Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Will Jenson Leave Before Fernando?

I honestly see stoffel with alonso next year, button at Williams and if that's the case, who will be at Williams with button? Massa or Bottas?

So you think Bottas will get the flick? Bottas could end up at haas if Gutierrez doesn't pull his finger out. Massa and button both would make a good team I think, plenty experience to help push Williams forward, plus we will be able to see how full of sh17 massa is to because button always admits mistakes and massa doesn't so we will have two complete ends of the spectrum to look at if we have to analyse and incident either may be involved in.

Serious? You think he will retire all together and go wec or something?

Alonso is sworn to stay with McLaren for the duration of his contract.

Button is one day interested in Williams, next day he says improved McLaren would keep him in, but I think he might be forced out, and he knows that which explains his "interest" in Williams.

Through his performance in Bahrain, Stoffel Vandoorne developed backing by Boullier, but Dennis is Dennis, so, who knows...

Yeah that's right, at times they have shown to be just as un predictable as Redbull.

Alonso is sworn to stay with McLaren for the duration of his contract.

Button is one day interested in Williams, next day he says improved McLaren would keep him in, but I think he might be forced out, and he knows that which explains his "interest" in Williams.

Through his performance in Bahrain, Stoffel Vandoorne developed backing by Boullier, but Dennis is Dennis, so, who knows...

You know, I remember when Button joined F1, I was still in primary education. I am almost 30 now. He makes me feel so old.

I revert when he came in to, looked like a baby compared to now, was a bloody fast karter back in the day to. You know what makes you feel old? When your 32 and notice a couple white hairs in your beard or goatee. You look in the mirror AGT-Mind-Blown-OMG.gif

It's ok to get a few white hairs on your head because you can pull them out, not on your chin or moustache you can't, bloody hurts.

You know, I remember when Button joined F1, I was still in primary education. I am almost 30 now. He makes me feel so old.

Obviously not panicking yet. yes.gif

Seriously, I know what you mean. With Button, it seems odd, as he used to drive against great Schumacher, who has since retired and his life is part of the F1 history, yet this fellow sees himself still useful. But, is he..?

That's what Iam dreding, the day kimi,fernando,jenson retire, then you know the last remaining connection to one of the greatest eras of f1 have now gone.

Hmmm... JB's remarks where taken completely out of context. He was asked how long he felt he could go on racing, It's on record that Dennis said Jens would decide when he was ready to move on. He is in his sixth season with team and he is valued highly [salary circa $15m] but he wants a few more race wins and he'll go where he can find them. People continue to miss the fact that JB and Richard Goddard manage Stoffo. Button is the sleeping partner but nevertheless the link is there. They could point the Belgian in another direction altogether if the McHonda doesn't improve rapidly. No point in putting the guy in a duffer, is there? Alonso's prang was a rookie mistake and he is a. lucky to be alive and b. not what he was by a country mile. My take on all this is very simple. McLaren have a second to make up and that is a lot. They can't even break into Q3 though one hopes they must be close. Did they think they would be racing Haas for the table scraps? Of course not. I think JB is a much better all round package than Felipe or Bottas and he brings so much more to the party for a sponsor fuelled team like Williams. On the other hand, a fading star like Nando and an intelligent, super quick peddler like Vandoorne could be a recipe for dischord and tantrums in the driver team. We'll see.

Well, recently Herbert suggested (in some way politely), something about fading, and we all know what kind of reaction that created on the parking lot.

I don't think mclaren are they far behind tbh, in Russia hey were nearly on race pace and they were saving fuel. Even some Mercedes cars couldn't pass them with Drs so the speed is there, but it coming at the sacrifice of something else ATM.

Stoffel in, Button to Williams. Insider I didn't know Button had a part in Stoffels management, but he needs to be in F1 now. This year in fact, so if it doesn't happen Button is not being a proper and decent manager. One could say conflict of interest.

It's not that I want to see Button gone, or out of McLaren, I just want to see him at Williams finally. They got a good car, but Massa and Bottas are not getting such good results with it. As to who goes from Massa or Bottas, hmm, I'd say Massa to Haas which would be a nice tie in with his Ferrari links. He can mentor GRO and who knows maybe have 1-2 more years if he's keen.

Then it'll be Alonso and Stoffel and then, when Alonso finally cracks and realises he's not wearing any clothes, who comes in next to Stoffel? Hamilton back there again once they start being further up the grid? Maybe, just maybe.

If button did sign for Williams, it would be massa that goes and I think he would retire as I've seen a story a couple months back that he was thinking about weather to do 2017 or not. Then he decided he probably wants to do another two years max, so Williams may help him with that. His last half of his career basically played out exactly like barrichello's didn't it?