Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

McLaren Honda Doomed To Fail

Another improvement for McLaren in Hockenheim.

Definitely on the right track. They can beat Williams by the end of the season. Which makes me think, why would Button wanna move to Williams next year?

49 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Which makes me think, why would Button wanna move to Williams next year?

Because he has been replaced at McLaren by Vandoorne? I don't think he will leave if the decision is up to him.

I heard an interview where HE is weighing up the options, if next years car looks good he will stay otherwise he's going to leave.

Exactly what I thought about a week or two ago. In his shoes, having liberal choice, I think I would stay put at McBurger. I see Honda heading North, and Williams going sideways or South. Mind you, we have some feeling for this year, but nothing substantial for next year.

If I recall, I remember most of you guys saying mclaren is finished and all this. I was the only one saying they would bounce back, reserving your seat on the bandwagon already?

That's why I said "most of you" because I knew there were very very little that agreed with me on mclaren turning it around, few did but not many and I couldn't remember who it was. So chill out bro, not everything is a personal attack specifically at you, that's the hard part about the Internet, you cant really tell peoples intent like in real life with the likes of tone of voice and the way it was put forward for example.

INMHO if Jenson is to stay in F1 as a title contender than he MUST move out of McLaren.  Not sure Williams would be that superior winning team but would have to be better than where he come from, lets face it I don't think that Massa has extracted the BEST out of that Williams car this year....

Buttons speed is still there, it's just the age and with that taken into account, his only options are mclaren and Williams and that to is only based of rumour and opinion, he might not have anything but he may also have something we don't know, it's all speculation.

In all fairness to Massa, he is 20 points behind his teammate, however, he had 3 DNF(s) this year, whereas Bottas completed all races. Both drivers had nil points in two races they completed. Cup is half full. One can say that Bottas perhaps underperformed. Williams has their own view, and apparently they are prepared to kick out both drivers.  Problem is with the car, methinks; drivers do not forget how to drive, even in an off-year.

Williams car went backwards this year. It's crap.

To be honest, both their drivers are doing ok for the car package they provide If you put a less experienced driver in that car, they will be lapped in all races.

This news article caught my attention, because I am guessing that Apple's interest in McLaren does not have a lot to do with its race car team. If Apple did buy McLaren, what would happen with the team?

Computer industry generally is (allegedly) oversaturated, sales are all stagnating or dropping, thus I can understand their need for strategic diversification, but purchasing British McLaren is as far fetched, for my taste anyway, as it gets. I thought they are after electric cars, but maybe boss is a secretive fan of auto racing. I read on Apple developments weekly, but I cannot recall it would ever came up when several Apple-nerds get together. (I am however not one of them).

It would be a way for Apple to get people to use there products. Can see it now, it would take over the official timing and strike a deal that everyone uses there communications. That's what there plan is.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

Computer industry generally is (allegedly) oversaturated, sales are all stagnating or dropping, thus I can understand their need for strategic diversification, but purchasing British McLaren is as far fetched, for my taste anyway, as it gets. I thought they are after electric cars, but maybe boss is a secretive fan of auto racing. I read on Apple developments weekly, but I cannot recall it would ever came up when several Apple-nerds get together. (I am however not one of them).

Could be little bit of this?

McLaren - the power behind Formula E

McLaren denies having any discussion with Apple. Credibility of that? Each of us can believe, or disbelieve that. I know where I stand.

On 8/1/2016 at 7:14 PM, Sakae said:

I am not "most of you" then, and I challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

same here.

10 hours ago, Emmcee said:

It would be a way for Apple to get people to use there products. Can see it now, it would take over the official timing and strike a deal that everyone uses there communications. That's what there plan is.

Makes biz senz

Hesitating?

Hasegawa-san of course is correct in his admission, that it's easy to spend tokens, however it is something else is to obtain best possible return for that investment. I am merely hoping that boys in Sakura centre do realize it's only 6 races to go this year, so, as the cliche goes, use it, or loose it.