Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2016 Canada - Race No. 7

Your memory is shocking if you can't remember sebs behaviour, it was a talking point for a while, yeah he might have bagged his team but at least he didn't go totally against there instructions in a race to benifit himself and himself only 100%. You call dan a whinger yet look at Seb, first race he hasn't abused someone over the radio for attempting a pass on him, talk

About calling the kettle black.

That's fine, anything is possible, however lets hope however should the table turned against him, and his ego-bubble got busted, we would be spared of the same whining as we are witnessing now. "I am not sure where to go from here", "team screw me up", and other endless articles how unfairly Ferrari (or any other team) treats him. Like a 16 year old girl after she gets dumped.

Seriously , you call that whining . Come on man!!! Any driver would be disappointed after losing from winning position . And this has happened to him twice ,that too in a matter of two weekends. Have a heart.

Webric, looks like you got another new member to fight/argue with. Sweet.

Yeah well Vettel does no wrong by this person and never has. Never had a bad attitude or threw a tantrum, so I must have been watching another sport and reading different magazines and articles.

Seriously , you call that whining . Come on man!!! Any driver would be disappointed after losing from winning position . And this has happened to him twice ,that too in a matter of two weekends. Have a heart.

Exactly, when you think about it realistically, people are wanting to much from dan and are forgetting he is just a human like all of us. Never had an issue with dan or media related stories until the team stuffed up, twice now. But instead on focussing on what the real issue is here and that's redbulls pitstops, the media,forums and certain members have chosen to take a swipe at dan because he isn't smiling like usual. Like I mentioned before, it was only a matter of time before people would have a crack at dan, it was just a matter of when and because the odds of something serious happening from his own doing are extremely low, they take this as the only chance to bring him down, pretty Pi$$ weak you ask me, they can't even find anything to critisise him driving wise and that's why we're all here so I really think people need to wake up and have a reality check.

Well, looking forward to this race. Montreal is a power circuit, so we shall see how the Red Bull's look. At Monaco, they were faster then the Mercedes. Will they be faster here (I am guessing not)? Also, Verstappen has a new engine, so we can finally get to watch the DR/Verstappen duel.

Keep in mind that DR has never lost the teammate duel. He beat out Vergne to get promoted to Red Bull, he then beat out the demotivated Vettel, he then beat out Kvyat. Now he faces Verstappen.

Actually Vettel's alleged demotivation is undeservedly oversimplifying situation of 2014, blaming solely Vettel. Second inaccuracy is, Kvyat finished ahead in points to DR, so I would say he beat him. That's the yardstick used against Vettel, so I do not see why DR should be immune to the same "quality" judgement.

Well, either Vettel was demotivated or DR was the better driver. In the end, Vettel showed up at Ferrari in 2015 with tons of speed, comfortably beating Kimi (as Alonso had done in the previous season).....so yea, "demotivation" seems to be the best one word adjective to describe Vettel's 2014 season.

Kvyat has shown a lot of speed. There was a reason he was promoted to Red Bull. He is still a very talented driver and I hope to see him elsewhere (Williams?)

I am not privy to all what went on at RBR vis a vis Vettel, but to dismiss his 2014 season as a result of personal demotivation, I think, is simply inaccurate and insult to him. I doubt anyone can decrypt accurately convergence of several dominant factors, but next to mental tiredness, there was huge reliability problems when he really did not have much time with the car in pres-season, just as many FP he sat on the bench, while his car was in pieces on the floor, going into qualifying without logging any setup validation, so, how he could switch properly his driving technique, there was Schumacher, his fiend and confidant in coma, new family at the distance, there was RB gross attitude to his discomfort with that car (Newey's comments), and so-fort. I think a case could be made, that heaven and earth conspire against him in the year. Funny thing is, all who spouted a lot of negativity against him could not explain his rapid, and almost miraculous recovery in 2015 when RBR was out of the picture. Strong case against RBR which could use explanation what did you do to him in 2014?

Actually Vettel's alleged demotivation is undeservedly oversimplifying situation of 2014, blaming solely Vettel. Second inaccuracy is, Kvyat finished ahead in points to DR, so I would say he beat him. That's the yardstick used against Vettel, so I do not see why DR should be immune to the same "quality" judgement.

I've pulled you up in this time and time again, how does the same rule of judgement apply here? Is kvyat a 4x champ and hailed as possibly one of the greatest ever? Nope. Did kvyat join a team moulded around one individual for 5 years? Nope. Did kvyat go on to beat Ricciardo by over 60 something points? Nope. So I struggle to comprehend after what I mentioned how the two situations are the exact same in your world. Seems like someone needs to let the past go and admit defeat, I know how it feels, I had to do it year in year out when Vettel smashed webber so having it happen to Seb for one season and not being able to accept that, that's tough dude.

I am not privy to all what went on at RBR vis a vis Vettel, but to dismiss his 2014 season as a result of personal demotivation, I think, is simply inaccurate and insult to him. I doubt anyone can decrypt accurately convergence of several dominant factors, but next to mental tiredness, there was huge reliability problems when he really did not have much time with the car in pres-season, just as many FP he sat on the bench, while his car was in pieces on the floor, going into qualifying without logging any setup validation, so, how he could switch properly his driving technique, there was Schumacher, his fiend and confidant in coma, new family at the distance, there was RB gross attitude to his discomfort with that car (Newey's comments), and so-fort. I think a case could be made, that heaven and earth conspire against him in the year. Funny thing is, all who spouted a lot of negativity against him could not explain his rapid, and almost miraculous recovery in 2015 when RBR was out of the picture. Strong case against RBR which could use explanation what did you do to him in 2014?

You make a point and I wonder if redbull simply got sick of him? Making his own calls during a race when told otherwise like in Malaysia 2013 and when the roles were reversed in I think Bahrain in 2014 and ordered to let dan pass and he refused, maybe that was the last straw. Let's also not forget he got quite vocal and upset when the team knew he signed for Ferrari and redbull kept him out of a lot of development that year in fear of info being taken with him to Ferrari. I think Vettel came back brilliantly in 2015 but to say it was the car in 2014 when the team and car is built around you and your teammate romps out three wins to your none and your defending champion, kinda makes a mockery of basically everything Seb stands for. He simply got caught out as he strives in the blown diffuser era now cars require more rear control, something Seb hasn't had to use before so it was a year basically of changing his driving style, he simply wasn't able to adapt as quick and that could be down to these personal issues raised but in the end he came good but to just push dans season aside with the results he got because he beat Vettel is sad or looking to justify vettels bad performance against kvyat the next year. When all you have to do is be honest al read it how it is dan had a lot of issues in 2015 reliability wise and when both redbull cars ran trouble free it would be Ricciardo who would score the bulk points, he almost erased the entire gap in the last race at Abu Dhabi when he went in like 12 points behind kvyat or something.

This weekend could be crucial for Ferrari, because its outcome might set the tone for rest of the season. One sense well hidden tension, yet it remains to be seen whether quiet confidence, or nervosity will prevail when lights go off. They are professionals, and probably not a first time hanging by fingernails of the edge, yet I think it is too soon to write them off and out. It is certainly a team to watch this weekend. Drivers love the circuit, and lets hope that all upgrades and brakes will play along.

Yeah well I was going to mention there bringing a new turbo and new shorter nose aswell so let's see how it works out.

Press conference with drivers:

Kimi, second question was to you, is there is a deadline in terms of your future with Ferrari?

KR:

I don’t know anything more. You guys seem to be knowing a lot every week, this and that. It’s not in my decision in the end. I always said I’m happy to be here, I hope I will be here for helping Ferrari get where we want to get as a team. What happens in the future, we will see.

Looks like Ferrari is going to run out of steam this season (there is couple of accounting errors in the quote below):

"Every manufacturer had 32 tokens to spend before the winter development. Currently Ferrari has 6, Mercedes 11, Honda 14 and Renault 21 remaining tokens for this season.

Engine tokens spent:

Ferrari 28 (4 remaining)

Mercedes 21 (11 remaining)

Honda 20 (12 remaining)

Renault 11 (21 remaining)

The token system will be scrapped altogether in 2017."

If that's the case, why not spend up big now and try make the most of the remainder of the season before people are on even ground. What's impressive is Renault have used less than half the tokens of Ferrari and there PU is quite quick now, so the question is, what have Ferrari been doing.

Canada top 6 finishers :

1- Dan Ric

2- Nic Ros

3. Seb Vet

4. Lew Ham

5. Kim Rai

what's yours guys ?

Ricciardo

Verstappen

Rosberg

Hamilton

Vettel

I've said it since Monaco, redbull 1-2 at canada

FP1
- a few drivers off track
- gap is still looming
- tires AGAIN story of the day
- pretty boring session

FP2

- MV is not bad at all, if we fully appreciate his situation.

- Ferrari drivers, subject of my interest, were sampling different race strategies. I wonder if they were using an old PU, or the new (improved)one.

Vettel did well concidering they weren't expecting the pace right away, both redbulls admit that Ferrari looked faster. Is Mercedes running a new nose aswell? Looks different to me but I didn't read anything in them bringing any updates. Not much separating MV and DR very close there, hope the pace is real, but Iam hoping redbull 1-2 and had a feeling but seeing Lewis's pace Iam not so sure now and Lewis always goes well at Canada so it's a bit up in the air for me ATM.

FP3

- Sainz, pretty good effort

- First 10 within 1 sec; pretty impressive

- McLaren has improved, good for them, just as Renault (motor) people must be elated

- Max is no joke

- Tension is piling up

Canada is 7th race, and this is 4th time Vettel was fastest in the field in FP3. Time has come to convert these placings into points.

So it's Hamilton on pole,Rosberg second, Vettel with a blistering lap for p3 ahead of both Ricciardo and Verstappen. Very very close between Mercedes drivers should make for an interesting race between al three teams as Ricciardo said if redbull can get within half a second of Mercedes, they feel they can challenge then during the race.

Qualification

Sad story for Ferrari. Not only they did not managed to pacify Mercedes, but now RBR is getting into the game. Tomorrow is the race, but it doesn't look good for friends of Seb and Kimi.