Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Teammate War - Who's Winning ?

I don't think there's a conspiracy against dan..... Yet anyway, but I do defiantly think there was against mark in the end. And that's why they kept webber for so long because after the whinging he was a yes man, more so than Vettel.

Dr. Marko came of culture, which really detests some of the stuff played in the media by his employee. DR has (IMHO) committed strategical error how to handle his relationship with his boss, and to certain way his will be similar deteriorating relationship, Webber cooked for himself.

Why would you want to change the way you are to get along with an idiot anyway? I know he is the boss but dan doesn't have to do anything than what he is already doing now. Redbull don't have the power ATM when it comes to negotiating, they lost that after two critical errors. Redbull will have to work the other way just to keep dan IMO. People have been waiting to have a dig at dan because he is just to well liked. Everyone likes him and it takes a couple of incidents and reacting like a human being when people have got there nose out of joint. You put his behaviour into perspective compared to some in his situation and I think he is handling it the best he can. It's obvious now that pressure doesn't affect him like it did to webber as his Monaco pole proved that but He can't do anymore and with the team behind him in the shape they are now, there not winning any titles anytime soon.

Now I am really confused. You sound like DR has already nice cushy place to go, and RB has to be really nice, if they want to keep him. It is not however explained why they would want to keep him, as they are trying to get rid of him at the same time by means of sabotaging his races (as alledged).

DR is in driver's seat - that't what I get from some posts in here. With ego of that size, I wonder how he actually manages to get into a car without braking something in the process.

Haas: Grosjean. Even though consistency is not his strongest point, Gutiérrez non-recoverable mediocrity will more than compensate for it. EG is a nice guy, and probably among the most polite and patient off the track. But he is useless, let's face it.

Manor: Mom, look whose pre-F1 reputation meant Sh#t when he started racing in a F1 enviroment! Yup, even considering the car is even worse than an old time Minardi, Pascal has barely kept ahead of Rio Haryanto. On both drivers' defense, you can say that they tend to crash a lot less than your average Minardi driver. Pascal edges it, but just so.

McLaren: Surprised at how close is this one. McHonda is a mess of a car, so results are many times down to who gets lucky and who doesnt with the car, but still JB is really really close to FA. I think FA has the edge as he is ahead in races when both of them managed to get to the finish line. But this is the first teammate that you can honestly say that matched Nando, besides Lewis, and this is no 2007 with an exasperated Alonso sabotaging himself. No, Trulli was never close. Kudos to JB and I like the pairing.

Sauber: Who gives a Sh#t? Both drivers and the team are a waste of space and breathable air. The fact that Giedo Van Der Garde would have been a more charismatic option speaks volumes.

STR: Sainz could be the next Kubica, if properly groomed. Or the next Heidfeld, if not. And Kvyat is also very talented. Too bad STR-RBR is managed like a kindergarden. Sainz ahead for obvious reasons.

Renault: another weak pairing. Jolyon Palmer is out of his depth. Magnussen has a weird head. None of them impressed me much, if at all. Magnussen ahead, but nothing to brag about. Pains me to see my favorite team with such a mediocre line-up. Get Maldonado back and Nelsinho and let´s make some noise!

Force India: the exact opposite of Renault. Nico is strong, and so is Sergio. Nico is fast, Sergio is patient. I'd say they are both tied. They complement each other nicely.

RBR: Dan is the man. But Max is the...err...wax? eyebrow.gif Ricci is ahead and is doing great, but Max lacks any sense of being humble and will race him to the end, talent is not something he lacks. Ricciardo is showing some signs of feeling the pressure. Will he crumble? Will Max's arrogance be his downfall? Fascinating struggle. So far, Ricci is ahead, no contest.

Williams: a car that goes backwards, driven by drivers that go backwards. Bottas manages to be even worse than Massa, that is never a good sign. Massa is his usual self. Hard working, unlucky, not very talented but dedicated and with loads of experience. Bottas is...the guy that is not quite like Massa. Massa stays ahead, all things considered. Bottas is an also ran.

Ferrari: loljump.gif . Vettel ahead. Kimi closer this year, but that's because Vettel is worse tan last year. Seb already sounds as frustrated as Nando sounded in 2014 over the radio. And he has every right to be so. The team lacks talent off the track as well. Seb is One of the top 3, no doubt about it. But that's not enough to bring a team around. Kimi...oh well...he is a trending topic on wheels, he brings a faithful fanbase but that's it. And Vettel and Arri like him because he doesnt give a Sh#t. When your team likes you because of that you know that there's not exactly much confidence on you becoming the next WDC. More like the team's pet. Massa was cheaper, more consistent and probably as fast in his days but who would buy his t-shirts?

Merc: Nico can win this WDC, but only because Yuji Ide could win in a Merc, provided that your teammate is not as good. Lewis is a top driver. Nico is not, was not and will not ever be. He is really nice, he speaks many languages including a more than acceptable Spanish. But he is a mediocre driver. And the worst part is that he knows it. Lewis can sabotage his career all he wants with Justin Bieber and Roger Rabbit. He has enough raw talent to compensate for a somewhat unfocused F1 career. But Nico? He is not fast, makes too many unforced errors (so does Lewis, btw...Merc's superiority masks many of these drivers current flaws), he does not excel in any category. Lewis is a showman, yes, but when he races, he is masterful. Lewis wins this by default.

@Quiet One

May I ask on what specific indicators you evaluated Vettel's performance? I am curious, because in English media appeared the same assessment, but no explanation. Now Italian media have undertaken similar line.

For the record, Vettel this year is P3, DNF, P2, DNF, P3, P4.

I am cognizant of circumstances behind each result, and P4 is not great, but it could be debated whether team's qualification might have been better in Monaco. Both Ferrari drivers, add Alonso and some others, were reporting lack of adhesion, and danger of taking it into a wall. Vettel during a race has not touched the wall, but in final laps came very close doing it. His speed was phenomenal, yet I still do not understand what drivers do differently this year in comparison to last year. I don't want to start another discussion around Ferrari/Vettel, etc., however because I saw this now three times, I wonder what is basis for such assessment that Vettel is not performing well.

@Quiet One

May I ask on what specific indicators you evaluated Vettel's performance? I am curious, because in English media appeared the same assessment, but no explanation. Now Italian media have undertaken similar line.

For the record, Vettel this year is P3, DNF, P2, DNF, P3, P4.

I am cognizant of circumstances behind each result, and P4 is not great, but it could be debated whether team's qualification might have been better in Monaco. Both Ferrari drivers, add Alonso and some others, were reporting lack of adhesion, and danger of taking it into a wall. Vettel during a race has not touched the wall, but in final laps came very close doing it. His speed was phenomenal, yet I still do not understand what drivers do differently this year in comparison to last year. I don't want to start another discussion around Ferrari/Vettel, etc., however because I saw this now three times, I wonder what is basis for such assessment that Vettel is not performing well.

Most of his underperformance this year comes to an awful car and a rather ineffective team. Luck didn't seem to be on his side either. That means worse results. Other than that, he just seems more frustrated than relentless this year, not based on any hard fact, but more on feelings I pull out of my behind. I don't think he is less talented or that his time has passed, of course. Just like this year he does not look as hungry as last. Maybe merely because of the car (but last year's car was no WCC material, either). Just a feeling that he could give more than he did so far.

Thanks for the comment. Car is supposedly better, but for some reasons Ferrari did not put it to good use. The team has Jock Clear to improve track related stuff, but my (admittedly shallow) feeling is, it got worse.

Thanks for the comment. Car is supposedly better, but for some reasons Ferrari did not put it to good use. The team has Jock Clear to improve track related stuff, but my (admittedly shallow) feeling is, it got worse.

The team seems to be undergoing one of their famous crysis in which everybody yells "stay calm", yet nobody does, and then they start firing random people until moral improves.

I agree, Jock Clear has not brought any major improvements in streamlining the process. And if I had to put a name on what Vettel lacks this year compared with last year it would be "confidence in his team".

Then again, I must warn you that I am an Alonso partisan, so my views are biased ;)

The team seems to be undergoing one of their famous crysis in which everybody yells "stay calm", yet nobody does, and then they start firing random people until moral improves.

I agree, Jock Clear has not brought any major improvements in streamlining the process. And if I had to put a name on what Vettel lacks this year compared with last year it would be "confidence in his team".

Then again, I must warn you that I am an Alonso partisan, so my views are biased wink.png

Don't worry, it didn't take long, and I am at war with most of active members on this forum (re: DR and his adventures at RBR).

Now I am really confused. You sound like DR has already nice cushy place to go, and RB has to be really nice, if they want to keep him. It is not however explained why they would want to keep him, as they are trying to get rid of him at the same time by means of sabotaging his races (as alledged).

DR is in driver's seat - that't what I get from some posts in here. With ego of that size, I wonder how he actually manages to get into a car without braking something in the process.

If you think dan has an ego, I would hate to see what you call sebs problem and if you think Seb doesn't or never had an issue, then sorry your being biased and I think you are confused because half the things you said in your post I never mentioned. I never said redbull were sabotaging dan but I said I wouldn't put it past them, there the shadiest bunch on the grid especially with marko at the helm. If you think Seb wasn't a selfish little brat who only thought of himself and now complains when people try pass him, then your in denial. You never saw the articles about sebs temper tantrums? Like I said before if you think dan has an issue then Seb must need the Betty ford clinic. I new once dan made one mistake that people would be all over him like flies to a fresh turd, because there's nothing else they can have a dig at him by. Sorry sakae but if you think dan has issues, you need a reality check and have a good hard look at just how Seb has behaved selfishly for so long, it's only the birth of his child that made him realise he isn't the only person out there. Now before you take something out of context and say I said this, Ian writing based of opinion of mine and quite a few others.

Then again, I must warn you that I am an Alonso partisan, so my views are biased ;)

The last line. Lol

Mentally wise, at the moment looks like :

Merc - advantage Nico

Ferrari - advantage Seb

RB - tied

Williams - advantage Botttas

Force India - advantage Perez

Mclaren - advantage Alonso

Hasn't Perez made hulk look pretty ordinary so far? Hulkenberg is yet to score an f1 podium and Perez has 2 already this year.

Well he's turned it up at the right time, when teams are shopping about for new drivers and the surprising thing is like at Baku, his car was seriously quick.

Yes. Perez's driving style really matched Baku.

Kimi on the other hand was a bit unlucky. Could have made the podium.

No he couldn't have, Perez was quicker than kimi, Perez would've had the podium weather penalty or not.

Well Perez passed kimi on circuit anyway to prove he could've done it reguardless. He could've just sat behind kimi but he wanted to pass him to "earn" his podium. If kimi had the pace, he should've been able to open up 5 seconds on Perez to keep the podium.

Saw an interview recently with Lewis where he said he actually enjoys losing more than winning because it enables him to grow as a driver. Could've fooled me Lewis, you look pretty upset if you don't get your way on a Sunday. So much so you show your disgust by refusing to shake the hands of fellow competitors, two words, sore loser.

Coming from a sore loser like him it's all Bullcrap. He can only pretend to cover up for his lack of pace   

I think Hamilton is one of the fastest drivers the sport has seen but also the most fragile and his mental state causes more issues for himself and over dramatises the whole situation more than need be.

1 hour ago, Emmcee said:

I think Hamilton is one of the fastest drivers the sport has seen...

Considering general acceptance that all F1 drivers due to nature of their sport are fast, how did you reach that conclusion? Sometimes I am not sure if people just accept as "factual" general notion which is being repeated often, and mostly based on subjective preferences, or there is sufficient evidence in the background. Hamilton always had fast cars to his disposal, in which even Rio Haryanto might have look good, and when McLaren was slow, so was Hamilton.  

I should add - there was recently a study done by a British university, which has undertaken to evaluate all drivers, and rank them according to criteria they set forth for themselves. My recollection is, that Hamilton ended up ranking much lower than Vettel and Alonso. Admittedly I haven't read whole study, because as soon as I've learned that one of their assumptions for evaluation was, that both cars fielded in the same year by the same team were considered as equal, I've lost my interest, because for one, I think there is enough of rational objections in the discussion to consider such assumption to be patently false.