Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruslan

Under New Management

10 hours ago, Sakae said:

Not sure this is good news.

It is good news. Unequivocally. Budkowski might end up sucking but it is factually impossible for him to be a worse crook than Whiting.

It would be great news if Whiting was gone altogether. Thankfully, it's a matter of time.

And it would be fantastic news if Whiting was indited on charges of conspiracy to commit fraud. Unfortunately, this is unlikely to happen since F1 is packed with criminals (see Todt for an example).

34 minutes ago, maure said:

It is good news. Unequivocally. Budkowski might end up sucking but it is factually impossible for him to be a worse crook than Whiting.

It would be great news if Whiting was gone altogether. Thankfully, it's a matter of time.

And it would be fantastic news if Whiting was indited on charges of conspiracy to commit fraud. Unfortunately, this is unlikely to happen since F1 is packed with criminals (see Todt for an example).

Technical competence is in doubt. We will find out soon. Change was needed, but candidates...

download-icon.png
closelabel.gif

Why does everyone right of whiting? He has done a lot for the sport in the wake of tradgedy. Iam not a fan on some of his decisions either but he was just doing as he was told. The reshuffle needed to get that dinosaur out and that's the first step to recovery.

Correct.

Haas has merely expressed what I have been saying for couple of years when Robin Hood ideas began floating on the internet. 

Renault says manufacturers should be F1's "main players"

Exactly right, and I am happy that at last someone is not frightened to say it loudly. To make claims that small teams are the backbone of the F1 is totally illogical, and rather emotional statement without leg to stand on. Does anyone thinks that CVC would grab 1B+ a year with teams like Williams, McLaren, Manor and Force India? Think again.

Ecclestone:

I think people have got muddled up a bit," he added. "These people have thought and said, and Chase has said, that I hadn't done a very good job in the last three years. I thought I had, CVC thought I had, and I managed to produce $1.5 billion-a-year income, which made their shares worth a lot of money."

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/598227/Bernie_Ecclestone_the_aftershock_of_the_departure/

Is there a "secret" war going on between Ecclestone and Ross Brawn, and about we know very little about? Ecclestone has been talking about Ross in not very respectful manner recently, and now some media outlets generating headlines that he is after revenge, and his target is Ross. Sounds like someone has a nose out of his joint if it is true, but it could be fun, should races turn into one big bore. 

So....after the first race of the season.....any new opinions on the new cars and new management?

14 April 2017,  18:49

Hello!

But despite still working at FOM's offices, it has emerged that Ecclestone has not yet met managing director of commercial affairs Bratches, and has had only minor contact with Ross Brawn

Looks like Liberty really "values" Ecclestone's opinion. (Or more of a face-slap). Not very good evidence how indispensable man is.

18 hours ago, Sakae said:

20 April 2017,  19:38

Blackmailing was kicked on quite early, if it actually ever stopped, only to start again next morning.

Essence of watching the F1.

Frederic Vasseur - "What I like is competition, not the car, and the public wants a fight, not a performance".

Marko said, “The latest must be 2021 that an independent engine supplier comes into F1. This is more than necessary – and the engine has to be simple, noisy and on the cost side below ten million.”

“We are talking about a much less sophisticated engine to what we have now – a simple racing engine. There are enough companies around that could supply. So we expect from the new owners together with the FIA to find a solution at the latest by the end of this season. If that doesn’t happen our stay in F1 is not secured,” he added.

We should be talking about the F1 instead outside series. After many years it is first time when we have to some limited extend multi-team competition, and instead enjoying a small success, media shifted focus and left. This is a leadership mistake, I think. Promoting competition is weird way to lead.

“So we believe we’ve got a role to play and we’ve got a right to get involved in helping shape the regulations for the future.”

But ultimately it’s not our responsibility – that responsibility has to lie with the FIA, because they are the regulatory body,” explained Brawn.

Is it just me, or Brawn wants to have both ways? Yapping and kibitzing on side lines without responsibility for the intervention outcome? This must be some weird sense of British humor.

F1 officially welcomes this new man...

Sean Bratches is credited as one of ESPN’s most influential leaders, with over 27 years of experience, most recently as Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing. His career has been defined by innovation and vision, and his contributions helped to fuel tremendous growth in ESPN's brand and revenue.

Well, interesting.

Breitbart news - today, 30 April 2017,  16:48

ESPN is sinking. Some bad deals with NFL etc.

It is fairly easy to see why the layoffs will not stanch the loss in revenue that began unabated in 2011. ESPN is losing close to $1 billion per year based on subscriber losses. The people who were let go, even if they were compensated on average at $200,000 per year (but they were not, we are just being generous), will help shed about $20 million in payroll. That represents at best a 2 percent savings from the annual losses. It’s a drop in the bucket, and will not change anything systemically or fundamentally from a business model that is now fatally flawed.

So, lets try now F1.

Well....so far I like the new fan-friendly F1 and all the talk of bringing more European races back. Sorry to see Malaysia go, it was a nice facility, but F1 didn't really belong there anyway. So far, everything that Carey is doing looks positive. Granted, I could make a very long list of other changes I would like to see, but we shall see what they do over the next couple of years.

Is the "strategy group" (or whatever that second rules committee was called) still in existence or has all the rule making functions devolved back to FIA?

Strategy group still exists, it is quiet for now and I would not be surprised if FOG is undecided what to do with that body. (Assuming they actually can do anything). I've never managed to have proper understanding under what circumstances the group could be dissolved. Once Ross Brawn mentioned that SG was set on trial basis with later evaluation of its usefulness, but then trial seemingly became a state of permanency, and it is hard to say from outside what The Agreement actually states. Most recent noise suggested, that now outside teams could (should?) be allowed to join. 

Well, the dynamics of the old strategy group was that Bernie and Todt were never going to agree.....so the teams were the deciding vote. On the other hand, if Carey and Todt agree, then the teams can be ignored. I suspect though that the approach will be to try to get wide agreement from most players for some of the major changes. Ecclestone was more than willing to rule by a finagled majority and ignor trying to get consensus. I suspect Carey will try to build a broad consensus.

There are 18 votes to be had on regulatory decisions, as you probably know. What I could not find are voting rules under which body operates, namely, whether simple majority of votes suffices, or there has to be a unanimous decision for SG to adopt any changes. Interesting however is a proposition by FOG to work around it, which reportedly is considering not to renew CA, and replace it with a "partnership," whatever that means in commercial and regulatory terms. BE on behalf CVC has not created inequalities as inked in CA for nothing. It was his approach to keep teams that made them money interested. Tossing that approach out makes sense only if there is a better one (win-win) in the offing. I think we will have to wait how this plays out. Teams are not exactly inept, and they can look after themselves.  

It was majority rules. So, Bernie had six votes, Todt had six votes and six teams each had one vote. Bernie and four teams managed to vote down the budget cap, much to displeasure of Todt, who has just about to implement it.

I note that Carey is now talking about budget caps. It is an idea that won't go away, because no one has another solution (other than create a spec series....like they have with Indy).

Inexperience with nature of the F1 shows on the part of new owners. I do remain Budgetsceptic. (Yes, a new word).