Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Hungary - 2016

Yeah but 2004 was the fastest formula one has ever been so you'll find most circuits are still held with a 2004 lap record.

Will they break it with the 2017 cars? That remains to be seen.

Also, if the 2004 cars were faster than nowadays then what sort of development have they done in for the past 12 years? Looks backwards from my standpoint.

Not to mention the Halo that may come up LOL :lol: 

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

Will they break it with the 2017 cars? That remains to be seen.

Also, if the 2004 cars were faster than nowadays then what sort of development have they done in for the past 12 years? Looks backwards from my standpoint.

Not to mention the Halo that may come up LOL :lol: 

That's the whole reason they changed everything because the cars were getting to fast. That's why there's so many rules and regulations now, can you imagine the speeds they would be doing today if there faster 12 years ago and restrictions weren't in place? The would be lapping spa in like a minute lol.

I think the story here is if Ferrari is still competitive with Red Bull. I don't think they will be...but they are claiming they are not the #3 team. They have looked slower than Red Bull at the last couple of races. 

Well Iam almost certain they'll be behind redbull in Hungary.

I am too, which is why I was surprised at some of the comments coming out of the Ferrari camp.

Chassis issues I beleive as they defiantly have the power.

It's not that, they just didn't make that extra step forward when they had the chance therefore not making the most of the opportunity and now there suffering for it.

Well they weren't much better of without him were they?

I don't know how Williams can revive their team. They've had different drivers, engines, engineers etc., but none of them really made a lot of improvements. Soon as we thought they were on the right track, they lay an egg - Total inconsistent.

I used to root for Williams but now I am losing my interest because they're all over the place.

This time I am more interested in seeing McLaren get back in the saddle and be one of the top 3-4 teams. 

Let's be honest, there lineup can do the job and has done before, we have seen that, it's just they have taken a step back from where they were last season. Massa and bottas are still quick and are still a good challenge when there up to pace, I just think they've fallen back.

They have fallen a little plus RB and Ferrari gained a lot so it almost looks like Williams fallen heavy.

But like you said, drivers are ok but the package i.e. recent front wing is crappy.

FP 2 - Ferari guys

We can hope. There is always hope. We can improve. So - I am hopeful.