Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Spain - Race. No. 5

in short, Ricciardo got beaten up by a child. Kimi Raikkonen is a waste of a seat.

Be nice Kati. The Kimster didn't deliver. But Ricci couldn't pass Vettel either.

What saddens me the most is RBR have been fantastic in capilizing when Mercs crash or have failures, but Ferrari haven't. Ferrari should have had a 1-2 after both Mercs crashed, but I have to give credit to Max, it was a good drive.

Be nice Kati. The Kimster didn't deliver. But Ricci couldn't pass Vettel either.

What saddens me the most is RBR have been fantastic in capilizing when Mercs crash or have failures, but Ferrari haven't. Ferrari should have had a 1-2 after both Mercs crashed, but I have to give credit to Max, it was a good drive.

Kimi hasn't been really achieving anything for a while now. We are just always blaming other people, accidents, etc etc... Max did do a good drive so kudos for him, but Kimi didn't provide much of a challenge. Seb did a great job keeping Ricciardo behind with worn out tyres, but I wish Ferrari would think about things before deciding on strategies because right now it feels like they are just trying out random stuff, without giving much thought. Of course his tyres were gonna be gone at the end of race. It actually surprises me he managed to keep Ricciardo behind him.

Yes this, Ferrari have given away to many pints as it is and its going to hurt them as you need to score good points early.

Ferrari's strategies have been horrid for years, even going back to Alonso's time. Tepid, tame, uninspired, weak.

Kati, I think Kimi's doing fine as a #2. You're not going to find any of his fans here, myself included who actually believe he will win a WDC again. An odd race here or there is all we're honestly hoping for. He had his shot today... and it was honestly disappointing :(

It must have been hard to pass for cars that are so close in speed, as Kimi couldn't on Max and Ricci cuoldn't on Vettel. Had it just been Kimi who couldn't pass, I'd have a little cry as my fav driver is nearing the end of his career, but Ricci couldn't either. So that to me makes Kimi's not being able to pass more credible.

And Kimi's been a bit of a champ for passing cars lately anyway, so he hasn't lost that aspect of his race. His start was horrible though, wow what happened there.

Barca is a really odd track. A great track, and one of my favourites too. Great layout, lots of green, the undulations and rises and falls. Shame alot of the stands were empty, but it's a great great track. One I think that does favour RBR more than Ferrari though. I think had it been Monza Ferrari would have creamed RBR.

But a wins a win, so good on Max for getting it done in his first race at RBR. I bet the Marko haters will be hating him even more now lol

I must have some character flaw, because I could not stop laughing over Alonso's situation, despite in reality it's not too funny. Just before the race, he said - we definitely going in right direction, then I was checking after race how he finished, and find another DNF. Oh well, maybe next time.

Kimi just stays there and lets things happen around him. Whereas he might be a stable driver (which he has to be because he's been there for 16 years), there is no spark or any excitement in his racing these days. His start was just plain horrible, and it is not a one off.

Now, whereas he might be doing ok for a number 2 driver like you said, do you really think someone who won a World Championship should be just an ok second driver? I do believe he had the car to overtake Max, or a least give it a try, and I haven't seen a true attempt at that. He was lucky to be on a better strategy than Ricciardo or Vettel, who were way faster than him.

I think a driver should know when it's time to go home, and unfortunately, it might be soon. Herbert does have a point.

New procedure for the races:

1. Formation lap.

2. Start

3. First lap smack down, safety car, tractors, and debris collection to follow.

I would suggest to both Mercedes drivers to take revenge on each other next race, and do it for so long and many races after that, until they get satisfaction from a job well done.

Alonso is not happy. He claims that he received team orders to stay behind Button.

Kimi just stays there and lets things happen around him. Whereas he might be a stable driver (which he has to be because he's been there for 16 years), there is no spark or any excitement in his racing these days. His start was just plain horrible, and it is not a one off.

Now, whereas he might be doing ok for a number 2 driver like you said, do you really think someone who won a World Championship should be just an ok second driver? I do believe he had the car to overtake Max, or a least give it a try, and I haven't seen a true attempt at that. He was lucky to be on a better strategy than Ricciardo or Vettel, who were way faster than him.

I think a driver should know when it's time to go home, and unfortunately, it might be soon. Herbert does have a point.

Really??? Fightback from plus7 seconds to 2.5 towards his teammate before 2nd pitstop. Consistent times, often faster than teammate and Ric, except for brand new tyres for Ric at last stint. I do not know if you had noticed, it was very difficult for cars of similiar speed to overtake on this circuit, maybe you missed it ;) Even the overtaking meastro Ric could not. If it goes on like this we might see the nr2 become the nr1 for the season.

I had beef with him last race, I think he turned it up a notch this race

Ricciardo is turning into second Mansell with his diving technique. Mansell too, out of control, relaying on the other driver to move over. Fittipaldi scolded him a few times, and on camera told him not to use his car as brakes. DR has done the same to Vettel today, who had to (again) swerwed away, to avoid him. What's angered me was post-race DR's comment, that he, in contrast to other racers, at least is trying to overtake. This is BS Mr. DR. Diving-in is for swimmers, not for the F1. He has developped some attitute, this guy, that's for sure.

I should add, MV's P1 probably hit him badly, because now he scolded his team for his strategy errors. Well, that's life in a fast lane.

Even the overtaking meastro Ric could not.

there's quite a difference between Ricciardo's race and Raikkonen's, Ricciardo did try to make a move on Vettel, Raikkonen didn't. I'm sure that he drove very well and I'm glad that he finished a solid 2nd but the point is that today he had a very good chance of winning the race and he didn't even try to pass Vestappen (who looked slower than him)

Ferrari should have had a 1-2 after both Mercs crashed, but I have to give credit to Max, it was a good drive.

Both Ferraris looked quicker than the RBRs (with the notable exception of Vettel on his last stint), the problem with Ferrari is that they are... Ferrari... rolleyes2.gifrolleyes2.gif The gave Vettel one of the most stupid strategy that I've witnessed in years, ok his tyres looked quite compromised during his last stint (especially his front right and rear left) but still one has to wonder what on earth they were thinking? Ricciardo's strategy wasn't great either (in fact it reminds me of the strategy that they gave Vettel in Canada in 2014...) but at least at RBR they were wide awake and when they saw Vettel pitting so early for his last stop they let Ricciardo out longer so that he would have better tyres in the closing stages of the race

there's quite a difference between Ricciardo's race and Raikkonen's, Ricciardo did try to make a move on Vettel, Raikkonen didn't. I'm sure that he drove very well and I'm glad that he finished a solid 2nd but the point is that today he had a very good chance of winning the race and he didn't even try to pass Vestappen (who looked slower than him)

Exactly. Ricciardo tried several times and would've overtaken if his tyres were in a better state.

Exactly. Ricciardo tried several times and would've overtaken if his tyres were in a better state.

Guess who ended up with a tyre burst from trying impossible overtaking manuevres, on newer set of tyres. Ric's lucky to keep 4th place. Good traction coming out of the last corner from the RB's made it impossible for Kimi to overtake.

"So I tried few times, it didn't work, but I wasn't content sitting in fourth. Did that have anything to do with the puncture? I don't think so."

Seb actually said that his strategy was in error. DR was somewhat more direct towards his team on the same topic. I've actually expected all four to do 3 stopper. When it came down to last a few laps, then I knew...

"So I tried few times, it didn't work, but I wasn't content sitting in fourth. Did that have anything to do with the puncture? I don't think so."

"Yes, it meant I pushed too hard, and becoz I tried soooooo hard, affected the tyres in a very naughty negative way." Surely this is the path of the obvious Kati.

DR was for too long behind Vettel, which probably accelerated degradation of his tires.

Talk to Ricciardo, his words, not mine. Considering he was the one driving there, not any of us, I'll go with that. Also because for him, it'd be pretty easy to blame the tyres strategy.

Kati dear, if you really believe that nonsense...

Its happened to him twice now, he takes the tyres above the limits. In this particular race he flatspotted tyres trying to make impossible overtakes.