Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Monaco - Race. No. 6

Maybe, maybe not. What I am certain is, that Ferrari was something faster than results shows. We have repeat of questionable strategy, and anyone who monitored data screen must have seen, that Vettel was over both, Massa and Perez within 3 meters, but could not safely overtake those two cars. (Neither could Hamilton overtake Vettel in 2015, or RB could not do that to Hamilton in this race, despite him being on worn tires).

sure they should have been further ahead, but the same applies to Rosberg, under normale circumstances he should have been significantly faster than the Ferraris, and the same applies to Verstappen who had an appaling week end, the RBR is now a singificantly better car than the Ferrari. And good old Perez was able to match Vettel's times, it's not as if he blocked him for the whole race, very often Perez managed to pull away from Vettel. I agree that Ferrari's strategy was awful but I wonder how come that you excpect anything else from them

Good to have you back, Publius. So, what's new in your corner of woods on subject of Arri and his people? I am obviously having difficulty to accept some of their strategy decisions.

Maybe, maybe not. What I am certain is, that Ferrari was something faster than results shows. We have repeat of questionable strategy, and anyone who monitored data screen must have seen, that Vettel was over both, Massa and Perez within 3 meters, but could not safely overtake those two cars. (Neither could Hamilton overtake Vettel in 2015, or RB could not do that to Hamilton in this race, despite him being on worn tires).

Just a dismal weekend for Ferrari and such a shame to, hopefully they bounce back for Canada so that we have three teams able to run at the front. Seb did bloody well but not to put it in the wall at the top of the hill didnt he? I thought once he snatched the wheel he was gone, good save. See sakae, I do praise whoever if it was whatever they did that deserves praise.

does anyone know what was so obviously wrong with Rosberg's car? ok he couldn't put enought ermperature into those tyres, that I understand, but why? it's not as if he suddenly forgot how to drive a car, there must have been something very wrong with it

Good to have you back, Publius. So, what's new in your corner of woods on subject of Arri and his people? I am obviously having difficulty to accept some of their strategy decisions.

the guys at the back of the garages are always the same, they haven't changed in years, they can only crunch the numbers, not a single one of them has any proper understanding of racing, they only understand numbers

Maybe setup issues with tyres possibly, because if your setup is slightly off to your driving style, they car will struggle to not only get heat into the tyres but maintain it as the chassis and particularly in f1 the body work, won't "pitch and roll" like it should to create the heat and maintain it, that's one possibility and another is he struggled with wet setup but once it dried out he was always in traffic and just could t do anything really. I just can't think straight as Ian still mind blown over rwdbulls second race in a row they've thrown away for ricci.

does anyone know what was so obviously wrong with Rosberg's car? ok he couldn't put enought ermperature into those tyres, that I understand, but why? it's not as if he suddenly forgot how to drive a car, there must have been something very wrong with it

His was the impression that tire performance suddenly dropped. (re: post race interview).

Wouldve been such a difficult race in terms of what tyre to be on at the right time.

the guys at the back of the garages are always the same, they haven't changed in years, they can only crunch the numbers, not a single one of them has any proper understanding of racing, they only understand numbers

Why was Jock Clear hired then? I am under impression that not only Rivola, but even Allison called better strategy shots.

This race is a race in which Pirelli product played a prominent role in race result, and based on comments we heard from more than five racers, I am not impressed.

What? It's arrivabene who has the last word on strategy.

Arri is not qualified to make strategy calls, just as Todt was not qualified to make such calls during his Ferrari tenure.

Wtf? Who do you think made the calls when brawn left, before todt left for the fia job? Because brawn left before todt did.

Seb almost lost it at the end as well. I bet that he is breathing again, relived, that this weekend is over.

Poor baby.meh.png

in fairness he's got a very solid point, he had to relinquis the vicotory in Spain for what is suspiciously looking like some mild form of team orders, then today they made such a mistake that one can understand why he feels so upset

A good race and result for any Hamilton fan today, which keeps the door for the WDC open, and not closed for Lewis. Dan had made me a nervous wreck today because of his pace all weekend, and foul up not necessarily caused by the mechanics during a pit stop, cost him a probable race win. Many have said that Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso are the top drivers on the F1 scene today, but imo Daniel Ricciardo now has joined that group.

in fairness he's got a very solid point, he had to relinquis the vicotory in Spain for what is suspiciously looking like some mild form of team orders, then today they made such a mistake that one can understand why he feels so upset

Compare:

Vettel - team has done a good job, but I failed them, because I did not managed to overtake Massa. My problem.

DR - my team screw me, depriving me of victory, and I ended up in P2

I am sort of with Vettel on this, despite that some (or at least one) of our colleagues in here thinks that Vettel is whining too much.

A good race and result for any Hamilton fan today, which keeps the door for the WDC open, and not closed for Lewis. Dan had made me a nervous wreck today because of his pace all weekend, and foul up not necessarily caused by the mechanics during a pit stop, cost him a probable race win. Many have said that Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso are the top drivers on the F1 scene today, but imo Daniel Ricciardo now has joined that group.

Ohh look who makes an appearance. The person who only contributes when Hamilton does well. We don't need to hear your fanboy rant, you've been Mia since Melbourne first Lewis win and your back, typical.

Compare:

Vettel - team has done a good job, but I failed them, because I did not managed to overtake Massa. My problem.

DR - my team screw me, depriving me of victory, and I ended up in P2

I am sort of with Vettel on this, despite that some (or at least one) of our colleagues in here thinks that Vettel is whining too much.

Vettel wasn't leading, Vettel wasn't leading in Spain either and both times redbull screwed dan and people here are upset he is showing some emotion after he should've won his second successive race and he can't get upset? What's wrong with you guys? If sakae could get the word Vettel out anymore times I think I am going to scream. Omg I can't believe people are upset with dan, wtf do you guys want? A friggin robot? You whinge when the races are boring, you. Whinge when hamilton always used to win, you had everything in this race and all people want to do is kick dan while his down and allowing personal intrests affect a realistic comment I really can't believe what I am reading from some people, talk about being sore losers geez. Wtf sakae what has dan got to apologise for? He drove the wheels of that car all weekend, why can't he express how he feels? Least he didn't lie like Seb in China and blame a car that didn't even hit him for causing an accident, don't get me started, you have to just congratulate drivers on good results and not look for excuses to compare to vettels own bad luck, is this tit for tat or something?

yep Lewis drove a very good race but he did not win it.......... RB lost it for Ricci..

Vettel wasn't leading, Vettel wasn't leading in Spain either and both times redbull screwed dan and people here are upset he is showing some emotion after he should've won his second successive race and he can't get upset? What's wrong with you guys? If sakae could get the word Vettel out anymore times I think I am going to scream. Omg I can't believe people are upset with dan, wtf do you guys want? A friggin robot? You whinge when the races are boring, you. Whinge when hamilton always used to win, you had everything in this race and all people want to do is kick dan while his down and allowing personal intrests affect a realistic comment I really can't believe what I am reading from some people, talk about being sore losers geez. Wtf sakae what has dan got to apologise for? He drove the wheels of that car all weekend, why can't he express how he feels? Least he didn't lie like Seb in China and blame a car that didn't even hit him for causing an accident, don't get me started, you have to just congratulate drivers on good results and not look for excuses to compare to vettels own bad luck, is this tit for tat or something?

A driver should never slag off his team like that. Using words like screwed. Sub par.

We are getting good races from F1. Apparently all that was needed was for Renault to get its act together and finally provide good engines. Just a few observations:

1. What happened with Rosberg? I assume mechanical as nothing else really explains it.

2. DR was unlucky but drove a great race.

3. Lewis was lucky but drove a great race.

4. Next race is Montreal, a power circuit. Waiting to see if Ferrari has lost the thread for this season. Do Williams have anything left in the tank? I think we will know in two weeks.

5. Sergio Perez remains a really unappreciated driver even if he is kind of a d#ck. He is probably one of the ten best drivers in the field and certainly deserves a better ride.

6. I saw Nasr at fault in that accident, although Ericson was impetuous.

7. Next race DR and Verstoppen will have the same engines. Interesting to see who ends up ahead.

Looking forward to the next race. Is it to late to buy tickets and drive up there?