Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Mick Schumacher

He has a future to do real well, in a few years time when he is fighting for wins with verstappen, we will talking about second generation drivers and there battles. IMO if he is achieving these results while everything that's going on at home, he is solid as a rock, as that would be the first thing the press would be trying to get out of him, any info on his dad.

On 9 June 2016 at 5:55 AM, KoolMonkey said:

I'm looking forward to Max increasing in arrogance and going off the rails. 

I've detected little of it when he said that he will buy ice cream for Kimi (to tame his anger). It sounds like a joke, but in reality any lack of respect or decency is overwhelming. He is a different generation to me, but I just hope that I will not have people like him crossing my path. Not very good role model for his fans. He did not consider necessary to see Kimi, and patch things up.

Better role model than Lewis. Until he is seen blind drunk after saying he doesn't drink in a "smokers" club and taking selfies while riding a motorcycle and doing burnouts in company cars then Lewis takes the cake in that department and by a massive margin.

The Michael's kid must be under heavy burden of expectations of him, yet there is nowhere written, that he has racing in his genes. Hill's kid, says father, has no inclinations to follow in his footsteps at all. It makes one wonder, if Michael can actually communicate with his son at all after watchning his racing on TV. 

The amount of raw speed he has is just insane. He jumped from karts to single seaters with no issue at all and in today's f1 where rule changes are changing virtually every second, the ability to adapt quickly seems to be the secret weapon and it seems he has no issue with this.

That's good to know.

I hope he learns properly and timely. No need to rush. I think he can go to F3 next year, then GP2 then F1. 

Yep I agree, nurture this talent instead of throwing him in the deep end.

Go for it Mick !!

Schumacher on cusp of F3 step

Mick Schumacher has admitted he is poised to step up to one of the final steps before hitting formula one — European F3.

Teenager Lance Stroll, who at 18 is just a year older than F1 legend Michael Schumacher’s son, will himself step up to formula one next year with Williams.

Stroll is the new European F3 champion.

And that is the category that Mick Schumacher is likely to contest next year, as the young German is currently testing for the Prema F3 team in Germany.

Read more at http://www.thisisf1.com/2016/11/04/schumacher-on-cusp-of-f3-step/#h7IBrKpgV0kSzaIg.99

I really hope they don't "throw" him in f1 to soon just for names sake. Nuture him and reap the maximum available.

Yep I think they and he is not rushing to F1. Max maybe good but he started too early and may get burned out sooner than normal. 

Is not just that, he is exposing himself to the same risk but for a lot longer duration. It's like Rossi, I hope he stops riding soon because I get this feeling he will never stop until something happens and you look at Marco Simoncelli, incredible rider but was just unlucky and how much longer will this luck last for Rossi? Nothing might not even happen but you expose yourself to a greater risk the longer your around.

Dec 29 - 3 years on since skiing accident of Michael, and I've almost forgotten, despite that my personal tie to the F1 evolved with names like Prost, Michael, and now Vettel. Young man, I gather, is missing most important support he could ever receive in his life, despite that friends of family have taken over, and filling the blanks. Every time anyone mentions Ross Brawn, Michael's face image flicks in my mind, etched deeply in memories. That will never change. I wish him better year ahead, and never to give up on hope that we see you again walking tall. 

Yep, very well said sakae and I get the same mate. See an image of him when he was at his peak and was the fastest driver in the world when brawn or even todt is mentioned.

For those who weren't around or watched f1 at this time, missed something special indeed.

I still can't get over Michael when i watch old races and highlights and relive those memories I went through with Michael. I feel like I also went on the journey with him and watched this young German turn into one of if not the best driver ever. Keep fighting Michael.