Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Monaco - Race. No. 6

I find rather distracting from good racing all that mass hysteria surounding RB and Mercedes drivers. It's out of hands, and not very healthy.

Lewis had to chop across dan otherwise dan was gone, was is acceptable? Probably not but what is these days when it comes to penalty or not, the inconsistencies in there judgement is was causes all the hysteria. Like I mentioned before, with a botched strategy taking away a certain win in Spain, you would think every aspect of a pitstop would've been gone over it with a fine tooth comb and yet to still make a mistake like that. Then to say his tyres were "tapped" in the garage, how bloody unprofessional is that? Like a kid rummaging through his toy box to find his favourite toy.

The stewards probably let it go as it's not worth seeing another Lewis sook display like Monaco last year.

now this was a faster pit stop the ricci's

The stewards probably let it go as it's not worth seeing another Lewis sook display like Monaco last year.

Fans world-wide were treated to Ricciardo's demonstration of a sook display this year at Monaco, instead of Hamilton.

I know that this will interest some, and the comments made by Damon Hill regarding Sunday's race at Monaco.

Damon felt that Lewis's performance in a way reminded him of aspects of Ayrton Senna drive at Donnington in 1993

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10299442/lewis-hamiltons-2016-monaco-win-among-his-best-says-damon-hill

Fans world-wide were treated to Ricciardo's demonstration of a sook display this year at Monaco, instead of Hamilton.

I know that this will interest some, and the comments made by Damon Hill regarding Sunday's race at Monaco.

Damon felt that Lewis's performance in a way reminded him of aspects of Ayrton Senna drive at Donnington in 1993

http://www.skysports...says-damon-hill

Hamilton was being rattled by Ricciardo in the wet as well as in the dry, not the other way 'round, and he could only pass his team mate once Rosberg duly moved to one side. I accept that Hamilton is possibly the most talented driver of his generation, but what he did last Sunday was nothing to write home about

https://youtu.be/AxqmgQk0Oso

Hamilton should have been penalized (and wasn't) in Monaco.

Rule is, postulated by Whiting, that a lead car must leave a sufficient space, on the straight, when the car that follows has front wheel in alignment with rear wheel. Video shows that RB was in relative position which satisfied the rule of engagement. I am not sure that Hamilton however actually realized that RB was that far and reacted late to narrow the gap.

Hamilton was being rattled by Ricciardo in the wet as well as in the dry Sunday was nothing to write home about

I wouldn't say that either Lewis or Daniel were being rattled by each other, and Damon Hill doesn't make the comparison between Senna and Hamilton lightly. If Hamilton was being rattled by Ricciardo, he wouldn't have been able to finish 7.2 seconds ahead of Daniel at the finish line.

I liked Lewis's comments regarding Daniel during the post race interview conducted by Martin Brundle, which showed how much respect that he has for him. Hamilton understood how he felt losing a race after starting from pole position, because of a pit stop foul up. Lewis was right when he said that he was looking forward to many more battles with Ricciardo, and he will surely get that if Red Bull is more competitive. " Daniel can be proud at the way he drove" as Hamilton said.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10299442/lewis-hamiltons-2016-monaco-win-among-his-best-says-damon-hill

Damon wouldn't say that because he's English right? Dan wasn't faster than Lewis? That's why Lewis had to cut him of otherwise dan was gone and you know that. That's why Lewis stayed on that only set of slicks because the race was gone otherwise, I can't see how a well timed strategy call can be used in any reference to ayrtons drive in donington, least he did it on his own. Tell me something? You gonna hang around or disappear now and post in another 8 races when Lewis wins again? See how Lewis the sook wouldn't even shake dans hand on Saturday after his maiden pole but once he won and got what he wanted again, all was roses, congratulating dan and saying he's the best driver out there. Not a w@nker one bit is he? You don't think dan had a right to feel that way after loosing two succesve races? Imagine what Lewis would've done, he was crying in the fast car he had, imagine if he had to drive dans car, he would be slitting his wrists. Now I'll be very surprised if you reply to this because you've done so far exactly what I've told others you would do. You know there a "I hate Lewis Hamilton" page on Facebook, I know it's not what you want to hear but maybe you should have a look, might do you good than seeing Lewis in the tunnel vision you do now. Do you know much about Lewis? Like could you rattle of his stats or tell me his life story or where his aw suposidly comes from or you like him because he is cool?

Posted by Scipio: Ricciardo - ....At RBR they are always very vocal when one of their partners doesn't live up to their expectations (see Renault, Kvyat, etc).....>>

There are many reasons I have never warmed to Red Bull (and have never bought one of their drinks yet). This is one of them....they are major league jerks when someone else is not as perfect as they think they are. Yet, they just threw two race wins for DR.

Anyhow, hope they have two new engines for Canada....so we can see the DR vs Verstappen duel play out. What if Verstappen is not as fast as DR, and Kvyat is faster than Sainz?

<<Perez - stunning drive from him, he was still very fast towards the end of the race, IMHO in terms of pure talent he's one of the very best out there, I don't quite understand why people say that he's difficult to work with, that is not the impression that you get when listening people from Force India talking about him>>

Well, McLaren did dump him after one season for a weaker driver. I gather that was do to his "p**siness." Maybe he has matured in the last year or two, but every interview I ever saw with him everything was everyone else's fault. Great driver......but.......

Trying to imagine him working at Ferrari.

well Massa lasted a longtime and he has a habit for blaming everyone but himself, might fit in quite nicely lol.

Well, Verstappen does have a new engine for Canada....so now we get to see how well he competes with DR. I guess I should be on the other thread (Canada).