Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Lewis a prima donna and a brat

It is slowly surfacing up, that after incident in Spain Hamilton was already threatening team that he will leave. Reason - taking flak from management for taking both teammates out. 

This is what I've been saying and I copped so much crap over my opinions. This guy has no dignity at all, why even think about saying something at all when he and Rosberg touched in Spain and Austria. Then goes and holds everyone up in the last race to try take the title by default. How can he even concider himself an authentic racer? Why not just zip it and do it on the circuit? Rosberg had the title in the bag and he would've known that after the stops and more importantly once Rosberg got by verstappen. Why not attempt to drive away at that point and show the world he was still the fastes racing driver? I would've, just shows how low he will go to seek any advantage and win, same as in Spain, what does he think saying what he did would rewind time and allow him to having a second take at the Spanish GP? It was over, move on and just take that, put it in the pocket and just be more hungry next time. He can go on and break every record, win every race from here on out but no way in hell will anyone who has a passion for f1 hold him in the same category as authentic racers from the past. There's current and previous drivers that have had no where near the success he has had and I class them as not only gentlemen that are great sportsman but are more authentic racers than he is. There is a line you don't cross and he has crossed it by not having any reguard for children who see him as hero, by breaking laws and by trying to do this half a$$ and still expect the same results and help. Just this attitude that has become more apparent in the last 36 months, where he has no respect for himself or others and doesn't care that he shows it. People can argue that he is a racer and wants to win all the time but it's no excuse for his disrespectful image and I've always lived by the fact, to be a good winner, you need to be a good loser and this is something this man is not. Look at Seb and the others for example, congratulated Rosberg and said he was a deserving world champion, heck Vettel was even taking photos  with Rosberg. That alone says a lot if others have respect for a colleagues result, but Lewis didn't, he didn't even have the respect to join the after party with 14 other drivers opting to go to another club. He of anyone should've been the first there simply by the history they have together let alone drive the same car. I would've gained so much respect of Lewis turned up to congratulate Nico, not only would've I appreciated him more as a man, it would've been the sportsmanlike right thing to do.

Finally, looks like Lewis red-mist's washed away :

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/18173782/lewis-hamilton-congratulates-nico-rosberg-well-deserved-2016-f1-championship

Pity he couldn't be classy about it in the post-race interviews, but at least this goes some way towards amends. I can't fault him too much for his tactics in the race now that I think about it, but I did find his responses post-race to be in poor taste ( re-hashing the old, dead horse of a mechanics story, making it sound like he's the only person in history to have DNF's etc. ), glad to see he's come around.

Yeah hindsight is a beautiful thing isn't? Like I said, he would've known the title was gone once Nico got by verstappen, why not pull away and win by 30 odd seconds like he says he can always do if it wasn't for this or that? I like Lewis for the driver he is but as a person I cannot stand him and it's a shame because when he first came in and was just happy to be there, I liked him a lot, it's when he thought he was bigger than the sport that he lost my respect. Reason he's congratulates Nico now is because he realises what an idiot he looks like. Least he knows what everyone else was dealing with the last couple of seasons concerning engine reliability, this is the first season he took a penalty for engines and it was only once so it wasn't as bad as he made out and besides does it indicate that Nico knows how to preserve his power plant better than Lewis? Just a thought.

9 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Yeah hindsight is a beautiful thing isn't? Like I said, he would've known the title was gone once Nico got by verstappen, why not pull away and win by 30 odd seconds like he says he can always do if it wasn't for this or that? I like Lewis for the driver he is but as a person I cannot stand him and it's a shame because when he first came in and was just happy to be there, I liked him a lot, it's when he thought he was bigger than the sport that he lost my respect. Reason he's congratulates Nico now is because he realises what an idiot he looks like. Least he knows what everyone else was dealing with the last couple of seasons concerning engine reliability, this is the first season he took a penalty for engines and it was only once so it wasn't as bad as he made out and besides does it indicate that Nico knows how to preserve his power plant better than Lewis? Just a thought.

Perhaps yeah. Lewis squeezed his engine way too far and yes got a little faster than Nico, but so as his engine's life....

It was a tactical ploy for Lewis to take the engine penalty when he did. So when it came down to the end, he had fresher engines which obviously produce more hp.

Yeah but in all fairness, Nico basically had the perfect season. Still Lewis shouldn't have said or done what he did but when you count Nico letting him by in Monaco, the collision in Spain and Austria and his penalties, Nico had a season that would be basically impossible to repeat. Just glad he took what I think was his one and only opportunity and not stuff it in the wall like webber did.

No doubt, being competitive and driving for a competitive team on f1 would be a massive head ache and he would just add to the drama.

27 minutes ago, radical-one said:

I'm sure part of Nico's reason for retiring is getting tired of Lewis

In German media it sounds to me he weighed family life against life in (current) F1, being long time away from home, etc., and now we know that his family came first. Good for him! I would not be surprised to learn that he was less than happy with his team's management as well. (Refused to face Wolff, and phoned him instead, which is very uncustomary in German culture).

Makes one wonder if Hanna Prater will make copy cat move on Sebastian, who is in very similar situation to Rosberg's - young family, exposed to a lot of BS on and off the track, long time on the road, etc. It all adds up.

Maybe but Vettel doesn't have an idiot for a teammate who would make this harder than they have to be. Don't forget, Nico has dealt with Lewis for over 20 years, he would become a fly that you cant swat. This year especially once Lewis realised that Nico is more of a threat than ever, he would've made it that difficult, just that cap throwing incident proved the frustration the pair had and Nico realises he doesn't need to deal with this anymore. He has a loving family at home to return to. Lewis has nothing but f1 and while he was out partying and getting wasted it looks like Nico was at home doing his home work on where he needed to improve. Despite the fact the Mercedes was still a very dominant car, this year is the best we have ever seen Nico Rosberg. I've read comments on other forums where people have called him a coward for not atleast defending his title but in all honesty, why does he need to proove anything else to anyone? 

According to Lewis it's because Nico beat Lewis for the first time in 18 years. Why would you even say that? Just to give himself some reassurance? Can't stand the spot light being on someone else can he?

Probably embarrassed, his mother was at Abu Dhabi but she looks nothing like him and if it wasn't mentioned you wouldn't have even known it was his mother. He is his own worst enemy and needs this break to sit down and have a good hard look at himself, not while he is in the mirror doing his hair.

Is there anyone with whom he didn't have fallout? Line up is quite respectably long one; starting with several girlfriends, former friends, his farther, his personal management team, teammates, management in two teams, mechanics, media, the queen gave him s**t at the dinner*, so, who is left behind?

If I recall from the report on the incident, apparently he sat close to the monarch, and when he turned to her and said something smart without being actually invited to speak, she purportedly scolded him with a lecture that he will speak only when she shall asked him to speak. So, pi****g the queen is way to go, L.

Yeah he feel out with his father and look at the result. Went from a deciplined, respectful racer to an ignorant brat. As for the queen incident, I wouldn't dare let her tell me when I can and cannot speak, she's no better than me and I don't care if she is the queen of England, she's still a person like you or me. 

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Is there anyone with whom he didn't have fallout? Line up is quite respectably long one; starting with several girlfriends, former friends, his farther, his personal management team, teammates, management in two teams, mechanics, media, the queen gave him s**t at the dinner*, so, who is left behind?

If I recall from the report on the incident, apparently he sat close to the monarch, and when he turned to her and said something smart without being actually invited to speak, she purportedly scolded him with a lecture that he will speak only when she shall asked him to speak. So, pi****g the queen is way to go, L.

He will be left alone and lonely soon as he retires from F1. I heard rumor from one of Merc mechanic/crew that the management swapped pit crew/team this year because some of them were getting weary of Lewis. 

7 hours ago, radical-one said:

He will be left alone and lonely soon as he retires from F1. I heard rumor from one of Merc mechanic/crew that the management swapped pit crew/team this year because some of them were getting weary of Lewis. 

That's what I've read in a local paper as well. I am not entirely certain of factual time-line, but end of last year losses were attributed to claims, that Rosberg's mechanics were "better" than his, which probably also contributed to internal rotation.

Well your not going to work your best if you don't like your boss are you? That's a 100% given, could've been the mechanics that hurt Lewis's chances but he won't say it's his fault for turning people against him with his negative and derogatory remarks that are becoming consistant.

Yep. It's easy to see through these Lewis' types of self centered creatures. They get alienated most of the time. 

Well there's a difference between looking out for yourself and simply just caring about yourself. If you care about yourself to much, you get stuck in that routine and before you know it, it's only you and YOU that you care about and that self awareness turns into flatout selfishness and that's what has happened to Lewis. He went to Mercedes just as things were turning good and now it's "I know everything and how to do it" type attitude, the loudest one in a room is the weakest one.