Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Lewis a prima donna and a brat

Yes. I like cars when they were more mechanical than the now versions of fully dependent on computers. I just loved tinkering my cars.

You look at what a masterpiece the ae86. Well balanced,light rear wheel drive, just don't make this anymore, cheap is better quality nowadays.

On 6 July 2016 at 3:05 PM, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

Mercedes is there to sell their road cars, they think that Lewis helps them sell more cars than Nico does

Mercedes Benz is not doing too badly, but this month myth of Hamilton's (and the F1 as whole) positive influence on car sales was sufficiently debunked. Profits are 32% down. Money seems wasted on the F1, and brand awareness should find different methodology how to penetrate soft markets. But then, could this be hanged on Nico only? :unsure:

Mercedes road cars will sell with or without F1. IMO Merc spends a lot for it's F1 program that it is taking away a lot of the company's profits. 

Someone said before that Merc should withdraw from F1 soon and just stay as an engine supplier. It will make more moneysense I think...

31 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Mercedes road cars will sell with or without F1. IMO Merc spends a lot for it's F1 program that it is taking away a lot of the company's profits. 

Agree. MB's marketing division was once of opinion, that F1 provides "cheapest" form of advertising for the firm, but that was before year 2014. I am dubious, that this still holds up as a matter of fact in the age of hybrids. It is not mere coincidence, that BMW, a long time rival, is considering rather E-series as display of their might, while innovative Audi considers F1 as a bad investment altogether. A sizeable portion of MB's shareholders would rather see money spent on R&D in Germany, without any involvement with the F1.  

Totally. 

that's why Audi and Porsche contents themselves with LeMans and other road car races which catches more marketing promotions globally than F1.

I'd never buy anything like that, for that price, you can build an older skyline or supra that will eat anything those Germans or Italians put out and doing it with half the engine capacity I might add.

People who buy exotics know nothing about cars or only want to show of there money, much better cars can be built for far less money that will have better perfoance so you know it's not about that when you see a clown driving one of these.

Seems like you are suggesting that Italians and Germans do not know how to built a car, ugly and gasoline guzzler as it may be. Preposterous as this suggestion is, and don't get personal feelings in you way, what it has to do with Hamilton? I think we were discussing Hamilton's (nonexistent IMO) contribution to MB car sales.

Seems like your assuming again? I never said they can't build a car, I said you could build a better one for the same price and it would be one of a kind.

7 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Seems like your assuming again? I never said they can't build a car, I said you could build a better one for the same price and it would be one of a kind.

Could you elaborate on what you are saying? I am not certain that I understand your point. The connection with the topic discussed earlier is lost on me at the moment. It started with Hamilton is better than Rosberg because he sells more cars for MB (or maybe not), then we went onto marketing, and why other automakers do not participate, and now I am not sure what are we talking about.

Dw it was just an opinion that snowballed that's is all. 

Least he would've had plenty of time to catch Pokemon after his crash, I mean someone who couldn't keep of his phone before, defiantly won't be able to now, maybe he saw a peechu.

Well he likes to stay ahead of the trend doesn't he? Bet he has already caught them all lol. Haven't seen any nightclub pics lately, that almost confirms the long nights alone catching Pokemon.

In Hungary, Hamilton disagreed with Rosberg not being penalised in qualifying to the point that he even visited race control for clarification about how much a driver needs to slow for yellow flags.

And Bild newspaper now claims that Hamilton will raise the issue again in Friday’s race briefing ahead of the German grand prix at Hockenheim.

The report said Mercedes is not overly happy with Hamilton’s stance, especially having raised the issue directly with Charlie Whiting.

...Unthinkable in Japan.

Lewis must be worried about nico if he is looking to gain any advantage possible.

16 hours ago, Sakae said:

...Unthinkable in Japan.

He's a p@nk. He's not professional and he doesn't have moral values.

Gutierrez doesn't like him and how his appearance is not only affecting other drivers in f1 but himself. He's rude, disrepectful, arrogant and a sook. With that attitude, you wouldn't think he came from a struggling background, he acts like he is spoon fed.