Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Monaco - Race. No. 6

FP1

Times on the board very seldom indicate how race will develop, and while I am fully cognizant of development nature of work on setup, I was (admittedly) expecting more. Basis for my misplaced optimism was all that hip hip after testing, yet gap is still 0,4 sec, and that might not be good at all. Mercedes guys have their own primacy within a team issues, thus from P3 getting between them might end up with very short race, and yes, under normal circumstances, first corner might decide the race here.

Interestingly enough, Kimi placed 10th in a speed trap with 288.2 km/hr, whereas Rosberg 1st with 290 km/hr. Seb was slower.

FP2

Ferrari seems to have tried all three tires in race mode - good pace, but I am yet to see Ferrari's qualification run. On ultrasoft tires RB was significantly a faster car. I would hope this was not a glory run from them on an empty tank.

The tire pressure issue seems suspect. Ferrari is doing something different from frontrunners.

Yep like I said, redbull will be very very quick here. Interesting thing, ricci 9 tenths faster than max. We don't know what simulations they were running but still a big gap. C'mon Danny.

Sebastian touched the wall, damaged his wing, and could not find rhythm and a clean lap. Scanning the times sheet, yep, that explains a lot.

Be interesting to see in qually when times will be more relevant.

Ferrari/Vettel

Today our focus was not towards ranking high up, we tried a couple of things and it is fair to say that some of them didn’t work.
So much was obvious, but that's part of life, and sometimes this can happen. I would be happier however, if such things are found between races, and there is time to set forth a different direction, thus next race we see improvement. Now, I fear, might be not enough time to try something else, because in FP3 we should be doing setup, and not validating new designs.

Its probably the best place to do it sakae because your not having to really "gamble" or guess setup around Monaco, you know your already going to have to run maximum downforce. See it's this lack of testing now that puts Ferrari on the back foot because they have to try rectify issues at practice from previous races like wtf. Should be done before the next race like the old days, how is it possible to make double the ground now in 3 days? Idiots.

Verstappen said the other day, that trick is to stay away from walls. The truth is, sometimes tricks do not pan out as we want them.

Nice pole from Ricciardo.

Too bad Red Bull will have him, Sainz, and Kvyat start from pit lane on demand from Verstappen. ;)

Ferrari is faltering. It may be better car than in 2015, but not good enough. Tires simply do not work for them.

Seb was on the radio towards end of Q3 - Ok, box, the car just got worse. Expletive...

Come on seb. You are hired to make the car better. You are supposed to be an awesomatic driver. How did the car get worse without you knowing? Lol

Track temperatures, surface grip - tires have very narrow optimal operating window, and the red car is not working well with those changes.

RBR budget, as far as public understands, is spend on the car, nothing on engines, yet it is about of the same magnitude with Ferrari, a team, with a portion of budget allocated also on the engine development. That explains why perhaps RB' research into chassis is more intensive and successful. Over decades Renault proved that they will recover, and they will do quite nicely. Future seems daunting for Ferrari men.

Ferrari has its back against the wall. They tested remedial work in Spain, issues were identified, some corrected, and today we see - not much really was gained, and more work is waiting for them ahead. Tomorrow race is not to be.

Fact is, Maranello will have to ask, whether Allison is a right man. There were excuses of investment, old guard, engine, wind tunnel, this and that, now tires...

Please stop it!

motorsport.com - Seb disagrees with me.

"I don't think we are as far behind as it looks, I think we had a crack at pole today but not if we don't extract the best out of ourselves. The car is quick, no doubt, and we started well this morning [when he topped FP3] – Thursday we were on the wrong foot.

"Nothing special that the people in front have done that we could not have done – but we didn't do it, so there is the problem."

Well he's wrong, the closer you get to the barriers the faster you'll be as all the grip is on the inside.

Ohhhh Ricciardo on pole

Merc goes backwards

giphy.gif

Told ya redbull would be quick.

Well he's wrong, the closer you get to the barriers the faster you'll be as all the grip is on the inside.

Who is wrong, about what, and what are you talking about?

Dw wrong thread, Ricciardo looks good tomorrow, setting his time on the soft instead of the super soft or ultra soft or whatever like the Mercedes so he can run longer in the first stint tomorrow. Providing he gets a good start and everything goes to plan, he has this in the bag, it's a sure win.

This sucks guys, people want to post in other threads yet only one person has mentioned ricciardo's first pole position. Are people here that biased towards who they support they can't even congratulate him on something like this. This place is getting worse and worse. Why because it's not kimi or Seb, it's not worth the effort by the looks of it.

hey I say WELL DONE RICCI.......... and did you notice that Rosberg shook Ricci's hand but not that sour faced a##hole Hammy...what a looser

I expect that of Lewis now, and he wonders why he feels "outside" when it comes to comradery amongst other drivers, he does it to himself. IMO at the end of the day when it's all said and done Hamilton may have won championships but he won't be remembered as a true champion IMO. His attitude has distroyed that.