Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Monza 2016

Qualification: Haas is ahead of McLaren on both counts.

A few announcements who is in, and who is out next year. Button surprised me; I do not want to be rude, but he might be in self-denial that it is over. Forever.

Grid composition - as expected, bar shock where Guti is (in P10).

Weather We need our dear friend Publius to do some translation, but from pictures I gather it looks yak-yak.

Not bad on buttons behalf to still make good money next year while doing less work and still have a contract TO RACE in 2018 is a brilliant deal. We know the 2018 race option is there if alonso retires but I doubt we'll seem him race again but it's a awesome deal to still get paid for 2018 if he doesn't drive. Very smart position mclaren has got themselves in to. The satisfy vandoorne by finally giving him the seat they promised while keeping two world champions in the books. Couldn't ask for more IMO. See alonso saying before this announcement that button is the best he has ever work with. Obviously he was trying to persuade button to stay on as teammate as he knows buttons speed and how to deal with it where as Vandoorne he doesn't.

Grosjean ended a race a position ahead of McLaren. Must be sweet accomplishment. Jordan was drooling before race over Hamilton's invincibility, but I don't think today he learned any lessons, even if he got one, like it, or not. Congratulation to Nico, Seb, and Kimi. All good. Race had good attendance.

Jordan claimed that Ecclestone won't be in the paddock in Singapore, due to sale of the circus to the US entity. BE may, or may not have his job with new owners.

Speed trap: ranking 16 and 18 for Vettel respectively = merits wow factor.

Wow, look at all the discussion this classic Grand Prix track generated!  We must do everything we can to keep this race that has captivated and fascinated so many. ;)

-me, the guy who loves the track in Bahrain

No congratulations for Ricciardo? Who made a huge move on bottas, imagine if that was verstappen? Ohh I could see the posts about it now, yet dan came from much further back.

In time charts, in Sector 1 Vettel and Raikonnen were faster only over Wehrlein and Nasr, beaten by everyone else, yet ended in P3 and P4. Sectors 2 and 3 were at mid pack performances for both drivers.

I am not sure what to make of it. Seb won a lot of races with RBR while not topping top speeds, but being placed that far is new low for me. (Data makes mockery from claims about having "fast" car).

Just ignore my previous post directed at you, nothing usual there, can't explain it most likely. But to answer YOUR question, I've seen lots of race winners with mid field speed trap rankings. 

On 4/9/2016 at 8:27 AM, Sakae said:

Weather We need our dear friend Publius to do some translation, but from pictures I gather it looks yak-yak.

Sorry Sakae but I was in London and I find logging in from my ipad a bit difficult, however I was hoping for rain, they said that it would rain but it didn't, and today looks like being more of the same...

Even though I can't read Italian, I still think the 2015 Ferrari looked better.

I am not sure if I have understood machine translation, but 2 major ideas came across (which may or may not be correct interpretation):

1. Ferrari is developing 2 cars encompassing pull and push rod solutions each respectively. (Not sure about that).

2. No decision has been made which solution will be deployed in next year context. 

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

I am not sure if I have understood machine translation, but 2 major ideas came across (which may or may not be correct interpretation):

1. Ferrari is developing 2 cars encompassing pull and push rod solutions each respectively. (Not sure about that).

2. No decision has been made which solution will be deployed in next year context. 

they say (I only looked at the title, sorry but I'm in a hurry) that Ferrari is planning to return to a pull rod solution for next year

Hmm thanks. That's what I thought. I recall reading recently a claim by Alonso, that pul rod, while at Ferrari, never worked properly for them. I am not exactly certain what he meant by that, but I find the article rather puzzling, especially when all statements we heard from the team reps, that SF16-H is step forward over 2015. They must have simulated that pul rod for wider tires gave them superior predictive performance, all worth returning to it. How sensitive it will be to setup remains to be seen, but it was always characterized as that being difficult.

now, since this was my home race I think that a few words are appropriate

Rosberg - great race by him, he had Hamilton covered, never put a foot wrong and dominated in style. My only question is why can't he do this when Hamilton gets any closer to him? does he get nervous? does he know that he has to let him through? is it a bit of both?

Hamilton - it looked to me as if he just had a minor issue in releasing the clutch, I think that it all depends on how aggressive his settings are, but I don't think that it was down to the car, sometimes people make small mistakas and sometimes these are costly. After that he quite simply didn't have Rosberg's speed, fair and square, and had to push too hard his front right tyre. Had the race been 5 laps longer (and had Ferrari hired a good strategist) I think that Vettel could have caught him

Vettel - drove well, he seems to be under a lot of pressure and that doesn't really help, plus he doesn't look like being very happy with where he is. I think that he drove well and in the end he was considerably quicker than Hamilton but he was too far back, that car is a stinker, you can clearly see that it's not suited to his driving style and that he has to push it around all the time and that he has to use some settings that don't work well with that car (I'd say a softer rear end that in turn means that the rear end becomes very lively)

Raikkonen - much more suited to the 2016 Ferrari than Vettel, IMHO there is no argument about this, he drives his car with some style and is very impressive indeed. He also seem to have far less pressure on him than his team mate

Ricciardo - :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: what a move did the guy managed to pull on Bottas, guys it's narrow there, and at the speed that they are travelling I'm sure it's also quite scary, from a TV set you don't really get the idea of what Ricciardo did yesterday. Verstappen should watch and try to learn, and aftet than he should clean ricciardo's shoes and be grateful

Bottas - he had a very quick car, everything seemed to be working ok for him only he didn't look close enough at his mirrors yesterday...

Verstappen - is this really the next Ayrton Senna? the next Alain Prost? the next Michael Schumahcer? I really struggle to believe it, I'd love to have access to his telemetry but so far he seems like a very good driver hyped up by the people around him and by the powers that be only because that helps keeping Heineken happy and he's a good story for F1. He needs to improve significantly and do it quite quickly because otherwise the fans might find him a bluff. When I'll have some time I'll start a thread on this topic, there's a lot to say about the guy, and a lot is not positive (what he said about Villeneuve's accident in 2001 is IMHO beyond contempt)

Perez - that car was interesting to look yesterday, it seemed as if it didn't really want to turn :P

Massa - I was expecting more from him, maybe with the announcement of his retirement he has lost some of his focus

Hulkenberg - same as Perez 

I saw what Ricciardo did publius, he came from much further back than verstappen. Like I said if no one touches it's brilliant but people would've murdered Ricciardo if he didn't pull it of, you know that to.

Watched it Sunday evening on tape delay. Boring race, not a whole lot to talk about other than DR's pass. Impressed with the length of Scipio's post, considering I was fast forwarding through parts of the race.

Yeah I found it pretty bland myself.  Until dan pulled of an incredible move and already knew hypocrisy was about to begin.

8 hours ago, Emmcee said:

I saw what Ricciardo did publius, he came from much further back than verstappen. Like I said if no one touches it's brilliant but people would've murdered Ricciardo if he didn't pull it of, you know that to.

1) they didn't touch

2) Ricciardo didn't even get very close to Bottas

3) when Ricciardo reached the apex he was ahead, when Verstappen reached the apex he was a full car lenght behind Vettel and 3/4 behind Raikkonen

4) Ricciardo pulled his move well in advance of either of them committing to the corner; Verstappen moved when both Vettel and Raikkonen had already committed to the turn

5) Bottas could (and should) have seen Ricciardo, Raikkonen could have hardly seen Verstappen and there is no way that Vettel could have seen what was happening

6) Ricciardo was taking a turn at the same angle as Bottas and their speed difference would have been marginal whereas Verstappen was taking a much closer line than Raikkonen and Vettel and in order to take the turn he would have to take it at a much slower speed  

7) the bottom line is that you don't like Vettel for his past history with Webber and we got to a situation when it is becoming impossible to have a normal conversation whenever if you feel the urge to blame Vettel for whatever he does, please think about it

8) I won't be dragged into this any longer, have fun

Ricciardo wasn't that close to bottas? Looked pretty close to me and Iam saying that to once again proove I try not to be biased. Also I don't HATE Vettel, this is pure assumption on your behalf because I don't agree with you. Everything you basically stated is hypocritcal to either situation. Just be honest and tell it how it is like I do. Or don't you see those post when I praise Vettel for certain things he has done? Or don't want to because then you have to justify your support each time he does something so blatantly wrong. Vettel was on the outside and tried to "bully" his way around by squeezing not only kimi but max as well. Vettel had all the control on how much room both kimi and Max had. You would blame max if he was on the outside so why doesn't it apply to Vettel? He was just worried max would be hard to deal with and ruin both Ferrari's race if he got ahead. You said so yourself, verstappen was 3/4 up the side of kimi, that constitutes a passing attempt and that's why kimi have him room.

Hey sakae if a fellow member wants to leave because they can't debate without taking it personally as they don't agree, how is that my fault? Maybe people take it the wrong way and I can't control that but all I can say is I don't have any personal issues with any members. So what we if disagree you trying to make me feel bad in case he does leave because you can't accept the fact not everyone agrees with you. That's sad man and bellow the belt IMO.