Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

Thank god Charlie Wimpy Whiting is going

WTF was up with the start of the race?  Why do the drivers and the organisers moddy coddle each other all the time?  It was so dry when the safety car came in they put on inters!

And I dont care if the track is covered in standing water.  SLOW DOWN and DRIVE TO THE CONDITIONS and it wont be a problem.

5 hours ago, spiral.out said:

WTF was up with the start of the race?  Why do the drivers and the organisers moddy coddle each other all the time?  It was so dry when the safety car came in they put on inters!

And I dont care if the track is covered in standing water.  SLOW DOWN and DRIVE TO THE CONDITIONS and it wont be a problem.

Yep spot on mate, these guys don't even get challenged, the only one getting challenged was verstappen for driving the balls of his car. A race driver will only go as fast as he/she feels the grip is available, if it isn't and you spin of, just another thing you've learned for next time.

What he said

but of course look at the USA example, like if someone sneezes on the track ...race stopped too wet....too dangerous   !!!!  Just another way to F_)(*&%$^ k up a race meeting and then have a penalty for the wrong words used over the radio ?  give us a break.  why cant the top of the pile drivers just bloody drive the car.  NO RADIO just pit boards.solves the problem 

Examples of classic racing of other series is probably not applicable to current F1 due to level of technoloy, and putting a cart ahead of horse is something only FiA is able to do. Technology, intertwined with draconian reliability demands, is simply too complex to be left to driver alone. I am all for gradual reduction of pit-wall influence, and increasing driver't autonomy, but there has to be a plan, how to implement that philosophy in most sensible manner. I know it is too much to ask when one uses term "sensible" with relationship to F1, but it't the only way. Driver today is OK, when all works, but all hell breaks loose, if it doesn't. Makes no sense to me first impose upon driver all those knobs on his wheel, make him fully dependent on information flow through his radio, and then overnight toss him overboard.

What the hek is going on with software "correcting" my writing? I read what I wrote, save it, and then I see it is full of typos and something else.

I thought it was the deputy director that was retiring, and not Charlie.

Charlie needs to go however. He has been the one constant over the years that has brought this sport into the farcical. There are too many things this idiot has done to make F1 less of a spectucular sport that it is. I'm not going to bother with all this atrocious and absurb additions and removals he's done to F1. I'd happily keep Bernie around for the next 100 years, but Charlie needs to go pronto.

22 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

I thought it was the deputy director that was retiring, and not Charlie.

Correct.

Yeah sorry its not Charlie thats going.

What do you think of the proposed wet starting rules next year.  Basically they drive around in circles, then stop and do a normal start.

Why not scrap wet races all together? They don't even race when it's wet now anyway so scrap the wet tyre and allow more testing with the extra funds. Last race was a joke when you look back at races like Barcelona 96,monaco 97, spa 98 and if these rules were in effect years ago, we wouldn't have seen the best ever lap in a GP with senna at donington in 93, so many good drives wouldn't have been seen, just imagine the ones were missing now?

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

...wrong thread

Lmao, spiral created the thread and your telling him he can't say what he did?

Of course not. My post was submitted into a different thread than intended. Unfortunately I could not just delete it, and re-post it elsewhere. Perhaps my left over note could have been more explanatory of my mistake.

All good mate, yeah this forum update is full of bugs. I experienced what you have mentioned a few times and what a pain. I always use a phone or tablet so I have to quote the site and reload it it just to read the previous page and that's only if it's able to be selected.

So......should Rosberg get his qualifying lap time cancelled because he ignored the yellow flags?

3 hours ago, Emmcee said:

All good mate, yeah this forum update is full of bugs. I experienced what you have mentioned a few times and what a pain. I always use a phone or tablet so I have to quote the site and reload it it just to read the previous page and that's only if it's able to be selected.

Who do you guys talk to so as to correct the forum bug problems? I am having a problem paging through threads.

2 hours ago, Ruslan said:

So......should Rosberg get his qualifying lap time cancelled because he ignored the yellow flags?

Perhaps your information has not been updated:

“[Rosberg] had a big lift into the yellow zone, lost quite some time. But then at the end the yellow zone was gone. It should be OK from our data,” Wolff told Sky.

The stewards did talk to Rosberg....so probably didn't just take Toto Wolff's opinion on the subject. Don't know what the actual rules and standards are, but it is an interesting (although currently not relevant) question.

When facts of the matter get separated from opinions, all was accepted as legal. No issue there.

23 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Who do you guys talk to so as to correct the forum bug problems? I am having a problem paging through threads.

Iam not sure mate tbh.

I can think of one old bat that needs to go before him.