permitted to change car setup. Did I mention yet that I do not like this kind of regulations? We should see cars and drivers in their best, and not compromised. Rules are really silly.

Did you know the last wet Spanish GP we had was 1996, the first Schumacher Ferrari win. That's how long it's been.

I wasn't aware of it. What I do however remember is, that last year pre-season testing got pretty messy under similar conditions. BTW, Schumacher's race was commented on by M. Walker and J. Palmer (father of the guy who drives for Renault this year).

It was one of the best drives I have ever seen, the thing with today's drivers is there is no significant gap to others under certain situations. Like back then if you turned the TV on and it was wet, you knew Schumacher was going to do something pretty special, today, no one stands out like that. Even in that shocking Ferrari, he still simply drove away with the win.

GP Today:

The only drivers to win in Barcelona without starting on the front row are Michael Schumacher, from third place on the grid in 1996, and Alonso from fifth in 2013.

In the news - qualification then appears, statistically speaking - important.

Wow, another interesting fact, could have something to do with every team using it as a test track, that everyone's cars would be dialled in 100% so if you don't get a good grid slot, unless your car is a rocket on Sunday, your going to finish were you started.

What's the matter with Ferrari guys? Mercedes drivers have their own race already in FP1 while Ferrari drivers are sitting in the garage - again!

25 min into FP1, and Vettel is sitting in the garage, incurring 2 installation laps only.

My apology for commenting as much as I do on Ferrari cause, but as a fan of Sebastian, that's a part of the deal we have. After FP1 I am still not sure where we are because it was soft rubber, which propelled drivers in red to the top, thus all things weren't equal. Many people commented that tires are making this season interesting, but I do not agree. Podium reward based on skills is my deal, and not a podium based on others having wrong rubber on wheels.

Is everything OK with Jock Clear? I am not keen to assign blame for team's poor performance, but I wonder what's going on? Since I follow Vettel, I am noticing some pretty weird indicators. Seb is leaving pits very late, hardly able to log in a single lap (in last race), the setup seems strange and so forth. Today in 20 min he left his garage with merely 6 min left on the clock, and they merge him into traffic. When would Brawn do something like that to Schumacher? I am aware that Schumi was one of the last ones on the track, but conditions today are different. A field without Mercedes is pretty much close to each other, tires are very unpredictable in their performance, so the risk for something to go wrong in a single lap is greater than ever.

GP2 race was great fun to watch. Could just be the freshness of GP2 for me, as I don't catch many of the races, but there were some fun overtakes. A lot of strategy, opportunistic racing around safety cars, and my favorite thing of all: a Red Bull-backed driver choking away certain victory, and nearly falling off the podium if not for a safety car on the last lap of an already shortened (due to time constraints) race. ;)

I don't expect F1 to have so brilliant a (non-DRS) pass for the win under 10 laps from the finish, but I'm hoping it'll be a good enough show for third. Ferrari could jump the Red Bulls if they do it all correctly, and the final points positions are always up for grabs. It'd be nice for Alonso to score some more on home field.

Some Kimi love, the guy is seriously an enigma

Kimi also said arrivabene is the best team boss he has ever worked with now Ferrari need to listen to that for a second and realise, things are starting to gel within the team, any inter team changes now after hearing that, will only cause issues they've just gotten out of, Ferrari please don't be so fnn stupid this time, ride it out abit longer and the results will come.

I hope we have a clean race today and we might actually see Ferrari s race pace. And it's been more than 5 races we saw mercs fight. Hoping for lewis vs rosberg fight today. Ferrari vs redbull and Ricci vs max.

And yes some points for mclaren would be great.

giphy.gif

Omfg both Mercedes touch and are in the gravel, boy are we in for it now let's hear the whinging.

My compliments to MV. 1st race and 2 stopper win. Ferrari could do nothing to him on this track. I find it refreshing.

in short, Ricciardo got beaten up by a child. Kimi Raikkonen is a waste of a seat.

Well done to max hey? I didn't watch it but from what I can gather redbull stuffed ricciardos strategy for leaving him out to long, is that correct?

No. His strategy was way better than Vettel's (who changed tyres too early), he just couldn't overtake him and had a puncture insisting, and now I have to buy a Kvyat hat because I promised if Kvyat overtook Ricciardo one lap down I'd do so.