Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruslan

Schumacher

On 9/8/2018 at 4:43 PM, Sakae said:

We should not forget Ferrari has no habits appointing fresh entrants. Mick needs a year with midfield. Second thing, I am not convinced that new management (residing in New York) feels any affinity to Schumacher family. They are money oriented.

Optics do however suggest that Jean Todt is Mick's mentor, and that doesn't hurts. We will see how Mick will perform in F2. Where he is now his equipment is not the very best one, but the one in F2 is supposed to have potential. I don't however follow lower series all that closely.    

And how about this one below Sakae ? Now I am really excited about Honda TR and RB for next year !!! 

A good training ground for Mick !

Mick Schumacher a target for Toro Rosso - report

Jumping from F3 to F1 is (used to be) not rare, but I wonder if Mick is ready. An opportunity is undoubtedly welcomed, but expectations on him will be high, and hawks will watch for him to trip. The old adage says "be careful what you wish for", as there may be unpleasant consequences of unexpected events. I do suspect that not everyone wants to see another Schumacher on the top of podium. I remain Michael Schumacher's fan through thick and thin all those years after Alain Prost retired from racing, and I have scars on my back to prove it when times were difficult. I wish to Mick all the best. TR is run by RBR gang, and it is a cut throat operation. Takes years to built a respectable reputation, but it takes five minutes to loose it, as we all know, and it doesn't has to be your fault. These days just perception is enough to destroy your reputation by people who endeavor in such behavior.

I can agree Sakae. However with how HArtley has been performing, I would guess Mick can do better given the correct and more experienced partner.

Besides a Jr team in TR would be almost similar to joining F2 ( my wild guess) in terms of learning curve needed. Max did it.

I am slightly confused who is Mick's mentor.  I've read that he is Mercedes's man, then I read Nick Todt is his Ferrari mentor, and now RBR. Sounds like overkill to me.

Betting on Mick to TR? I am not a betting man, but next time I am in Tokyo, I may hav to sponsor a sashimi plate for your good call.

Not betting for Mick into TR, just Hoping.

Looking forward to see you in Tokyo. And you can be my guest on the Sashimi as well as Sushi and other Japanese food Tokyo has to offer. ;)

Dr. Marko denied having Mick on their list of 10 candidates. I continue to think that it is becoming more and more difficult to get in without benefiting from push by some big telephone numbers behind you. Skills, and general aptitude is not enough.

A year with Renault could be good introduction. Neither Mercedes or Ferrari aren't known to accept rookies. 

I do not see too many options. FI was a good middle ground training team, but not now with junior running the show. Maybe it is then only Sauber left. Haas will want to have - sooner or later - an American on board. Forget Williams, McLaren, TR is a stable for RBR, so who is left? Look at Ocon; really talented and now proven driver, yet he is most likely without a drive in 2019 (as Stroll grabbed his seat).

I know. Ocon is Ocon same happened to Pascal and a lot of talented younglings who has talents but without backings.

So You shouldn't forget Mick's last name, It carries heavyweight. We used to say in Japan, Michael can sell air in Germany and Italy.

F1 will make room for Mick. Guarantee you that.

Mick has been confirmed for Ferrari (driving) academy. Is it good? His decision, but I am not so sure about his next step, and unless Seb has vacated one seat this year, then what? Leclerc is ex-academy driver, but he is also Italian, which apparently was helping to propell him forward. I do not know much about Leclerc, but everyone is praising him as an excellent prospect for WDC, thus his place on the grid is most likely on merit, Italian or not. Mick, for now, has only family genes and name to his credit. Partially it also helps, but he will need more than that.

I don't see Mick getting the race seat in 2020, earliest would be 2021. Who will he replace? Remains a big question...

2 hours ago, radical-one said:

I don't see Mick getting the race seat in 2020, earliest would be 2021. Who will he replace? Remains a big question...

If history should give us a hint, Mick needs at least one year in Sauber, Haas, or some other midfield team and show potential for growth in a red car. Moreover, one of the existing Ferrari drivers has to "fall on his sword". Can anyone see Vettel driving for Mercedes in his sunset days with the F1, if a drive was offered? He and Torger are "neighbors" in Switzerland, and despite their claims they do not talk shop during family visits as time permits, they do know each other sufficiently over the years to detect each others mood, concerns, personal plans and all that jazz.

Wolff defended Vettel several times last year. After Monza is one example of his positions.

Wolff believes there's a small margin between triumph and disaster, insisting Vettel's mistake on the first lap of last Sunday's Italian Grand Prix could have also led to Hamilton's demise. "It could easily have been Lewis instead of Sebastian who spun, then the whole Grand Prix would have been different," said Wolff. "In the high tech world of Formula 1, everything is not decided linearly and rationally, but also with luck, misfortune and coincidence."

6 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Glad to see u back posting Sakae, although I'm also just peeking in now and then

Hey buddy, glad to know you are still around. I thought you will be moving to Sauber topics. I do actually (at the moment) like Sauber as a team probably most from them all on the grid. Underdog, but they have an excellent TP (and a driver? :P )

25 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Hey buddy, glad to know you are still around. I thought you will be moving to Sauber topics. I do actually (at the moment) like Sauber as a team probably most from them all on the grid. Underdog, but they have an excellent TP (and a driver? :P )

lol...true hey

46 minutes ago, radical-one said:

Hey guys 

Belated Happy New year to you both. All the best in 2019 ! 

The same here, old friend.

NICOLAS TODT: I WILL HAVE A ROLE IN MICK’S RACING CAREER

This kind of news (and implied influence) cannot be bad for Mick. Nick's papa Jean is one of very few people outside of Schumacher's family, who has access and visits Michael and his family in Switzerland quite often. Ross Brawn is another old colleague from Ferrari days who knows first hand Michael's health standing.