Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Verstappen Vs Ricciardo

The guy has melt down or what..? MV must have wiped his smile off.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricciardo-struggling-to-move-on-from-spanish-gp-frustration-738565/

Max didn't do jack, he would've finished behind him if redbull didn't go with such a bogus strategy. He had "preferred" strategy apparently as he was leading car and redbull AND Ferrari thought a 3 stop was faster but it turned out it wasn't. Then he was robbed an almost certain podium to top it off. Daniel didn't put a foot wrong and that's probably why he can't understand it.

Max didn't do jack, he would've finished behind him if redbull didn't go with such a bogus strategy. He had "preferred" strategy apparently as he was leading car and redbull AND Ferrari thought a 3 stop was faster but it turned out it wasn't. Then he was robbed an almost certain podium to top it off. Daniel didn't put a foot wrong and that's probably why he can't understand it.

Simple. Red Bull wanted to justify their Swap between Kyat and Max. They prefer that Max wins instead of Ric.

Regarding 3 stop strategy - should I then think, applying similar logic, that Ferrari wanted Kimi to win, and screw Vettel? Would anyone believe that? I think tire performance in the case of Ferrari made all the difference; it did not meet the expectations.

Regarding 3 stop strategy - should I then think, applying similar logic, that Ferrari wanted Kimi to win, and screw Vettel? Would anyone believe that? I think tire performance in the case of Ferrari made all the difference; it did not meet the expectations.

No, like i said in the above post, that redbull and Ferrari thought 3 stops was faster and it turned out it wasn't. That's what gave max the win, Ricciardo would've won if the 3 stop was faster or would've won with an even bigger margin if he went on a 2 stop.

Simple. Red Bull wanted to justify their Swap between Kyat and Max. They prefer that Max wins instead of Ric.

That will eventually happen but I don't think that's the case so early, redbull just like Ferrari stuffed up in strategy, just lucky another bull was behind or they would've thrown that win away all together.

No place for Ricci to go.

Ferrari would take him but he's going to be in the same situ. Leading a race and staying there is a comparatively easy task nowadays. You just let the other guy wreck his tyres trying to follow you. In fact, I expect nothing less from Verstappen, Sainz, K-Mag, Vandoorne or Kvyat. There are so few seats going spare now that most of the cream has risen to the top but MV could just as easily take himself and a few others out in a Turn 1 incident anywhere. That's where you need the experience of the older guy and shame on Hammy and Rosberg for their immature PS4 incident last time out. I am not dissing Max, just being cautious with my praise. He will spit the dummy out when things aren't going his way, mark my words. BTW, did anyone notice how quick the Hondas were in testing last week? I think they will have learned enough by the season end to build a mother of an engine for 2017.

But Ferrari would be a better option career wise, besides the obvious points, redbull don't hang onto drivers long so Ferrari would be the place to go and try lock in a decent contract. If massa could keep a seat there for so long getting the pathetic results he did, Iam sure dan would get a good deal but what would be in the contract if he partners Vettel than fascinates me. Will there be a clause to condemn racing each other or a number 2 position to Vettel?

What has Vettel done to anyone to be subjected constant accusation of preferential treatment, despite repeated denials of it by Ferrari management? Just like Michael said long time before, your position within, and how the team treats you, is totally dependable on your performance. It's utter nonsense to order a teammate to drive slow.

Who's accusing what? You read my post properly at all? Or just skim through it? Because I said it as a scenario. Man I want to live in this world everyone lives in where there is no conspiracies, no one is shafting no one and everything is roses, it must be paradise, to suggest Vettel or any other top driver wouldn't have some benefits tied into there contract is rediculous. And to think nothing suspicious between drivers at some point or rivalries or contract issues or favouriting one driver over another doesn't happen because it's moral wrong is a joke also.

Who's accusing what?

There is parallel thread running (Kvya is a ded man), and I gather yours is notion that Vettel received preferential treatment from Marko, and here, would have something to say whether DR would be equal or No.2 partner at Ferrari... Have I misunderstood the substance of it?

No no, I was just saying if he signed to Ferrari WOULD there be any juicy things in the contract to keep Vettel comfortable/safe.

Why on earth would anyone asked Vettel what contract should be signed between Ferrari and DR? I do not understand it. DR once said - I am not sure if Vettel would like it (him in Ferrari). That really p****d me off. DR should worry about his own deeds and leave Vettel's to Vettel. DR lost last year to Kvyat, and now he has MV to deal with. My guess is, he has enough on his plate, and once he is with Ferrari, if he thinks there will be another 2014 in repeat, than he better be ready for it, that's my advise.

You don't think Ferrari would put Vettel first before and when they sign other drivers? Dans attitude and behaviour is miles ahead of Seb at the same time in there careers. Seb used to be an absolute d!ck, now he has matured but whinges a hell of a lot, all you have to do is stick your nose up the inside and he looses it over the radio, it's like no one is allowed to pass him. Then after he sees the footage and realises he over reacted massively he comes back and sayes " I would've done the same thing" like wtf are you delusional or something? What boggles me mind is how people accepted sebs behaviour as normal, tell you what, if my son acted the way he used to while he was at redbull and how he carries on now, I'd flog him, disrespectful little brat, wants the respect but won't return it. Just my opinion, we don't have to like drivers, I don't like alonso but I think he is good. I know it comes down to being biased because dan is the nicest guy out there but is starting to get hammered why? Because he chose to say something for once? Others can all the time and get more respect than Ricciardo, it sucks, I just want to live in this fantasy world everyone here lives in, sounds beautiful.

You don't think Ferrari would put Vettel first before and when they sign other drivers?

It doesn't matter what I think. Arrivabene has been asked about this topic several times already (no sure what problem British media have), and his answer is always the same, namely, both drivers on his watch are equal in status. You have freedom to think of it whatever you wish, but so far I haven't detected any favoritism towards either of drivers, and I am not sure why we should think DR would be treated differently. BTW, I am not entirely pleased about your characterization of Vettel, which I perceived as selective, and rather excessive. DR in following days after Spain was anything but an adult, however perhaps I am more forgiving than you are.

Vettel used to carry on like a child back in the webber days, now he has matured on that front but gets upset if people have a go at him, then when he is confronted about it "its ok, I would've done the same", yeah that's right and he would've done the same as Kvyat in China also. That's just my opinion on him but I do like his sense of humour though, I think he has a good heart when it comes to that side of things. I don't see how Daniel being frustrated after Spain is anything but acting like a child, he didn't scream abusive language over the radio and say he's going home because it didn't work out for him like Vettel has done in the past, dans been trying to win a race for over a year now and had the chance, well no, had it in the bag but the strategy was wrong, then max jumps in strategy works a treat and wins of course he will be upset.

No, he's just gutted he had the win in the bag and it was taken away through no fault of his own. Then Max rocks up, ideal strategy and wins, cause you would be dirty, just the media has been waiting to jump on dan because he is easy to work with, any negative and they hope he will crash and burn, he's to strong for that, webber maybe, dan I don't think so.

Kimi fans can attack me but IMO, if it was Vettel charging Max in the end, Ferrari would have won.

heyjoe67_ferrari.gif

What's the difference between "gutted" and "whining", and please, do not tell me it depends on the source of those sounds (like one speaks English, and the other one German).

Gutted you feel depressed and negative while whining is just whinging and carrying on like a child, that's the difference.

Kimi fans can attack me but IMO, if it was Vettel charging Max in the end, Ferrari would have won.

heyjoe67_ferrari.gif

You mean Ricciardo would've if redbull didn't stuff the strategy? Would've been a redbull 1-2

You mean Ricciardo would've if redbull didn't stuff the strategy? Would've been a redbull 1-2

That too.

Gutted you feel depressed and negative while whining is just whinging and carrying on like a child, that's the difference.

I think you give DR too much benefit of doubt. I am not as charitable, and sounds to me that he does more whingeing after one event than Vettel in his whole career, TBH with you.