Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruslan

The Impact of the 2017 Rule Changes

Yeah to an extent but they need to rid this fuel flow limit and bring back refuelling. I can't understand how they can't, it's brings a whole other element of strategy.

Love how they named it the "Halo" stating it will save lives. Imagine if it aided in the death of a driver, it would be called the "death bar" or something like that.

Refueling pro and cons were discussed to death before. My recollection is of three factors which might have prevented refueling to come back. Safety, cost, and opinion, that fixed volume of fuel for the race and flow control is good for racing. Sure, refueling adds risk to racing, but can be controlled. More people and material would have to be hauled around, but I thought that shall be offset by better racing when drivers can step on it without having to worry about running out of juice. Problem is, thought of this kind leads to number of units a team would use due to higher wear and tear, additional cost, etc., etc. Poor millionaires do not like it.

Well if they don't keep coming up with new engine formulas every 5 years and then they could easily afford it. All this money they suposidely save all gets burned up when having to develop a new engine formula.

New spending (new PU) was instigated, if I got my facts correctly, jointly by Mr. E and Mr. Horner with his buddies. 

Ed. I am actual uncertain whether this issue was actually closed at all.

Horner wouldn't have came up with the proposal other wise redbu ll would be more dominant than they already were. More like Mercedes asked for it, as I beleive it was already built to show them a "demo" model.

Business as usual.

Some terrible, selfish attitudes towards quality of racing down the road.

Ed. This is funny, how Alonso is suddenly in the news, that drivers testing new rubber will have unfair advantage over rest of the field. I don't get that, because his employer McLaren, could have participated in those tests, but at the end decided not to. Has Alonso changed his mind, or his lords do not consult with underlings? It's nice of him to actually indirectly critique his organization. I thought desire for balanced approach to testing could have been raised in timely manner with FiA before testing began. Why cry now over spilt milk?

At the end one could argue, that a party which will gain from those test is probably Mercedes. Others changed much on their car through continuous development, and it could be therefore perhaps challenging to consider an old car as a benchmark.