Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Kvyat Thinks He Would've Beaten Ricciardo Again

What is with this attitude of his lately? Talk about being upset, not the way to go when your previous employer who let you go is still your employer now.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/566294/Kvyat_I_would_have_beaten_Ricciardo/

I think Iam starting to agree with th others on here, his attitude now will finish him, his gone at the end of the year.

C'mon WebRic, you wrote this article didnt you...........

"The Russian outscored Ricciardo in 2015 by three points, however it must be taken into account that the Australian had reliability issues – especially during the latter stages of the season, where the Russian was able to capitalize."

No I didn't, just prooves Iam not the only one with common sense hey? Lmao.

Ohh btw spiral I just picked up a 1998 turbo r33 skyline with 184k on clock, immaculate interior and motor, body needs a little love but no rust, goes hard all for 6k. Body needs a little work as paint faded and a few dings but a new paint job will fix that and I will still come under the price to buy a reasonable one, I think I stole it.

In my mind three factors played a role in the result. Good defense by RB, condition of tires, and awareness that Max, due to his rookie status with that equipment, he might had been less tolerant and handle the overtaking situation not too well when a red car dived-in (in true RBR kamikaze style). Max however also could have, of course, surprised us even more than he has already, but fact is, we will never know. Good reason why I would rather not speculate along those lines.

One thing I did notice with Max though is his ability to stretch the tyre life while still maintaining good performance, very smooth, very similar style to Button.

gone faster

So have I lol, but for what it is I got a bargain plus these motors are quite cheap to extract big power out of. Doesn't handle no where near as good as my wrx, I didn't expect it to as the wrx is constant all wheel drive but the stock suspension in the skyline is horrid. Plus the wrx has coilovers and strut braces but from going from that to a stock suspension skyline, I don't know how people can drive with so much body roll, I feel like Iam lubed up with vasoline and sliding around in a bath tub, the rear is so floaty, the car almost feels to top heavy but since I did the suspension mods on my wrx seems my senses are more refined to picking up this movement as it feels un normal for me.

I think that Kvyat is very good and I don't see why he shouldn't have beaten Ricciardo this year as well, Ricciardo has a fantastic attitude but in fairness in terms of raw talent Kvyat is not bad, on the contrary IMHO he has a lot of potential. Re his attitude I just don't get all the flack that this poor guy has taken in the last few weeks: when he hit Vettel the first time it was not his fault and all he did was what a racing driver is supposed to do, in Russia I think that it was very unlucky that he hit Vettel twice but IMHO he couldn't have avoided the second one. He gets into a Toro Rosso and straight out of the box sets the fastest lap of his first race with the new car (after he had to sit for very long behind a slower Ricciardo otherwise he would have been able to finish higher up that 10th), what is he supposed to do? disappear? He's there to do a job and what he has done so far is not bad at all. I think that the guy deserves to be praised for how he handled a very difficult situation (that had nothing to do with his in car performance)

Vettel, and associated recent incidents, were not the only Kvyat's problems. RBR's inter-scheming is, and I am not right now sure if it is end of it. His subsequent (minor) indiscretion when talking to media about RBR wasn't best strategy available to him, but he let himself go anyway. I can imagine that he is under enormous stress right now. It will be interesting where he will drive in 2017.

I think that Kvyat is very good and I don't see why he shouldn't have beaten Ricciardo this year as well, Ricciardo has a fantastic attitude but in fairness in terms of raw talent Kvyat is not bad, on the contrary IMHO he has a lot of potential. Re his attitude I just don't get all the flack that this poor guy has taken in the last few weeks: when he hit Vettel the first time it was not his fault and all he did was what a racing driver is supposed to do, in Russia I think that it was very unlucky that he hit Vettel twice but IMHO he couldn't have avoided the second one. He gets into a Toro Rosso and straight out of the box sets the fastest lap of his first race with the new car (after he had to sit for very long behind a slower Ricciardo otherwise he would have been able to finish higher up that 10th), what is he supposed to do? disappear? He's there to do a job and what he has done so far is not bad at all. I think that the guy deserves to be praised for how he handled a very difficult situation (that had nothing to do with his in car performance)

I totally agree with this and have mentioned this exact thing quite a number of times. Yes Kvyat is really good and in all honesty if redbull didn't have verstappen, would have Kvyat been replaced? I don't think so, he had a podium in the previous race for crying out loud. But I also see where sakae is coming from, he has just let it all out and I don't know from a business standpoint if that was entirely the smartest thing to do. He has to be very carful as redbull have already proven, it's not the results that savesor keeps your seat. I also think it's time we admit just how good verstappen is and can be, what impressed me the most about verstappen in Spain was his ability to look after his tyres but still be quite quick on them at the same time, mega impressive that, I also think that surprised Kimi as it looked like Kimi was expecting him to fall of more than he did.

I totally agree with this and have mentioned this exact thing quite a number of times. Yes Kvyat is really good and in all honesty if redbull didn't have verstappen, would have Kvyat been replaced? I don't think so, he had a podium in the previous race for crying out loud. But I also see where sakae is coming from, he has just let it all out and I don't know from a business standpoint if that was entirely the smartest thing to do. He has to be very carful as redbull have already proven, it's not the results that savesor keeps your seat. I also think it's time we admit just how good verstappen is and can be, what impressed me the most about verstappen in Spain was his ability to look after his tyres but still be quite quick on them at the same time, mega impressive that, I also think that surprised Kimi as it looked like Kimi was expecting him to fall of more than he did.

from the outside it looks as if he needs a good old fashioned advisor, he's just 22, the Red Bull machine is no longer working for him and so he makes these silly mistakes

The problem is redbull have damaged his rep also because they removed him to soon. Now with fire in his belly, other employers will now ask the question of they really need him and with the recents run of comments, now is going to make it more difficult to find a seat outside of redbull/toro Rosso, I hate to say it but I think we're about to see another half decent driver chewed up and spat out f1 style.