Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

McLaren Honda Doomed To Fail

Honda have taken a massive step in engine power this year, even more so on the back half of this season. They'll be closer towards the front next year.

PLUS Apple will take over bringing in tons of Cash !

McLaren will make it back on top soon - NOT FAIL as suggested by this Thread

8 hours ago, radical-one said:

PLUS Apple will take over bringing in tons of Cash !

McLaren will make it back on top soon - NOT FAIL as suggested by this Thread

That Apple thing might be just media created nonsense, that's how I feel. Apple is a company which is known to keep their plans pretty much under the lid, and no-one knows what they want to do, or why McLaren would be an object of their acquisition plans. There is well known and respected securities analyst in Asia, who is also known for precision of his forecasts on Apple business, yet he is not commenting on this rumor, despite that he is known to say in the past a thing or two about such events. McLaren can have all cash they need right now, I am however guessing, that it is not cash that is their weak spot, but it is (lack of) time, ideas, and validation of the development. Six races to go. Honda is not certain how to spend the tokens, and get biggest bang out of it.

I should be forgiven if I have misunderstood what's in stake, but on the internet there is a lot of noise that Apple might be acquiring McLaren lock-stock-and-barrel for some inexplicable reasons. I thought that's a very much different transaction than having an apple picture on their car, and paying just for that dubious honor.

After many years (since first XT PC), I was a Win-guy, until two years ago. I had enough of Balmer, and especially Nadella, thus I shuffled across, bought my MacPro Retina, iPhone, and whole ball of wax, became Apple-converter, and never looked back. Problem is, Apple might need money for something else than supporting some company in England. iPhone 7 in China is not selling well, Huawei is up, and who know how the future will looks like. Apple has plenty of cash, that's true, but maybe not that much for tossing it around meaninglessly. Is purchasing of McLaren proper course for diversification? I am not really qualified to answer that, but I doubt it. 

In German papers Apple has been described to do some really sloppy add campaign in China (by a German journalist who lives there for 20 years). Maybe they took their fame for granted, but that was probably a mistake. 

Apple - McLaren explained.

Linked article explains the relationship, and puts faces on the rumors. Conclusion, project is not dead, but not now, and we tell you end of next year what we want to do with autos, and not just perhaps with McLaren exclusively. Good read.

Still is and can become all positive for McLaren. At least we know they are doing something about their situation. Just a matter of time when McLaren will get backk to the top grid. 

Exactly and with button still helping with development work it can only benifit them.

Ron is history. Zac Brown will take the COO role and there could be a titular Chairman like ex-Sainsbury's boss King. I would love to have Ross Brawn involved somewhere but he won't go within a mile of a politics-biased position. He is an engineer. Where this puts Capito, I don't know. He has no F1 experience - Ross has. I think Button was appraised of these possible changes and decided to let the dust settle.

Brawn also said with the current regulations, what is it he could actually do that would benifit a team?

Dennis is fighting back, but I am wondering how does that helps? There is obviously a rupture between him and his partners, and courts are not going to bridge big divide, turning them all into life long friends. Can someone actually explain based on facts what happened, and why they are trying to get rid of him? Jost Capito, new arrival, must be "thrilled" in those uncertain times.

How can they get rid of him? Doesn't he own majority of the team?

@Emmcee Apparently he does not, but my original question stands, namely, why, and why now his business partners are trying to unseat him as CEO? I've followed glimpses of headlines over past several decades as everybody else, and I have my own opinion on the matter, but never mind that. Either his partners run out of patience with his style of management there (which is probably why Jost Capito, a German, was hired), or something else happened. I am sure that sooner or later we will read about it - only in best terms, of course, despite that it might be too late for that, because he is kicking back, I do not want to go as yet.

5 minutes ago, radical-one said:

They/McLaren will be bought out by some Chinese company very soon.

I read it too just now.

An unidentified consortium of Chinese investors has made a $2.08 billion takeover bid for McLaren with group head Ron Dennis seeking to stay in charge, Sky News reported on Friday.

It said the offer, which Sky understood was presented to shareholders by Dennis last week, involved an asset manager and private equity funding. No details were given.

The report, written by city editor Mark Kleinman, said Dennis’s move prompted the 69-year-old’s fellow shareholders – Bahrain’s sovereign wealth fund Mumtalakat and Saudi-born businessman Mansour Ojjeh – “to launch a plot to oust him as chief executive”.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/587492/Dennis_loses_McLaren_court_fight_after_16bn_bid__report/

Many changes at McLaren. I like Ron Dennis. I hope he stays with the team unless he himself wants to leave.

Chinese company owning an F1 team, that will be interesting....

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

Many changes at McLaren. I like Ron Dennis. I hope he stays with the team unless he himself wants to leave.

Chinese company owning an F1 team, that will be interesting....

It is suppose to be a hedge fund entity. HEDGE FUND!!! Do you still think it shall be interesting? I rather think it will be end of McLaren as we know it, which is probably enough of a reason for his partners to press red button with a label - it's time to panic. Hedge fund does not creates, but sucks blood out of its victims, all in legal way, of course. Modern era vampires. Their credo - we must make money; it does not matter how we do it, as long as we do it.

I thought Ron himself owned 49% of the team and the other 51% was divided amongst companies and share holders etc.

On November 12, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Sakae said:

It is suppose to be a hedge fund entity. HEDGE FUND!!! Do you still think it shall be interesting? I rather think it will be end of McLaren as we know it, which is probably enough of a reason for his partners to press red button with a label - it's time to panic. Hedge fund does not creates, but sucks blood out of its victims, all in legal way, of course. Modern era vampires. Their credo - we must make money; it does not matter how we do it, as long as we do it.

Interesting doesn't translate to fun or good as you think I meant. I was more leaning on the sarcasm side. I am Japanese so why do you think I would feel that way?

I know what hedge fund is I worked for 25 years in several Financial institutions - Tokyo Stock exchange. 

Stop under estimating people you do not know.

That seems to be the way he works rad. If he has no idea he assumes and immediately thinks he's correct. I've tried to pull him up numerous times on it but he thinks he's always right. Even if you've experienced it and you know yourself your 100% correct, your still wrong. Just look at this Vettel incident he still carries on about, even when Charlie explains why it happened, it's still a rort and an attack personally on Vettel, even when I post something, it's always a personal attack even if I never intended it to be that way, he knows people better than they know themselves. Modern day Nostradamus perhaps? That's why we get along so well rad, we keep it real and tell it how it is, even if it's dirt on our favourite driver, with him, it's always a conspiracy or a personal attack, then comes not answering posts because he doesn't have the ammo to fight back. Least we know were we both stand hey? That's why now when I chat to him I have to clarify every single detail so there's no excuse or loop hole he can use to claim your doing this or that, becomes an absolute pain in the a$$ tbh.

1 hour ago, radical-one said:

Interesting doesn't translate to fun or good as you think I meant. I was more leaning on the sarcasm side. I am Japanese so why do you think I would feel that way?

I know what hedge fund is I worked for 25 years in several Financial institutions - Tokyo Stock exchange. 

Stop under estimating people you do not know.

I'am sorry for such misunderstanding, but it wasn't intended that way.

On 11/13/2016 at 8:28 PM, Sakae said:

I'am sorry for such misunderstanding, but it wasn't intended that way.

No problem Sakae. :cheers: