Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruslan

Should Vettel have stayed at Red Bull?

So, should Vettel have stayed at Red Bull? It appears that Red Bull has surpassed Ferrari even though the Ferrari engine still looks stronger than the Renault. But, the downward trend at Ferrari and the upward trends at Red Bull and McLaren, sort of indicates that Ferrari is looking for even a rougher year next year. Was Vettel's move from Red Bull to Ferrari a mistake?  

No, thanks. He is happy where he is, he has realized the challenge he will be faced with, he was content with that prospect, and he is not backing off. The team had pile of rotten luck this year, and with other teams rising up, even a small error gets magnified. Ferrari is where he belongs. I do continue to believe, that RBR was tired from media snarling because of his WDC crowns, and Seb had to leave. Phone call from Sabine came in right moment.

You can look at it that way but you could also look at it that Ricciardo would've made his titles look like chump change if he beat him again and I think that would've helped his decision. So there's always two sides to look at it and the latest rumour that he is preparing and "exit" clause so if things are still bad in 18-24 months he could leave. People always rag on schumi but schumi never whinged, he just did it on track and that's something Vettel didn't learn from him.

Well, not sure where he would go in 2018 (if he choose to go)......my sense is that he wants to stay at Ferrari forever (which may not be good for his career). There are no slots at Mercedes, not sure about Red Bull (do they want him back), probably won't be at McLaren (assuming Alonso is still there). So I am guessing he is going to be at Ferrari for at least 2017 and 2018. Not sure when his contract runs out.

My take is, we will see at the end of the season.Ferrari will get back and up to where, we don't know yet.

I also feel that people who know the calibre of driver Vettel is, just shows how good schumi was and just how much work he put in to get them where they were. And in my honest opinion it is quite possible that Ferrari would still be a mid order team without the efforts that schumi put in all those years ago. Ferrari hasn't been the same since either so Schumacher was incredibly good at his job in the car and out of it.

20 hours ago, Emmcee said:

I also feel that people who know the calibre of driver Vettel is, just shows how good schumi was and just how much work he put in to get them where they were. And in my honest opinion it is quite possible that Ferrari would still be a mid order team without the efforts that schumi put in all those years ago. Ferrari hasn't been the same since either so Schumacher was incredibly good at his job in the car and out of it.

+10

Michael Schumacher is a board certified auto-mechanic, and in that role quite frequently people were aware of him working on his racing car as late as 2 am, helping out, and learning ins and outs of every single part. Today with hybrids, things are of course different, and complexity level is such, that an engineering degree is must.

Bah I can guarantee the driver would know the same if not more than these engineers today, after all, there using the product, the other guys just make it.

Vettel wanted to break free from the Red Bull atmosphere where Mateschitz, Marko and Horner thought they owned him.

He had become typecast as a Red Bull product, and after 4 WDCs wished to try something different.

He must have guessed that probably another title at RB was very unlikely after his disastrous 2014 season .

Ferrari looked like a safe bet then; it had the second-best power-unit then.

2017 should provide the answer about his choice; will Ferrari progress or regress?

It's not that it's everyone at ferrari wanting to be king of the house and it's affecting them on circuit.