Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Monaco - Race. No. 6

I can understand your displeasure, especially when Lewis beat your Danny.

You only come here so people can see YOUR comments and then jet without engaging in a conversation that doesn't involve Lewis. It's like you get excited but no one will listen to you so you join a forum just to get it out. Like already mentioned, lewis didn't win, he drove well but got bloody lucky and he knows it, if redbull didn't screw up for the second race in a row, it would've been dans second win in a row.

A driver should never slag off his team like that. Using words like screwed. Sub par.

He did get screwed, twice now, he should've won the last two races. Especially when you do everything right and then the team calls you in and screws it up. If kimi ever gets a shot at winning another race and this happens, you may know how it feels.

We are getting good races from F1. Apparently all that was needed was for Renault to get its act together and finally provide good engines. Just a few observations:

1. What happened with Rosberg? I assume mechanical as nothing else really explains it.

2. DR was unlucky but drove a great race.

3. Lewis was lucky but drove a great race.

4. Next race is Montreal, a power circuit. Waiting to see if Ferrari has lost the thread for this season. Do Williams have anything left in the tank? I think we will know in two weeks.

5. Sergio Perez remains a really unappreciated driver even if he is kind of a d#ck. He is probably one of the ten best drivers in the field and certainly deserves a better ride.

6. I saw Nasr at fault in that accident, although Ericson was impetuous.

7. Next race DR and Verstoppen will have the same engines. Interesting to see who ends up ahead.

Looking forward to the next race. Is it to late to buy tickets and drive up there?

Agree with this post 100%

He did get screwed, twice now, he should've won the last two races. Especially when you do everything right and then the team calls you in and screws it up. If kimi ever gets a shot at winning another race and this happens, you may know how it feels.

wow man, you need some perspective!

FI had also a good day, and it will be interesting to see, whether they will carry momentum forward. Monaco might be slightly misleading track, but Perez was impressive yet again.

Tyres were back in the garage. Come on . Wat an idiotic excuse. They have robbed his victory twice now. Of course he is disappointed. He drove so well throughout the weekend and was supposed to be on top of the podium. His team mate was no where with his stupid mistakes. And the team says that he is a great driver. Lol. Redbull is becoming a joke.

Never the less a great race. Lewis was amazing too. Happy for him after terrible luck. He needed some luck too . Alonso 5th. Yayyyy.

Compare:

Vettel - team has done a good job, but I failed them, because I did not managed to overtake Massa. My problem.

DR - my team screw me, depriving me of victory, and I ended up in P2

I am sort of with Vettel on this, despite that some (or at least one) of our colleagues in here thinks that Vettel is whining too much.

it's not as if we do not realise that Ferrari did an awful job, I think that Vettel is a great guy but that statement is so obviously inaccurate that IMHO he should have kept quiet. And don't forget that it's the second race in a row that the pit wall screws Ricciardo, and what happened yesterday is beyond belief, I don't think that Mateschitz is much happier that Ricciardo with the team, they made a massive mistake and lost the race

it's not as if we do not realise that Ferrari did an awful job, I think that Vettel is a great guy but that statement is so obviously inaccurate that IMHO he should have kept quiet. And don't forget that it's the second race in a row that the pit wall screws Ricciardo, and what happened yesterday is beyond belief, I don't think that Mateschitz is much happier that Ricciardo with the team, they made a massive mistake and lost the race

I actually agree with you, and harsh tone on my part was deliberate to shed light on life of drivers who do speak their mind, demonstrating clearly that Vettel is not alone with his "whining" as some alleging. I wonder however how Arri feels today. RB is not alone. Both teams bear heavy burden from Monaco. RB has lost chances of win, plus three cars damaged, Ferrari lost a car, and this is just one more race which was less than clean. More bad news for Arri and his people, "me too" crowd which was behind them, might be now next to them. This is going to be a difficult year.

If I was Dan i would be furious. 2x in a row isn't acceptable. First RB gave it Max, now to Lewis.

What a c#ckup icon2_yuk.gif

Tyres were back in the garage. Come on . Wat an idiotic excuse. They have robbed his victory twice now. Of course he is disappointed. He drove so well throughout the weekend and was supposed to be on top of the podium. His team mate was no where with his stupid mistakes. And the team says that he is a great driver. Lol. Redbull is becoming a joke.

Never the less a great race. Lewis was amazing too. Happy for him after terrible luck. He needed some luck too . Alonso 5th. Yayyyy.

Yeah it was bs, considering the team told him to box and they still couldn't sort there sh17 out. Makes you wonder with two mistakes in two races that cost one of there drivers certain victory in both, how they won 4 titles when they can't even sort one stop out.

How is realistic needing some perspective.

Well I watched Kimi get robbed of 1, maybe 2, WDCs because his car kept blowing up. I also watched him leading Monaco for the Mercedes to explode again. So a couple of races is nothing. Dan has plenty of time and doesnt have championship winning hardware yet. See if his bad luck continues for another 2 years then you'll really know how it feels!

Honestly I am as angry as you are, I was really rooting for him, but you need to be loyal and some of his comments were less than professional. Make disparaging comments to other drivers, and other teams, but dont ever publicly attack your own.

Kimi on the other hand drove like a f&cking n00b and deserves to lose his seat. Pathetic.

You make some good points, as for kimi, what happened there you think?

Tires were one of the major stories of the race. You could see several incidents in which drivers were just passengers. Vettel too had close call in final laps of the race, and with respect to Massa, he felt that any attempt to overtake him on his intermediates could end up skidding into wall. RB chassis and tires were working well together.

You make some good points, as for kimi, what happened there you think?

Arri: Kimi dosen't like this track. Never did.

Get over it. He drivers well elsewhere.

Wtf? I am asking a question, chill out man geez.

Wtf? I am asking a question, chill out man geez.

Hold on, read the interview with Arri. That's his view!!

No idea man, seriously, i mean wtf was up with that.

Maybe he caught one of the painted areas or those areas they blacked out, they would be slippery as hell, look at palmer, he dropped it on the straight running over a ped crossing. Kimi should've stopped sooner though instead of dragging debris all over the line.

Calm down children. In a race like yesterdays' conditions sort the men out from the boys. There was no barrier scraping from Lewis, Nando, Jens, Sainz, Ric and Chico. It just so happens that I think these six are probably the best racing drivers out there at the moment. The rest blow hot and cold unless they are driving the perfect car and in a couple of cases lack the skills for the job. The Ric must and will move. It's going to be Team Verstappen before long and that will end his career. Kvyat's mistakes were minor compare to MV's impetuous c#ck-ups and he needs to get into a Renault rapidly. You can smell the manure every time you walk past the RBR garage these days and Daniel needs to get out of there - now!

here's my very own race review. All in all it was an interesting race, it's a pity that the race started behind the SC because either the track is safe and so the race should start at the green light or if it's not safe they should just wait. And I also happene to believe that often strating with the SC on a wet track is more dangerous than starting from the grid as the cars get to the first corner at a significantly higher speed and with cold tyres and brakes. Having said that

Hamilton - good race from him, nothing particularly impressive but he didn't make any major mistake

Ricciardo - he should have won the race, there's no other way of putting it, he had to win, his car was so much better than the rest and he drove very well. It's a pity that the pit wall made such a colossal mistake. At RBR they are always very vocal when one of their partners doesn't live up to their expectations (see Renault, Kvyat, etc) so they should take on the chin any criticism, they deserve any criticism because they have robbed Ricciardo of two victories in two races, that is not acceptable, yesterday they didn't have to make a favour to Bernie, yesterday they just lost the race. It's quite a miracle that Ricciardo managed to finish the race with those tyres, his front left was very much gone

Perez - stunning drive from him, he was still very fast towards the end of the race, IMHO in terms of pure talent he's one of the very best out there, I don't quite understand why people say that he's difficult to work with, that is not the impression that you get when listening people from Force India talking about him

Vettel - with that car he couldn't make much better, or he could have done something better if his strategy had been called by someone from another team, someone for example that would have checked for trffic before calling him in for his pit stop

Alonso - great race, I'm glad that he's progressive, it seems that when he smeels a good points result his senses awaken and he delivers results that are much better than what his car deserves

Hulkneberg - nothing to write home about here, he was behind Rosberg for most of the race, and only managed to pass him thanks to Rosberg's misfortunes

Rosberg - there was something seriously wrong with his car, I don't think that it was something to do with his set up because he was slow in the wet as well as in the dry. I would look into his electric engine or transmission for a reason why he was so slow. In the end his car was undriveable, you just have to look at how bad it was behaving on the main straight

Sainz - another great race from him, I really hope that he can find a better car for next season

Raikkonen - embarassing

Verstappen - he had a fantastic car, he should have done so much better

thanks Sakae for your nice words, it's worthwhile to come here because there are a lot of very interesting opinions

Anyway I forgot to mention one thing: what a lurid move by Hamilton on Ricciardo out of the chicane... in Spain he has been complaining because Rosberg closed him the door and what does good old Lewis do on the first occasion? he puts Riccoardo against the barriers...

And I've found an interesting article on why Rosberg had to let him through, baby Lewis is throwing his toys out of the pram once again, either they have him win no matter what or he threatened to leave Mercedes

http://it.motorsport...ercedes-741867/