Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Verstappen Vs Ricciardo

Nice to see that even niki lauda can see the potential in redbull and is worried that if redbull keep the same lineup next year, they will be on par with Mercedes in terms of talent wise for there drivers.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/565096/Verstappen_must_be_on_Ricciardos_pace__Marko/

as I see it with Ricci and now Verstapen in the team and the promise of the Renault engine upgrades there is only one way to go and thats forward. Gotta be good for F1. I just hope Ricci can keep ahead of his new team mate

What you mean? Newey is still involved big time on the design side of things, he just doesn't attend races or makes his presence know as much anymore. In fact it's a highlight when he shows up as he has a walk around checking out as much as possible, he's still than man, you wait and see.

Since I was an avid supporter of kvyat and was dirty on his demotion, looking at the times compared to usual, I must admit, I think redbull made the right decision, as cruel as it is, verstappen is already doing a better job in the time he has had so far.

Redbull would be very strong next season. Who knows they mightt be fighting for championship also. And it will be interesting to see how redbull manages their drivers. Will they let them fight or favour only one driver?

As for verstappen he has certainly impressed everyone. He is actually keeping ricci on check. Ricci has to pull off a blinder to come 3rd and he did . This battle is going to get interesting .

I just hope to god Ricciardo doesn't end up doing a webber and verstappen becomes like Vettel. Where webber was blindingly quick at the beginning but as time went on, fizzled away compared to vettel, just hope for Australians sake when push comes to shove, Ricciardo lives up to expectations. This is the time now to show everyone just how good he is.

I feel that ricci is going to fare well against max. When The fight for championship begins next year I am sure it's going to be certainly close. But how redbull manages them is Wat we have to wait and see.

Very true, I just hope they don't favour max more than dan as Max is the new Vettel, the new golden boy at redbull and they will do anything to please him as he is hot property. If that starts to happen I hope dan can hold his ground because of what your saying does happen next year and redbull can fight for the championship, you can bet your bottom dollar max is going to try stir some Sh!t like he did at TR to cause tension in the team to try get the garage to swing to his side more often.

Horner is already saying max is like vettel. Stupid strategy meant that ricci is not even on the podium. Ricci is already planning to leave the bulls?

Horner is already saying max is like vettel. Stupid strategy meant that ricci is not even on the podium. Ricci is already planning to leave the bulls?

No place for Ricci to go.

Since I was an avid supporter of kvyat and was dirty on his demotion, looking at the times compared to usual, I must admit, I think redbull made the right decision, as cruel as it is, verstappen is already doing a better job in the time he has had so far.

Yep same here...

Max drove an excellent race, defended like a pro, and deserves admiration from all sides, no doubt about it. However, what future holds for him, for that we have to wait, methinks. This weekend he was helped by circumstances, which really supported an occassion. We do not know that Kvyat would have folded. I am not his fan, but here Kvyat - just as DR - have eggs on their faces, yet we need more than just a one race to have confirmation of who is who.

Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age, but I can't shake the feeling that Red Bull (who let's face it love their stats and records) might have put Ricciardo onto the 3 stop strategy on purpose knowing that Ferrari and Vettel would follow suit, which then allowed Max Verstappen to win. It's got them way more headlines than a Ricciardo win would have that's for sure.

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure I am.

Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age, but I can't shake the feeling that Red Bull (who let's face it love their stats and records) might have put Ricciardo onto the 3 stop strategy on purpose knowing that Ferrari and Vettel would follow suit, which then allowed Max Verstappen to win. It's got them way more headlines than a Ricciardo win would have that's for sure.

The Lady is a troublemaker? lmavfa.gif

Max drove an excellent race, defended like a pro, and deserves admiration from all sides, no doubt about it. However, what future holds for him, for that we have to wait, methinks. This weekend he was helped by circumstances, which really supported an occassion. We do not know that Kvyat would have folded. I am not his fan, but here Kvyat - just as DR - have eggs on their faces, yet we need more than just a one race to have confirmation of who is who.

You have to grab the opportunity when it's there and boy did he do that.

Makes a hell of a lot of sense from a marketing standpoint. Like I said before, max is the new face of redbull, young to appeal to younger generation, easy to follow because of social media and he is fast, maybe redbull gave him a helping hand iam not sure but either way max drove extremely well.

Also opens up new sponsors, e.g. spot creams, condom manufacturers, alco-pops.... :)

Lol zit creams rofl.

I am not sure about being a gypsy, but not too many people are actually aware, that Max, until his 18th birthday, was a Belgian on his mother side. Despite his farther's brush with a law (the man is a rough diamond), apparently it is sorted out, and all family members are friends now. I am impressed with his linguistic abilities; I think I've counted once those already, and it's amazing. I am not sure if I have them all, but from what I overheard, and I am not sure how deep is his mastery of the subject, but it seems he can hold a conversation in German, French, Dutch, Flemish, and English...

I used to work with an old Dutch guy/Belgian and when he was younger he used to live next door to the verstappens in Belgium and Jos learnt how to drive in a studebaker as apparently his father was an American car mechanic, they had a big block of land and Jos would hammer the car round all day. He said they were a bunch of gypsies so weather or not they are iam not sure, just thought I would add it, but yeah I've know this old bloke for about 15 years he is a creditable source, loves his f1 and particularly bikes, he's seen agostini race several times and said to me that agostini was so dominant because halfway through the the first lap he would be half a lap ahead as his bike was so much better. But he used to tell me stories of when he used to go to the Belgian GP at spa in the 60s/70s and sit at Eau rouge and watch drivers legendary drivers almost get airborne over the crest.

A word "gypsy" is often use a generic term for people who do lead - mostly due to their work - a nomandic lifestyle. Original gypsies travel (or travelled?) a lot, very seldom stayed for too long, and this comparison somehow was born, yet it doesn't guarantees, that a person has necessarilly the genuine gypsy-heritage in him.

Dan Ric definitely has a completion in Max however, I feel that the win could have been for DanRic otherwise.

Max is really good as he has shown in Spain but I think over the next 2 more seasons DanRic will still be on the upper hand.