Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Ricciardo Flipping Off Kimi?

Classic Kimi not giving a crap, he has held up webber before and Montoya both of them coming on the radio screaming to get fnnn Kimi out of the way. Love to see what the outcome would be if it was the other way around and ohh let's not forget the ear bashing Kimi fans would give us all. A man with his significant experience would've seen danny in the mirrors and how much faster he was, why not do the polite thing and move aside? Are mind games starting already? Ferrari worried about redbull pace? Imagine if it was alonso who did this to Kimi or Seb omg we would never hear the end of it, not using the "spacial awareness" that he supposedly has that no other driver has. What's the excuse for this? "Ohh it's only practice" nah nothing important like car setups or finding strategy is it?

Did I hear correctly and the commentator accused Kimi of being arrogant? I am actually not aware that in practice, Ferrari running their race simulation, has to let anyone pass. This is not qualification hold up, this is not a blue flag situation. DR (and commentators) are out of line, methinks. DR could pit, and slot elsewhere, if he couldn't overtake. I can only congratulate to Kimi for testing RB where on the track, and how DR would attempt to overtake.

So Ferrari can run a simulation but not redbull? There's no gain in practice from holding any one up now this could've hurt redbull and whatever they were doing at the time but how come only Ferrari gets the ok about it in your opinion? A gentleman's thing to do would be to move aside and think about someone else but yourself for a change. if it's not arrogant or day dreaming what is it? just a brain fart? I can't comprehend why he would do it? I wouldn't do it in karting, there's no point, I just don't understand, it's not qualy or race. Ohh imagine how hammered schumi would've got if he did the same? Especially with people's fetish with schumi and Monaco. It's that classic scenario again of "he can do it but the other bloke can't". So in other words, Kimi was practicing to go slow? Classic double standards here and I can't wait to read the other Kimi comments that will come from other members.

I am sorry E, but since when a team has to worry what other teams do in terms of training? Once you get on that road, when it starts, when it ends, and how much Ferrari owes to RBR? To me, this demand makes not sense whatsoever. Kimi has done nothing wrong, and if it make Mr. DR mad, that's just perfect. Forcing your foe into errors seems as pretty good strategy, although I doubt Kimi was thinking that far. He did what management asked him to do, kudos to him, I say. I am not going to go cheap here and use the occasion to take a shot at DR, despite that he fully deserves it.

I agree Ricciardo over reacted big time and your right Kimi doesn't have to move over but it would've been the right thing to do OR pick up the pace and make dan pass. But he has done this quite a few times over his career, it's almost like he is in a day dream at times.

Yes, Kimi could do that, but why would he? F1 is competition, big money are in stake, and we are short on playing gents. DR is no better than Kimi, lets make this abundantly clear, and sounds today litle phoney.

I dont understand what the fuss is about. Dan's obviously feeling the pressure. Slagging off Kimi will only put him in a losing position in public perception.

I dont understand what the fuss is about. Dan's obviously feeling the pressure. Slagging off Kimi will only put him in a losing position in public perception.

Feeling the pressure is just about right. After last year and after Spain 2016 there are some signs of it, no doubt about that. Kimi has massive popular following; DR is not going to win this very public outburst.

I don't think so much feeling the pressure, just things are happening that arnt allowing him to express full potential. If it was me, unless I was instructed otherwise, I would've moved aside, no point starting crap when you don't need to. But that's under the assumption he was told not to move over, Ferrari might have said something. What's he feeling the pressure from about last year and Spain? Spain wasn't his fault he had the win in the bag, and if your referring to falling behind Kvyat by 3 measly points in the standings, what do you call Kimi in 2014, ohh that's right the car wasn't suited to him, I forgot, lol. Doesn't any one else see that dan suffered more issues than Kvyat last year? Don't people see when both cars ran trouble free, Ricciardo was always ahead or he was faster and brought the bulk of the points home that day, don't people see that? Or is the points standings what they gauge the results of? I know each situation is different but c'mon people seem to forget pretty darn easy.

Iam sweet bro just funny how people want to approach a situation with common sense now, I've been trying to get this to happen from day one.

Lol to Ricci. He needs to chill the F out. I like him alot more than Max, but Ricci is unsettled at the moment. He's not smiling as much and seems agitated a little.

Kimi did nothing wrong here. Ricci needs to get on with things and worry about his own qualy and race to come.

He did over react big time but really, Kimi would've known he was there and like I said, if he was told to not move over that's different but why would you want to create crap for? It's not Kimi style, there has to be more to this I think. Come pit straight or out of the swimming pool, I would've moved over, but hey that's me because Iam a nice bloke lol :)

We do not know what Kimi was told, if anything at all, and he is experienced enough to make his own decisions. I think what happened is, that he has minded his own business (following team's plan), and let DR to solve his own issues. RBR could go to FiA if they feel Kimi has committed anything inappropriate, which I doubt. I do not want to accuse DR from whinnying, but he better get quickly over this for his own sake.

he ended up fastest anyway so Iam sure he did get over it lol.

Classic Kimi not giving a crap, he has held up webber before and Montoya both of them coming on the radio screaming to get fnnn Kimi out of the way. Love to see what the outcome would be if it was the other way around and ohh let's not forget the ear bashing Kimi fans would give us all. A man with his significant experience would've seen danny in the mirrors and how much faster he was, why not do the polite thing and move aside? Are mind games starting already? Ferrari worried about redbull pace? Imagine if it was alonso who did this to Kimi or Seb omg we would never hear the end of it, not using the "spacial awareness" that he supposedly has that no other driver has. What's the excuse for this? "Ohh it's only practice" nah nothing important like car setups or finding strategy is it?

What the Flippin F***???errrrrr.gifblink.pngwacko.png

Man if Ricciardo was holding up kimi you would say the same thing and he has done it a few times in his career, just day dreaming or having a brain fart, he should've used the special awareness kimi fans are always on about. Kimi doesn't have to move and Ricciardo over reacted but the point iam making is it would've been the gentleman's thing to do, you get no points in practice and unless your told not to, why not let a faster car past? What's the point in ruining there run out of spite? That's all iam trying to say, fair call right? Common sense?

Man if Ricciardo was holding up kimi you would say the same thing and he has done it a few times in his career, just day dreaming or having a brain fart, he should've used the special awareness kimi fans are always on about. Kimi doesn't have to move and Ricciardo over reacted but the point iam making is it would've been the gentleman's thing to do, you get no points in practice and unless your told not to, why not let a faster car past? What's the point in ruining there run out of spite? That's all iam trying to say, fair call right? Common sense?

Please don't refer to the other users here as the ones who referred to Kimi as having special spatial awareness. None of them has stipulated that, so i guess this is directed at me, which is not actually MY opinion anyway. What I stated was that Bottas has limited spatial awareness, and suffers in his racecraft because of it. He is neither the racer of the abilities of Vettel, Kimi, Hamilton or Ric. I dare you to find any comment where I stipulated that Kimi has this SPECIAL AWARENESS abilities.

and according to the other point raised here in YOUR special post, Kimi did'nt need to, so it's not YOUR common sense. He did'nt want another car in close proximity in front of him and held his position. It does not make him less than a gentlemen because it's within the rules. In fact, if you'de speak about the nature of Kimi to other drivers they most probably will tell you what a gentleman he is. Ric however, in his gesture, proved he was a total d#ck! That boy is starting to be too arrogant and needs a shove up his a##!

I never said you said kimi had spacial awareness the point iam trying to make you cant even see because you don't want to. The point is what you and a few others accuse other drivers of doing and blow it out over a few page thread but when someone like kimi or Seb does it, it's different, you can say it is but that's your opinion, I say it's not. I say there is certain lee way given for certain drivers or the best approach would not to say anything that could become hypercritical if yours or someone else's favourite does the same or similar thing. People posting in other threads but the Monaco 2016 at the time dan got his pole prooved that, people let hate,dislike or whatever get in the way of even a simple congratulations, it's pretty pi$$weak you ask me.