Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruslan

Germany - 2016

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Ferrari is on 2017 design more than a month. (source Vettel).

Didn't he also say everyone else would be to? 

Oh.......and apparently Vettel stayed out when he was asked to pit.....meaning he lost the chance to pass Verstappen using pit strategy.

........................................YAWN  BORING AGAIN.......................

2 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Oh.......and apparently Vettel stayed out when he was asked to pit.....meaning he lost the change to pass Verstappen using pit strategy.

Yep he sure did, twice as a matter of fact and then asked why and who he was undercutting if he pitted. If this was alonso, people would want his head, double standards once again.

Oh....I am not so sure about all these claims of "double standards".....the fundamental issue is that we have three very good drivers in F1, almost legendary figures, who all have their flaws, as both drivers and as people. It is the people who look for a perfect hero that are either frustrated or delusional.

How much do people want to give Vettel before they admit he has done something wrong?

19 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Vettle screwed up his chance in Germany

He has suggested the same regarding a call when to pit.

Imagine what the alonso haters would've said if he did it? "Fernando thinks he runs the team" and blah blah blah, shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house so to speak.

10 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Oh.......and apparently Vettel stayed out when he was asked to pit.....meaning he lost the chance to pass Verstappen using pit strategy.

I think that what Vettel said was very sensible, he was too far back from Verstappen to undercut him and given their problems he wanted to have fresh tyres towards the end of the race, IMHO he was right both on his call and on speaking his mind (they all do that, they speak all the time with the pit wall, we only get to hear what Bernie wants us to hear)

I know that some of you used to be interested in what Fomrula 1 Analisi Tecnica used to write so maybe you might find this interesting

http://www.formula1benzing.eu/

the chap knows what he's talking about (when I started racing single seaters I studies aerodynamics on his books, same as every other driver that I know of) and he know believes that renault are using much more petrol than they should be allowed to. It's a very interesting analysis, enjoy the reading (if you can, otherwise just look at the graphs)

Fuel density Mercedes and RBR are using is suspect for some time. Now I have to learn Italian too?

11 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

It's a beautiful language, and very useful too :icecream::specool::beer:

Being at risk that I am sucking up to an Italian, I fully agree. From my a few visits I love Italy, and everything that goes with it, from sense of style, sense of tradition, from love of mama to Il Volo, vine, cheese, espresso, food, olive oil, not to forget that Italian women aren't bad at all. 

1 hour ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

I think that what Vettel said was very sensible, he was too far back from Verstappen to undercut him and given their problems he wanted to have fresh tyres towards the end of the race, IMHO he was right both on his call and on speaking his mind (they all do that, they speak all the time with the pit wall, we only get to hear what Bernie wants us to hear)

Team knows more than him when it comes to pit strategy with all the telementary, if he listened, we might not have had to hear his blue flag rant that's becoming the norm.

2 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Team knows more than him when it comes to pit strategy with all the telementary, if he listened, we might not have had to hear his blue flag rant that's becoming the norm.

at Ferrari at the moment they don't know much of what is going on around them so I fully support Vettel for speaking his mind

Moreover, I would like to know why Vettel only is being labeled as ranting about blue flags, when this issue actually came up with number of other drivers as well this year alone.

44 minutes ago, Publius Cornelius Scipio said:

at Ferrari at the moment they don't know much of what is going on around them so I fully support Vettel for speaking his mind

Cmon man were you asleep or under a rock when people were bashing alonso when he simply said the car packed pace, yet here we have Vettel doing what he did at redbull and decides to do his own thing and all of a sudden it's fine? Tad hypercritical IMO, Iam sure Vettel would know more than engineers who have access to current telementary that he can't see imediatly.

31 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Moreover, I would like to know why Vettel only is being labeled as ranting about blue flags, when this issue actually came up with number of other drivers as well this year alone.

I expected a comment like this from you, any other driver it's whinging or carrying on ohh imagine if dan said it race after race after race, you would be the first to cry about it. Yeah others have complained your completely correct but race in and race out as a release for his frustration, not to mention the car he was complaining about was like 5-10 car lengths up the bloody road. Look at Hungary for example, verstappen dived down the inside of Vettel EXACTLY like kvyat did and forced Vettel to turn away exactly the same as the kvyat incident but since he didn't crash into anyone this time, nothing was said. Iam over these double standards and people letting Vettel get away with murder when if it was another driver in his position, we would never here the end of it. Just pointing it out that's all, no harm done by it just trying to expose the inconsistencies.

1 minute ago, Emmcee said:

Cmon man were you asleep or under a rock when people were bashing alonso when he simply said the car packed pace, yet here we have Vettel doing what he did at redbull and decides to do his own thing and all of a sudden it's fine? Tad hypercritical IMO, Iam sure Vettel would know more than engineers who have access to current telementary that he can't see imediatly.

Bashing a driver for being a "primadonna" or a "whiner" is one of the laziest ways of justifying our own prejudices. And yes, the counterpart is saying "he spoke his mind" when the "primadonna" or "whiner" is someone we like.

In the end, is all about the driving. Whining, being egotistical and moody is something almost no driver can escape and rarely affects negatively their driving skills. Even Dan (sorry) has been grumpy as of late.

Alonso is sarcastic, Vettel is angry, Lewis cries, Rosberg yells, Kimi groans and complains. And so did Ayrton, Prost, Lauda, Piquet, Schumacher, etc. And I don't think complaining more or less had any impact on their driving. Alonso and Vettel cried like babies all during their 2014 Silverstone battle. And only mediocre idiots would focus on their insults and not enjoy one of the finest battles we had in recent times.

Choose your favorite driver and your most hated driver and do the same excercise. You will enjoy F1 a lot more if you don't watch it as some soap opera/big brother feature but as a pure skill and techincal spectacle (with funny, funny soap opera bits!)

1 hour ago, Emmcee said:

I wasn't bashing Alonso at the time, and I still rate him the best overall out there at the moment and I think that what sets great drivers apart from good ones is their ability to provide the team with leadership and guidance and I'm glad that Vettel has enough brain to explain to his engineers why he can't undercut - with that car, under those circumstances - someone who is 10 seconds ahead of him and pulling away

They all say too many things over the radio, you hear what FOM wants you to hear

Drivers are conducting what is in essence a private conversation intended for team's consumption, while outsiders are invading their privacy, then blowing their opinionated horns and critiquing drivers, in some cased with total loss of a reason. FOM should block all aural access by Live Timing commentators, but I doubt that's where we are heading, unfortunately.