Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Teammate War - Who's Winning ?

This season is it, his only chance IMO, if he butchers this like he did in hockenhiem, it's gone. 19 points to Lewis is nothing, especially when his engine limit is up plus we have seen rosberg claw this type of gap back before, but if he doesn't do it this year, he will be like webber who missed his one and only chance in 2010.

40 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

This season is it, his only chance IMO, if he butchers this like he did in hockenhiem, it's gone. 19 points to Lewis is nothing, especially when his engine limit is up plus we have seen rosberg claw this type of gap back before, but if he doesn't do it this year, he will be like webber who missed his one and only chance in 2010.

Totally my opinon too.

Well, Nico damn near beat Hamilton in 2014 (and on his own merits, although Hamilton did have worse luck that season). Nico again came back in 2016 to lead him again for the first half of the season. I think he will continue to be a threat in 2017 and 2018. All it takes is a stumble by Hamilton and Nico is back in it again. As it is, Hamilton's 19 point lead is probably going to evaporate when Hamilton does his double engine change (with the appropriate grid penalties). So, I think this contest is far from over.

Yeah but there fighting each other and there no where near each other on the circuit and it's been like that since 2014. Nico can't beat Lewis week in and week out if they have to go at it wheel to wheel, he simply isn't fast enough. Nico will close the gap due to Lewis's upcoming engine penalties and that's my point, if he had to race Lewis to close that 19 point gap it wouldn't happen.

Nico does not have the heart and ruthlessness to become an F1 champion. I like him much more than Lewis but he has to be ruthless to win. 

Well all the greats over the years have some ruthlessness about them, to push rules to the limits, some agree with there actions some don't. The thing with nico is he thinks he is in this category but he simply isn't and not to mention he doesn't think things through 100% if he only locked up his wheels a tad, he would've avoided the penalty he received and on penalties, he seems to get more than any other driver and it affects his results.

Exactly. He falters when the going gets tough. I'm less a fan of nico now than at the start of this season. I mean he is the only one who has the chance to take the trophy away from Hamilton and he's blowing it away. I get frustrated seeing him lose so many points on penalties and less aggressiveness. 

Nico just does not have the bottle, balls - call it what you will.

On average Lewis betters him 2 - 3 races to 1 over a season. 

The margin of victory is not as important as the number of victories.

Nico will win again, but that will be followed by 2 or 3 Lewis wins.

See with Lewis you can't give him a sniff or he will just take it away. Look in Germany, nico dominated the whole weekend, fastest in all 3 practice sessions and takes pole but drops 3 places by the exit of the first corner. All that work gone in a split second, then he tries to compromised by "over driving" the car, distorying his tyres and making stupid overtaking attempts like we saw on verstappen and Hamilton. I defended nico for his move on Lewis in Austria but now it was obvious that he can't get the job done when the pressure is at its highest. Now I personally think he is responsible for every contact him and Lewis have had together.

6 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Now I personally think he is responsible for every contact him and Lewis have had together.

Well, that is kind of my opinion, although I need to recheck Canada. I suspect one problem that Nico has is that he has never been a dirty driver. Now that he has decided to become one, he is not very good at it. I had the impression in 2014 that he thought he could be as fast as Hamilton. Now, I don't think he really believes that any more.

2 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Well, that is kind of my opinion, although I need to recheck Canada. I suspect one problem that Nico has is that he has never been a dirty driver. Now that he has decided to become one, he is not very good at it. I had the impression in 2014 that he thought he could be as fast as Hamilton. Now, I don't think he really believes that any more.

Agree. Nico is kindda lucky bec. the summer break is here and it can suppress Lewis' momentum. U kow, like in basketball when they call a timeout just to stop the opponent's scoring momentum.

Now Nico has to dig really, really deep like the pacific ocean to overcome his lack of ruthlessness or turst in himself  and come back like a Tasmanian devil from the next race. That's the only chance he has - this year. Next season will even be much more difficult if he let Lewis win this time.

It's now or never !

2 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Couldn't agree more.

10 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Agree. Nico is kindda lucky bec. the summer break is here and it can suppress Lewis' momentum. U kow, like in basketball when they call a timeout just to stop the opponent's scoring momentum.

Now Nico has to dig really, really deep like the pacific ocean to overcome his lack of ruthlessness or turst in himself  and come back like a Tasmanian devil from the next race. That's the only chance he has - this year. Next season will even be much more difficult if he let Lewis win this time.

It's now or never !

Damage has already been done and it has been for some time as nico doesn't have the pace to fight wheel to wheel with Lewis. If he isn't near Lewis, he's just as quick if not faster but when it comes to wheel to wheel with him,  he simply doesn't have the pace.

Of course he will, with Lewis getting engine penalties, who else is going to win?

Can you imagine what would happen if Mercedes would treat Rosberg equally, and Hamilton did not win WDC this year? From hysterical media, calling on Army, Navy and Air-force, to whinnying whole next year, day in, day out? Who would work next to him without going nuts? I think Mercedes has no other option but let it fly. Nico is done, but he might not know that as yet, or living in self-denial. Some stewards of the race aren't exactly on his side either. 

9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Can you imagine what would happen if Mercedes would treat Rosberg equally, and Hamilton did not win WDC this year? From hysterical media, calling on Army, Navy and Air-force, to whinnying whole next year, day in, day out? Who would work next to him without going nuts? I think Mercedes has no other option but let it fly. Nico is done, but he might not know that as yet, or living in self-denial. Some stewards of the race aren't exactly on his side either. 

He can suicide for the sake of F1 :lol:

Even though alonso has more points, its to hard to tell with all the reliability issues still at play, the results are based of luck than anything else at this stage.

It will be interesting to find out how the car performs in the 2nd half. It will be a close battler between them.

Another car I am eager to see performing better is Renault. They showed good signs of improvement in Germany.

Mclaren have been the quiet achiever IMO, as everyone was watching them with a close eye and saw no improvement as if they all of a sudden expect those bad results from mclaren. But as soon as the attention was away from them, they made leaps and bounds and all of a sudden those people who wrote them of are no changing there mind as the car steadily improves. They could break the top five in terms of race results in the second half but podiums are still out of reach for the moment. As for Renault, they need a more stable lineup IMO, Magnussen is rock solid but it's palmer who is up and down like a roller coaster and IMO is hindering development as its left up to kevin. A replacement is needed there or he rapidly needs to pull his socks up and be more consistant.

I still think Honda can come up with better engine towards the end of season.

We might see Alonso closer to the podium

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

Ocon won against Haryanto :)

Yeah but haryanto is in f1 because the Indonesian government paid for his seat. I'd be in f1 to if the Australian goverent paid for my seat.