Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Coulthard compares Raikkonen and Webber

Found an oldish clip of coulthard comparing Mark Webber and Kimi Raikkonen.

Did I hear correctly that Kimi is not a team player? I have to take his word for it, even if with grain and salt, since we are probably applying different criteria who is, or isn't a team player, how it is manifested, and what it actually means to the team. That's where it ends for me regrading Kimi, however if he is implying while Kimi is not a team player, and Webber is, than I respectfully and extremely strongly disagree. Webber was, while in F1, self centered individual, who cared primarily about his own position in the team, and reacted very nastily when things didn't go his way. That's impression I have of him. After all, as a way of an example, said his management, when there were team orders issued to him, he didn't hear them, whereas when Vettel paid him back later on, all hell broke up in English media, and he just clap and poured gasoline all over it. Maybe they are all of them like that, I am not sure, but lets do not pile on one guy, and let the other one off the hook.

Yeah but we have been here before Sakae and Seb was no angel either, it was Seb who did it, when Seb came in and took control of the team, webber couldn't and wasn't allowed to get his foot back in the door, that what was the root to everything that happened afterwards regardless who's fault it was,that's how I see it and mo matter what anyone says in my honest opinion mark got shafted by Seb and all of redbull, well I know he did. But when a driver says something like this, I have to take his word for it as i wasn't around at the time. Especially when it's Coulthard a man who has raced with the best in the sport as a teammate and rival, he's opinions shouldn't go ignored IMO.

6 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Yeah but we have been here before Sakae...

Then why bring this up AGAIN? Surely opening a thread like this is going to warranty us discussing this again

I thought that but arnt  we mature enough to realise it's based of someone's opinions? I thought I would share for that exact reason, too see what a drivers opinions are. I wasn't intending to "bait" anyone if that's your intention?

4 hours ago, Emmcee said:

I thought that but arnt  we mature enough to realise it's based of someone's opinions? I thought I would share for that exact reason, too see what a drivers opinions are. I wasn't intending to "bait" anyone if that's your intention?

Given the nature on certain discussions and where it inevitably leads to..yes, I think you knew what you were doing

Well what's the point of posting then? Can't even share anything in case people can't control themselves. We kids or what? Like how you jumped to conclusion there brad imediatly telling me what I was thinking and what my intentions were. Tell me my lotto numbers will you? That last comment of yours is exactly what's wrong with society today. People tell people what they think and how they feel when there not even that person. Didnt want to get upset or whatever but that struck a nerve that last bit. Even though it wasn't my intent arnt you big and smart enough to look past that? Or does everything have to be taken into account before posting like feelings, people's love for certain drivers. If that's the etiquette then why has there been so many posts even from yourself that critisise this exact method? Tell me what Iam thinking now?

Yep, we do act like kids on here sometimes. a Quick glance from any visiting poster on the Lewis Hamilton hate speech thread will confirm this. Let's try and test ourselves. Lets post topics that may really be relevant to F1 and ourselves as true fans so that we all can have some meaningful discussions or updates etc

Your winning lotto numbers...play this everytime bud... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  all in numerical order

I do appreciate your input on here Webric, I've said it before, you keep us going...and I mean it. Its just such topics makes us go on a roundabout, I have'nt been posting much because of things like this. It's tiring

Fair enough and I appreciate the honesty and respect your opinion.

The one who was rorted twice by redbull strategy and outqulified this young gun in every GP so far as teammates? You mean that one?

Knock off the drugs bud.

Raikkonen - Coulthard Qualifying
10-7
Raikkonen - Coulthard Race
3-3

10-5
8-1

11-4
9-2

This was when kimi was at his best. His "best" window didn't last  now where near as long as Coutthards if that's your point? I will always hold Coulthard in higher reguard and as a better driver than kimi but that's purely my own opinion.