Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Mercedes interested in Alonso?

I think is just more paddock gossip, as usual, after they sent a meaningless tweet applauding Alonso's ability not to crash against the wall after he spun off the track. Let's not forget he would've never been on that situation if he actually stayed on the dry part of the track.

Now let's also not forget that Alonso and Hamilton were already team mates back in 2007 when they were at Mclaren and what happened that year was a complete shambles... I don't think Mercedes would be stupid enough to think that Alonso would not be an even greater rival to Hamilton than what Nico is. We would actually see them loosing the title to whoever that is second or third just as it happened back then at Mclaren.

Alonso also wants to stay at Mclaren as they have a good shot at getting things right for 2017 which is why he signed up for just as Hamilton did in 2012 with Mercedes. Anyway only time will tell so let's just wait and see.

G'day and welcome, you make some very valid points and i hope you enjoy it here.

6 hours ago, JuanAparicio95 said:

I think is just more paddock gossip, as usual, after they sent a meaningless tweet applauding Alonso's ability not to crash against the wall after he spun off the track. Let's not forget he would've never been on that situation if he actually stayed on the dry part of the track.

Now let's also not forget that Alonso and Hamilton were already team mates back in 2007 when they were at Mclaren and what happened that year was a complete shambles... I don't think Mercedes would be stupid enough to think that Alonso would not be an even greater rival to Hamilton than what Nico is. We would actually see them loosing the title to whoever that is second or third just as it happened back then at Mclaren.

Alonso also wants to stay at Mclaren as they have a good shot at getting things right for 2017 which is why he signed up for just as Hamilton did in 2012 with Mercedes. Anyway only time will tell so let's just wait and see.

Evidently the real problem/trouble maker is Lewis the p@nk.

So much for trust in what we heard from Lauda, that Rosberg stays, deal is almost done, pending resolution of some small formality.

48 minutes ago, Sakae said:

So much for trust in what we heard from Lauda, that Rosberg stays, deal is almost done, pending resolution of some small formality.

The small formality is how they make the soup. Stuttgart may consider Lewis too much of a luxury, contract or not. If you think about it, where does Hamilton go now? If he get's his 4th WDC he should be priceless but McLaren is the only team with a seat who could afford him. I think he may be US bound anyway. Nico is German but a cry baby. Wehrlein is far more low-maintenance.  We may be talking Alonso/Pascal here and LH gets the nudge. Mercedes will not stand for another season of crap from their drivers whoever they may be. What Woking do may be the issue now. Think about it: who would hire Nico? I wouldn't.

I should stay away letting out what I think of Hamilton (cannot spare several hours for a long rant), but fact is, this guy is not helping himself by being quoted shortly after private meeting with brass and Rosberg, that he is not changing his driving style, or nothing has changed for him, and if he see the gap, he will go for it, etc., despite that Wolff left footprints on the ceiling.  

Hamilton has managed to come out this way couple of times already, which leaves pubic perception of Rosberg as the one, who is actually on the carpet every time there is clash on the track. Nico is consequently a toast and whimp in public perception as a driver.

Mr. x - totally new driver next to Pascal might be probably a very good solution for them, because I've noticed to Hamilton's trips over the pond, bought a house and condo there, so writing is on the wall.

36 minutes ago, Insider said:

The small formality is how they make the soup. Stuttgart may consider Lewis too much of a luxury, contract or not. If you think about it, where does Hamilton go now? If he get's his 4th WDC he should be priceless but McLaren is the only team with a seat who could afford him. I think he may be US bound anyway. Nico is German but a cry baby. Wehrlein is far more low-maintenance.  We may be talking Alonso/Pascal here and LH gets the nudge. Mercedes will not stand for another season of crap from their drivers whoever they may be. What Woking do may be the issue now. Think about it: who would hire Nico? I wouldn't.

I'd hire nico before Lewis even over the results because an attitude like Lewis's being an emotional rollout coaster would be contagious to the working environment and besides Nico doesn't cry no where near as much as Lewis, even when it's obvious he got the short straw.

Yep it's even contagious through the TV towards his fans.

I so badly want to like Lewis as i think he is a phenomenal driver but when he gets out the car, I then realise why I don't like him.

If your a true f1 fan, you have to like him as a driver he's exciting to watch you must admit, it's just the personality I don't like.

4 hours ago, Emmcee said:

If your a true f1 fan, you have to like him as a driver he's exciting to watch you must admit, it's just the personality I don't like.

Poppyc#ck, Emmcee. (Sorry). Whose wisdom is that? For me an auto-race is diversion, pleasure time, moments I spend with people I am at ease, and in comfort. It's a package, and a driver is big part of it. That's my criterion, and neither Hamilton or Alonso fit into that frame. Both are in red zone for me. As one Japanese CEO in automotive industry declared, The Japanese (managers) don't want people who do a good job but have a bad attitude.  I am on the same page with him, but then, after several decades with the F1, maybe I am not a true F1 fan, and no one told me yet.

Well Iam only interested in formula one and nothing else. Iam a huge alonso fan but I think he is a d!ck of a person but because I like f1 I like alonso for his driving ability and nothing else. And the attitude of the driver, how does that affect you personally? I might sound like a hypercrit because I've said this but consistantly bang Hamilton for his of circuit adventures but the difference there is he is promoting illegal this he does when he should be a role model and since I have young kids who are f1 fans aswell, that's when it becomes personal beyond driving and I'll be the same if any other driver acted like that.

21 hours ago, Emmcee said:

I am a true f1 fan that's why I don't like his driving attitude. For ex. Nico lets him passed in Monaco and he end up winning. 

He paid back by crashing on Nico on the very next race in Canada which he won again and Nico ending up in 5th.

That's not somebody I can admire or like in racing being an F1 fan. Sorry Emm.

Fair enough, but I just see it as an incident in racing and try not take it beyond that.