Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

I finally agree with Vettel.

Well he has finally said something that is music to ears and over recent months we have seen Seb being mainly the only driver with gonads to speak out against the sport. But here in this story, he said what I've been trying to say for ages.

http://m.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/340992/vettel-f1-must-retain-danger-element/

I think that Seb actually merely pointed to the obvious aspect of driving fast cars. No one wants to sit in a camping chair on Sunday afternoon next to (any) motorway, and watch garden variety flow of traffic, even if that might be a cheaper option to the F1. Speed, with all its bells and whistles such as crashes are part of the show. What is however demanded, that people with little bit of luck will walk away from it, such as Alonso has the other day. R&D in that area has to continue.

Yeah but I still feel the halo is a "knee jerk reaction" though.

I do not recall reading explanation originating by FiA, what's the function of the contraption Seb was asked to take for a road test, and how its intended functionallity in terms of driver protection has been actually tested in simulated accidents (supported by objective evidence from a certified lab).

Still would love to see how a driver will get out of that in 5 seconds if the back of the car is on fire as that's another requirement by the driver from the FIA if he wishes to compete in f1. Be able to get the wheel of, unstrapped and out of the car in 5 seconds, going to be hard if there's that halo over there head, ejector seats here we come.