Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Ten years of Sebastien Vettel

Hard to believe Seb has been in f1 for ten years now. Here's a video of  his onboard shots from the past ten seasons.

Good bunch of clips hey, you can see where he improved over the years.

Regarding Vettel, I do not understand British media. Maybe years of reading endless pages accentuating negatives, using suggestive words and casting doubts about him is clouding my mind with deep distrust. I think it was very similar to Schumacher. There are people on various forums (possessing a British law degree in fact), who feel free to talk about both drivers as criminals, cheaters, etc. Why's that? Some misguided supremacist ideas? Many fans left forums because of that, as it is being tolerated. I am probably one of the last ones who is still carrying torch, but it is getting tiring on occassions, and sometimes I think one would be better off to enjoy all up and downs in privacy. BTW, Kubica and Heidfeld, both were very negative about Vettel during his first trials, and in retrospect they both were wrong; especially that (expletive) Kubica. Vettel much later in a quiet conversation explained that he could have driven faster, but was cognizant of being tested and his future was hanging on the impression he creates, so, no mistakes like running off track, and secondly, he was concerned that he could smash expensive piece of equipment, before having full control of that car. Today of course it's all in the distant past. He is still being judged harsh, but he seems being OK with that.

Vettel cops it because of his attitude and the way he dealt with winning certain races and the way he done it, the constant "boo-ing" on podiums prooved that I wasn't the only one sick of his childish ways and attitude. But moving to Ferrari has matured him and you see just how more relaxed he is now even in media events. Totally different guy now behind the wheel and away from track, he has a good sense of humour and I think he will spend the rest of his days at Ferrari and I hope so because he is starting to win me over as a fan ever so slowly. It's not because he is no longer at redbull but I get this impression now that he will battle to the end and does what ever he can, that's what I like most about him now, the "never give up" attitude.