Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Monaco - Race. No. 6

Verstappen doesn't really won't to admit it was a driver mistake without being coaxed by the interviewer. He claims he wasn't on the limit otherwise he would've locked up and went straight on the run off. He still would've locked up anyway if he was over braking but he wasn't, he simply turned in a tad to early and coming out the swimming pool the way he did I don't think he was that far of as quick as he can go through there anyway. Just made a simple mistake and the extra excuse wasn't needed when it's apparent that wasn't the case. Hope he can do well in the race but here's what he said anyway.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/566994/I_should_have_been_on_the_limit__Verstappen/

In Ferrari camp - from information released we are learning, that issues in Spain were to a large extend corrected during testing that followed. Issues in Monaco are of a different kind, new - sort off. To me it sounds like the car setup is excessively sensitive to the temperature of tires. I should add, Ferrari race strategist aren't jackpot either; the manner how they are releasing drivers for qualifying hot laps seems pretty amateurish.

Why is there always excuses? They simply just weren't fast enough.

I don't look at it as an excuse, but explanation why they were slower during qualifying than in FP3. It is an explanation of a cause (lack of track adhesion destabilizing the car), and an effect (being slow). It seems pretty straight forward talk. Kimi got held up on his hot lap. These are issues popping up during racing, and fans discussing it. Nothing wrong with that, as far as I am concerned. Dropping from P1 during FP3 to P4 during qulifying certainly could use little more explanation, than just a simple dismisal - "you are slow".

Kimi got held up? Well I'll be damned what goes around comes around hey? What explanation you need? Ohh that's right, your favourite doesn't make driver mistakes does he? Lol Ferrari are starting to slip behind redbull, the fact Ricciardo set his pole lap on the harder tyre, doesn't that suggest anything to you? Sorry for being so arrogant but it's always an excuse as to why Ferrari didn't perform, iam a Mclaren and a alonso fan but iam sick of hearing how good there chassis is and there is no to little improvement on track but at least I can admit that, Ferrari fans seem like they can't.

Both drivers were independently of each other confirming, that cars were sliding. Be assured if Seb commits mistakes, Arrivabene is first in the front of microphones to say that. (In contrast to some other TPs). This time, there was nothing. You strive on lowering Vettel's stature as a racer regardless of circumstances, regardless of facts, any conjecture will do. I wonder why...

Kimi never complained, nor flipping a bird to anyone. It has been merely noticed by people at the track side, that he, while on a hot lap, met people lining up for their hot lap, which slowed him down, of course. That's all. No hysterical whining in FP, no whining in qualification, nothing of that kind.

And your just like any typical Vettel fan, fail to see the posts that admit his achievements and how good he is and only focus on the negative comments and take the comments to heart even though there not even directed at you, I don't see the issue with expressing different opinions, do you? Why you bringing Vettel into this anyway, I didn't mention him specifically did I? Just jumping to conclusions once again and telling ME what iam thinking,feeling,what iam watching and reading oh and my own opinion. You need to get out of vettels bed and start looking at things in a more unbiased way and stop imediatly thinking everything is an attack on Vettel.

Warring fans is nothing new in the sport. If you insist to know, I have DR's fans in my face day-in-day-out since 2013. Before that there were other clans (Kubica/Polish some of the worst), and before that, in Schumacher times, yet other groups. It is painful experience, and enough is enough. On one forum I've noticed almost all Vettel's fans, shouted down and out, left the forum for good. Critiquing Webber, Hamilton, Button, Alonso, or DR is big no-no there, unless of course you wish to be a marked man (ignoramus, idiot, trolling, etc.). Makes one wonder about age of some of those people. Rest assured that after following Vettel since his early days when Kubica declared him is not enough for the F1, I am cognizant of most of strengths and weaknesses of my driver, and learnt to live with it.

Where's these Ricciardo fans your talking about? As I live in Australia and I can't find any, f1 isn't a sport in Australia, it's either cricket or football, so please I'd love to meet more Ricciardo fans. How long you followed Vettel for? I started watching and hearing about him in the formula BMW series back in 2004. Actually I've seen him race at a kart event earlier but I can't remember when. But anyway I think I've watched enough of him to make a fair assumption based on an individual opinion.

About the same - since his BMW (my team) days. It was then, when I became aware that he was a protégé of Michael Schumacher. BTW it was MS, who prompted Ferrari to get SV on their watch list.

But anyway back to what the thread is titled, it's raining heavily there and there goes Daniels tyre advantage. Just hope he is quick in the wet and is able to keep the a gap to the Mercedes. That's providing he gets out of turn one still ahead don't need no Mark Webber start today.

Vettel has 3 cars, all not very easy, to overcome on the track. It is not going to be easy.

Two fnn races in a row redbull stuff Ricciardo, don't they want him to win a race or something? How the fvck can you grab the wrong tyres.

Kvyat - eternal optimist on inside diving. Many praised him for these idiotic moves. Well, Magnussen this time did not yield.

I do realize that getting stuck in traffic is part of racing, but Perez and Massa jointly really managed to screw Vettel's race in here. Perez kept his upper hand, Massa blend into oblivion.

Alonso after the installation lap confirmed what Ferrari drivers stated about their cars, that his tires were lacking even minimal traction.

Ferrari strategy group needs Rivola back and take charge of track operations. This is impossible to go on like that.

Great race to watch. Red Bull will surely demote Ricciardo to Toro Rosso to replace Kvyat for daring to hang onto the car so well while Verstappen crashed twice in a weekend.

Man, Ricciardo's sideways moment, what a show. What a show. I love that. They fight so hard for every inch at Monaco. You have to be good here. No room for clumsiness. You see who really is good.

Interesting to have four different power units in the top five today.

Sauber's moment was hilarious. Giedo van der Garde's tweet in response to it was even better.

I enjoyed this one a lot. Onto the Indy 500.

Fringing so dirty on redbull, two races in a row dan should've won now and he hasn't won one. What blows my mind is like dan said, the team told him to box yet they weren't even ready like wtf is that crap? Iam not saying the race is rigged but if it was, it couldn't be done any better than that. To rub salt in the wounds, people are going to come out a say how arrogant he is. How happy is Lewis now? Congratulating dan and Sergio, he did drive really well but yesterday he couldn't even be bothered shaking dans hand on his maiden pole, now he has what he wanted, he wants to play nice? Typical w@nker, like I said I can't take the win away from him as he drove really well to make the strategy work from wets to dries but I can't stand his whole personality change all the time, he knows he got lucky today.

Ferrari weren't fast enough sakae.

Maybe, maybe not. What I am certain is, that Ferrari was something faster than results shows. We have repeat of questionable strategy, and anyone who monitored data screen must have seen, that Vettel was over both, Massa and Perez within 3 meters, but could not safely overtake those two cars. (Neither could Hamilton overtake Vettel in 2015, or RB could not do that to Hamilton in this race, despite him being on worn tires).

Didn't Hamilton taken shortcut in turn 14? OK, he did not gained position, but still, no protest, nothing..? Seb took the same shortcut (overshot corner) on Massa, but returned gained position back to Massa.

Kvyat - eternal optimist on inside diving. Many praised him for these idiotic moves. Well, Magnussen this time did not yield.

Magneussen should have moved to one side a few corners before, he was all over the place, he went wide at Tabac, slow at the swinning pool, wide on the entry of Rascasse, from the outside it looked as if he had some rather serious problems and should have left enough room for the others (not only Kvyat) to pass him